P500 Power steering

C

Chooglin

No, the motor unit. P500 - Power steering install. Think @trigger has a similar problem with motor install. Don’t know how similar the Tusk is to the EZ steer motor.
Thanks for the link !

Pretty sure I have it mounted correctly , I never removed any bolts from the motor (13mm you speak of) I used the 10mm bolts in the box. So it can only be mounted 1 way , provided you don't remove those 13 mm bolts !

Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

Yeah, they showed the motor upside down in the instructions which caused some grief. Once i got that figured out it was pretty easy. Need to loosen upper shaft and turn both ways full lock, find the happy spot in regards to motor flex, then cinch it down. Still flexes a little but Superatv said that was normal due to limited space and short shafts. Haven't had a problem with mine since install.
Everything seems to work fine , I did notice the flex you are talking about but it is very minimal!

C

Chooglin

No more steer shock or endless hand over hand in the tight stuff. You're going to love that upgrade, enjoy! :cool:
Thanks @trigger and @Mudder for the tips!

I am going to love it and I am sure the wife will appreciate it too. She hasn't tried it out yet but she will thank me , I'm sure.

I did have to pull the steering wheel and line it back up , after the install.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
If you need power steering on a Pioneer 500 maybe you should get a girl to chauffeur you . :D

Reactions: Gassygordo
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Well, an update from me. Since SuperATV is so close to me and I told them I can get the Tusk unit cheaper they are installing it for free for me and discounting it as well. I dropped my P5 off to them on Saturday afternoon. There warehouse is unbelievable with all their race rigs and monster sxs's..

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't need most of the sh** on mine but it's nice to have. :cool:
hahaha....I can appreciate that statement. I say I "need" something for it. The wife quickly reminds me I only "want" something for it, just like I "wanted" the machine to begin with.

C

Chooglin

@Mudder and @trigger have a look at these pics ,does it look to be mounted correctly? I also took a pic through the drivers side fender !

20180226 162436 20180226 162323 20180226 162253

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
That's the crucial word "need" not at all to be confused with want lol .
I think about p.s. almost every ride just because its the in thing (all the cool guys have it) but I just can't convince myself I would appreciate it .

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
That's the crucial word "need" not at all to be confused with want lol .
I think about p.s. almost every ride just because its the in thing (all the cool guys have it) but I just can't convince myself I would appreciate it .

The PS was worth it to me, something used every time I'm behind the wheel whether plowing or trail riding. I'm just hoping to get as much satisfaction out of the shocks?

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
The PS was worth it to me, something used every time I'm behind the wheel whether plowing or trail riding. I'm just hoping to get as much satisfaction out of the shocks?

Yes I’m thinking WE shocks on the front myself...hard to swallow $1200

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@Chooglin , looks like big round part faces down, looks good to me. Wish I did the PS from day 1.

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Thanks for the replies guys !

I downloaded the pdf instructions from superatv site and I think I found the pictures that you guys are referring to. These pics look nothing like the pics on the instructions that they sent me in the box. This pic is way wrong , just like you guys said.

Screenshot 2018 02 26 16 59 18

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
The SEARCH feature on this forum is something I use offen, usually can find good information. This thread is a great example to help others down the road. @Hondasxs has saved me from many headaches, and provided good “gotta do that mods” during P500 ownership. Working together.

Last edited:
R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
When installing the power steering unit did you run the + an - wires to the battery box?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
To the solenoid and then yes all the way back or to your power block. Nothing on that machine will draw more power than that winch and you don't want to starve it at all.

Whoops, was just reading a different post on winch. Disregard that last post.
As for the PS, I ran mine back to my power block also.

Reactions: RumpRocket
R

RumpRocket

Dec 23, 2017
USA
Ownership

1. 500
To the solenoid and then yes all the way back or to your power block. Nothing on that machine will draw more power than that winch and you don't want to starve it at all.
So you do run separate wiring to the battery?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!