Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little update, after breaking it in through tackett and royal blue.
First 100 miles were a little underwhelming do to the shifting ect. At 127 miles it was a night and day difference for the better, obviously used to this with the Pioneer before break in. And like clockwork it relaxed big time. Must be a preset in the break in because it felt like it was powershifting and really jumpy even with the big tires. But it went away and is lovely to drive. Its got all the power ill need. It rolled through the boulders and rocks with ease. Suspension works good, stiff at first then started breaking in/settling out.
I love the machine very little heat. Everyone was comfortable, can cruise down blacktop at 74 like your in a car.
I-4wd works really well, its not a locker, but has benefits that seem to outweigh the negatives, like you can still steer in really difficult situations to line up on obstacles better.
Powersteering could be stronger.
Looking for some more forgiving sway bar links.
Milage appears to be a lot better than my pioneer. May have something to do with @snuffandwhiskey tune! But it's a solid rig that should last me and my boys a long time.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well time to start a new build thread!
Just purchased a new talon x4. Id appreciate any pointers on the must haves or must do's. Ive got the warrior snorkel coming. Thinking about just the half windshield for now. I like it on the Pioneer that way.
View attachment 259184
Congrats @Plumber32, just now seeing this thread. You must have got it time you got back home from Ark! I assume you kept your P1KD5.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats @Plumber32, just now seeing this thread. You must have got it time you got back home from Ark! I assume you kept your P1KD5.
Yes sir, called a dealer to check on prices and he had just gotten one in. Only sxs at the store actually. Yes absolutely kept the p1k.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A little update on the talon.
Hess pv3 tuner
Hmf exhaust
Spare tire carrier
Honda storage box
Glass windshield.
Mudbusters for an "R"
Changed up a pillar lights
I'm turning this thing into a goldwing by the time I'm done. Absolutely loving the machine it's a great trail rig about 900 miles now.
Screenshot 20220502 182922 Gallery
Screenshot 20220502 182714 Gallery

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have
A little update on the talon.
Hess pv3 tuner
Hmf exhaust
Spare tire carrier
Honda storage box
Glass windshield.
Mudbusters for an "R"
Changed up a pillar lights
I'm turning this thing into a goldwing by the time I'm done. Absolutely loving the machine it's a great trail rig about 900 miles now. View attachment 332524View attachment 332525
Have you considered a KRX?? 😂

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!