Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Wires with PS ok if that is all you are doing, both back to battery if long enough, (220 watt max draw motor).

Good or bad, used frame for long ground run when did winch previously. I just ran a 6 ga positive for winch to a switched 160 amp fuse beside the battery box, then short heavy lead from batt. Neg. to frame to balance current back to battery. Guess 6 ga. Jumper cables could be repurposed. Removed the skid plate and used wire protection sheath, likely did more effort than necessary, but only wanted to do that one time for future add ons. Connected the PS to that winch supply. Enjoy that PS, but it does limit what else you can add under the hood.

R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
Wires with PS ok if that is all you are doing, both back to battery if long enough, (220 watt max draw motor).

Good or bad, used frame for long ground run when did winch previously. I just ran a 6 ga positive for winch to a switched 160 amp fuse beside the battery box, then short heavy lead from batt. Neg. to frame to balance current back to battery. Guess 6 ga. Jumper cables could be repurposed. Removed the skid plate and used wire protection sheath, likely did more effort than necessary, but only wanted to do that one time for future add ons. Connected the PS to that winch supply. Enjoy that PS, but it does limit what else you can add under the hood.
I guess this photo is the best....it show's hooking up to the battery.... P500 - Power steering install

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Just wanted to let anybody know that is on the fence about buying power steering (or anything else needed). If you buy today 3/09 on e b a y
and use coupon PSPRING20 you will get 20% off. I purchased the tusk power steering for $397.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got the power steering installed. Been in the garage for two weeks waiting for time to do it. Fought long and hard to get the clearance on the master cylinder to work, still grazes it every once in a while when it all flexes... anyone else have this issue. Its clearing lock to lock, then randomly it flexes a bit and touches the edge..

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Finally got the power steering installed. Been in the garage for two weeks waiting for time to do it. Fought long and hard to get the clearance on the master cylinder to work, still grazes it every once in a while when it all flexes... anyone else have this issue. Its clearing lock to lock, then randomly it flexes a bit and touches the edge..

I was able to keep mine clear. Sounds like you may need to turn the unit a touch more.

Reactions: Mudder
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I think I had to put a ratchet strap on mine and pulled it over, then tightened everything up.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I think I had to put a ratchet strap on mine and pulled it over, then tightened everything up.
That may be what i do when i get hone i think. I pushed and pulled as much as i could, but still touches just a brush by if it flexes the mount plate..

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
@Wallace, well the ratchet strap seemed to do the trick. Thanks for the heads up. Was going to call a buddy for an extra set of hands after work if i couldn't get it to work.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!