ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Joey proved his picked up on the bottom end by racing snuff. That makes it worth getting to me.

Dyno or it didn't happen! I'm waiting to see what the dyno shows. I'll eat my words if it does.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dyno or it didn't happen! I'm waiting to see what the dyno shows. I'll eat my words if it does.
Most people only look at max HP on the dyno sheet. I want to see both graphs on top of each other. Personally I trust a side by side comparison more than any dyno. Dynos can lie (which is why you never trust an engine builder's dyno sheet).

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really do enjoy the enthusiasts and the knowledge... Over the years I've pretty much just left my machines stock and rode the snot out of them for many miles. For this old man my P1000 has plenty of power! LOL

Reactions: Ridem32 and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Richening it up will take some heat out. Joeys is more responsive that mine, especially down low. I think it may help to get the tires spinning when stuck helping the clutch. Don't know if we'll see a big gain to total hp without other mods. I do have my air box snorkel to test.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I'm still less than optimistic a tuner is gonna produce good increases on a stock engine. But my experience is based on sport bikes not sxs's. It's possible Honda left some meat on the bone since they are so new. Total HP increase is gonna be minimal (I'd be astounded if you got 5% out of it). The improvement is gonna be from cleaning up the graph where it dips and spikes.
The biggest advantage I see is down the road when the aftermarket finally catches up. Cams, exhausts, headwork, etc.

I couldn't agree with you more Delton!
On a gas engine you need more air through it to gain much.

I am getting excited about removing the cat as they are designed to run hot it might just help to cool this engine down.
My son gets out of school the first week in may or I think I would load my Pioneer any join them on the Dyno!

Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Most people only look at max HP on the dyno sheet. I want to see both graphs on top of each other. Personally I trust a side by side comparison more than any dyno. Dynos can lie (which is why you never trust an engine builder's dyno sheet).

Agree overall gains. BUT a dyno is a more consistent tool for tuning. It takes variables out of the equation.

Seat of your pants and two imperfect drivers also running the timers is not as consistent.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Where is the catalytic converter?
mine is an endangered specie
IMG 20170213 090102994 HDR

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
A dyno is a tool, just like an air pressure gauge. Nothing more. It's a useful tool for quantifying tune changes, a lot more accurate than a butt dyno.

jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Does the power commander void the factory or extended warranty

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Can you make adjustments to the tune with the power commander only or do you have to have the auto tune to make adjustments? I have a close friend who owns Innovative diesel and has a dyno hes probably tune it for me on the dyno. He tunes RZRs I know not sure of any other SXSs.

Reactions: sharp
advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can you make adjustments to the tune with the power commander only or do you have to have the auto tune to make adjustments? I have a close friend who owns Innovative diesel and has a dyno hes probably tune it for me on the dyno. He tunes RZRs I know not sure of any other SXSs.

You can make fuel adjustments and ignition timing adjustments. When you have it set where you like it, the autotune will keep the air fuel ratio at your target.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You can make fuel adjustments and ignition timing adjustments. When you have it set where you like it, the autotune will keep the air fuel ratio at your target.
Oh ok. has anyone ever put this on a 3 seater? I seen some videos of them on this thread not sure if they are tuned or not. Id like to have a tune for 93 octane and see what it does. Can you disable the MPH limit with the PCV??

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh ok. has anyone ever put this on a 3 seater? I seen some videos of them on this thread not sure if they are tuned or not. Id like to have a tune for 93 octane and see what it does. Can you disable the MPH limit with the PCV??

The three seater should be quicker. The three seater in the video at the beginning of this thread is my fathers. It's The same speed as my tuned five seater.

If you want to only use 93 octane, you can adjust your ignition timing for that.

Tbowman053

Tbowman053

Dec 18, 2016
Henderson, MD
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The three seater should be quicker. The three seater in the video at the beginning of this thread is my fathers. It's The same speed as my tuned five seater.

If you want to only use 93 octane, you can adjust your ignition timing for that.
Yeah I mean I cant see buy the PCV and not running 93 octane to get everything I can out of the pioneer ya know. The guy I know that tune has an air/ fuel ratio thing he can still in your tail pipe instead of have to weld a bung and keeping it there.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yeah I mean I cant see buy the PCV and not running 93 octane to get everything I can out of the pioneer ya know. The guy I know that tune has an air/ fuel ratio thing he can still in your tail pipe instead of have to weld a bung and keeping it there.

With the permanently mounted wideband O2 sensor, it will adjust depending on air density if you're at different elevations or air temperature. That would be a nice feature to have as well. It was super easy to mount the new O2 sensor.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Damn @joeymt33...I thought you and @snuffnwhisky were friendso_O But after watching what you did to him in the drag race I'm not so sure anymore!:eek:;)

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A dyno is a tool, just like an air pressure gauge. Nothing more. It's a useful tool for quantifying tune changes, a lot more accurate than a butt dyno.
True if the guy tuning with the dyno is worth a crap. You get somebody tuning for max numbers on the dyno and you're gonna be disappointed out on the road or the trails.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!