Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There was a guy on fb selling axles for 25% off list. Might be worth making a friend and inquiring. I do not know the guys name though. Hopefully someone can chime in.

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I did research on this one as well. The Tusk unit has more up to date instructions than the super atv one. Installed it last month and it works great. Got it from Rocky Mountain ATV, makes a big difference with my Bighorn tires plus front bucket.View attachment 60527

Tusk install instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mne265nj92v964i/PEPS-2002_Tusk.pdf?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question! The Tusk instructions state you have to remove the steering wheel and the one from SuperATV doesn't even mention it. I was wondering if that is in fact true that you have to remove the steering wheel? I live 80 minutes away from SuperATV and they are willing to install for free but I have to pay full price and then 45 in tax for it. The Tusk unit is about $150 less and wondering if I can handle it myself?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have a question! The Tusk instructions state you have to remove the steering wheel and the one from SuperATV doesn't even mention it. I was wondering if that is in fact true that you have to remove the steering wheel? I live 80 minutes away from SuperATV and they are willing to install for free but I have to pay full price and then 45 in tax for it. The Tusk unit is about $150 less and wondering if I can handle it myself?

Absolutely no reason to remove the steering wheel.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Trigger is right, as usual. I just installed the Tusk kit less than a month ago. No need to remove anything but the 2 steering shafts. Easy peasy!

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger is right, as usual. I just installed the Tusk kit less than a month ago. No need to remove anything but the 2 steering shafts. Easy peasy!
Actually, you just remove one steering shaft and replace with two.

Reactions: trigger
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I will be installing mine on Sunday, so I may have a few questions myself , if I run in to any problems !
Just ensure you clear the master cylinder turning the steering before tightening every up, and you're fine!

And then the Misses will say: " And why did you wait this long to get me power steering" !!??

Last edited:
advertisement
U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
I’m going the Tusk route and saving the $150.....I feel I can pull it off with everyone’s help

You will love the tusk, it works great

You can also go through befrugal.com for another 6% off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smitty335
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Electrical hookups was time consuming, other stuff easy bolt on, just take your time and keep bolts loose to work out any flex on turning stop to stop. Rachet and 6 inch extension helped with shafts.

C

Chooglin

Well I installed the PS today and I have to say , it is pretty darn nice.

I did have some trouble though ,that steering shaft that comes real close to the brake fluid reservoir is a PITA. Every time I would tighten the brackets , it would shove the shaft towards the resivoir. After trying several times , I finally put a jack bolt between the frame and bracket to keep it from moving on me.
20180225 112528
If I would have had a helper , this would have been a piece of cake , I wasted 1 1/2 hours screwing around with that.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Had to loosen upper shaft at steering wheel connection to slide it where it would not bind, a pita, but works freely now. Show a close up pic of the motor, mine was EZ steer and bad instructions had it upside down and did what you describe. Had to redo. Enjoy that one handed steering!

C

Chooglin

Had to loosen upper shaft at steering wheel connection to slide it where it would not bind, a pita, but works freely now. Show a close up pic of the motor, mine was EZ steer and bad instructions had it upside down and did what you describe. Had to redo. Enjoy that one handed steering!
I will post pics tomorrow, I sure hope I have it correct , I don't want to fight with that thing again !

Reactions: Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah, they showed the motor upside down in the instructions which caused some grief. Once i got that figured out it was pretty easy. Need to loosen upper shaft and turn both ways full lock, find the happy spot in regards to motor flex, then cinch it down. Still flexes a little but Superatv said that was normal due to limited space and short shafts. Haven't had a problem with mine since install.

Reactions: Chooglin
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!