Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do think the general is the best hybrid concept.. just wish another manufacture made it!
I liked the concept but his hi/low was funky, in low you were crawling and in high it was off to the races, middle of the road trail riding was a constant shift from high to low and low to high marathon.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Even the base general was $2500 more the se x2. Someone said look at a ca commander but I’ve read so many saying they boil beverages in the cup holders so that’s out! I wished Suzuki would bring something to the game! When they brought their KQ700 it was great! But I doubt they ever will!!

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone seen these? Looks like a Yamaha knock-off!
Utility Task Vehicles | Yanmar USA
D7850CFB 91D9 4C6B 94AA 62772C8A8A4C

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
The Generals are so capable on the trails. They do things no other SxS can do.

I'm calling B.S on this. I've heard only you say this several times. The guy that owns the General must be the only person in your riding group that knows how to drive. If I couldn't go where a popo went I'd burn it to the ground and kiss your ........and by the way popo made the general to look like a Pioneer 1000-3.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm calling B.S on this. I've heard only you say this several times. The guy that owns the General must be the only person in your riding group that knows how to drive. If I couldn't go where a popo went I'd burn it to the ground and kiss your ass.
:eek::eek::oops::oops::D:D

Reactions: TimG
D

Deleted member 3748

I'm calling B.S on this. I've heard only you say this several times. The guy that owns the General must be the only person in your riding group that knows how to drive. If I couldn't go where a popo went I'd burn it to the ground and kiss your ass.
There are three generals and the rest RZRs. It's the combined HP and ground clearance that makes them go through anything. I'll get my bare ass ready for you for when you ride with your first General.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
There are three generals and the rest RZRs. It's the combined HP and ground clearance that makes them go through anything. I'll get my bare ass ready for you for when you ride with your first General.

No you will see what a real driver can do with the most capable stock machine.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm calling B.S on this. I've heard only you say this several times. The guy that owns the General must be the only person in your riding group that knows how to drive. If I couldn't go where a popo went I'd burn it to the ground and kiss your ass. ........and by the way popo made the general to look like a Pioneer 1000-3.
I’m with @PistonHonda on this one. The biggest flaw they have is the belt drive and tie-rods. My buddy had one and I didn’t care for it but that thing could go some places. I wouldn’t personally have one but to each his own. High clearance with a lower center of gravity than the pioneer 1000 makes it a performer.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
I’m with @PistonHonda on this one. The biggest flaw they have is the belt drive and tie-rods. My buddy had one and I didn’t care for it but that thing could go some places. I wouldn’t personally have one but to each his own. High clearance with a lower center of gravity than the pioneer 1000 makes it a performer.

Your buddy had one of these marvelous machines and got rid of it ? Did he get an even more capable sxs ? Higher clearance with lower center of gravity ? so higher but lower ? seems like magic, must be the best engineers on earth. I had a p.o.s. popo atv years ago, it was the most powerful and biggest atv I had ever owned. It was PRETTY ! also the least capable least dependable biggest p.o.s. I have ever seen. If I thought for one second any popo out there was any better than a Honda I would buy one.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your buddy had one of these marvelous machines and got rid of it ? Did he get an even more capable sxs ? Higher clearance with lower center of gravity ? so higher but lower ? seems like magic, must be the best engineers on earth. I had a p.o.s. popo atv years ago, it was the most powerful and biggest atv I had ever owned. It was PRETTY ! also the least capable least dependable biggest p.o.s. I have ever seen. If I thought for one second any popo out there was any better than a Honda I would buy one.
@TimG, I’m not talking about reliability, I’m talking about capability. I pride myself on being fair when talking about other machines. The general wasn’t reliable but could go places my 700 can’t. To your point, he got tired of reliability issues and bought a PK-5 to replace it. He loves his new pioneer. As a forum community we shouldn’t be so hostile and act like these Honda’s are absolutely the best in all categories, if it weren’t for the rear seating on the wolverine X4, that’s what I would have bought, and yes I love my 700-4 but I’m not that arrogant to say it’s better than a wolvi X4. Let’s be realistic here. The worst thing we can do as a community is completely bash someone’s machine, a little fun ribbing is one thing but your taking it to another level.

Reactions: trigger and Mudwing
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@TimG, I’m not talking about reliability, I’m talking about capability. I pride myself on being fair when talking about other machines. The general wasn’t reliable but could go places my 700 can’t. To your point, he got tired of reliability issues and bought a PK-5 to replace it. He loves his new pioneer. As a forum community we shouldn’t be so hostile and act like these Honda’s are absolutely the best in all categories, if it weren’t for the rear seating on the wolverine X4, that’s what I would have bought, and yes I love my 700-4 but I’m not that arrogant to say it’s better than a wolvi X4. Let’s be realistic here. The worst thing we can do as a community is completely bash someone’s machine, a little fun ribbing is one thing but your taking it to another level.
To be fair a Pioneer 700 doesn't compare to a Pioneer 1000 either.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
To be fair a Pioneer 700 doesn't compare to a Pioneer 1000 either.
You are correct @Mopower58, my point was Honda’s are great and dependable but every machine has its pros and cons. If we can’t accept other people’s opinions and ideas, we are taking steps backwards as a forum community. That’s all I’m trying to say. That general was junk, it broke down several times, but he’s already told me it was better on trails than his PK-5. He’s thrilled with not breaking all the time though.

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV

I'm being hostile ? LOL ! :D just a friendly truth session for the deceived souls in my community. Hey if you love polaris buy one. :p

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm being hostile ? LOL ! :D just a friendly truth session for the deceived souls in my community. Hey if you love polaris buy one. :p
I wouldn’t have one personally, I like the reliability of the Honda. I like the wolverine X4 better as far as power and handling. The pioneers stowaway rear seats are what sealed the deal for me, it’s the most versatile machine in its class. My brother in law sent me this pic this morning, putting his 2014 pioneer 700 to work! Almost 4,000 miles of hard use and starts every day.
6F61D897 A23D 4F93 92EB 2EA3E0B387C4

Reactions: TimG

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!