Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As much as it won’t happen I would rather not turn this into a R max vs KRX debate .. do think appropriate to compare to pioneer models since we all have experience and can relate to .. focus on features and what not .. @CumminsPusher - great review

You know you like a good pissin match. Its what keeps us going.

To be fair I dont have anything against the rmax. I haven't gotten the chance to ride one but I'd like to see how they operate.

J

JTW

It’s coming. I’d say wait for it so you have machines that share components and accessories.
That’s the plan... the only draw back. The 2 and a 4 seat KRX won’t fit in the enclosed so if I want to take both machines I’m going to have to figure on a bigger truck that will hold the 2 seat on the back. I’m thinking western hauler.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You know you like a good pissin match. Its what keeps us going.

To be fair I dont have anything against the rmax. I haven't gotten the chance to ride one but I'd like to see how they operate.
I like the rmax. Not the price. But the cabin is awesome, seats are real nice. Power was abundant especially where we come from.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know for a fact... plumber drove mine. Not Rick.. and I would assume the same for snuffs!
Maybe so but he does spend a fair amount of time behind the wheel as Plumber...

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon x4
No doubt, the Rmax is a nice machine. If it was available a couple years ago, I would have almost certainly bought it over the P1000-5. Now, I will mostly likely go with the KRX next, but if i already had a Rmax i may be a little less likely to jump ship than I am with the Pioneer.

J

JTW

No doubt, the Rmax is a nice machine. If it was available a couple years ago, I would have almost certainly bought it over the P1000-5. Now, I will mostly likely go with the KRX next, but if i already had a Rmax i may be a little less likely to jump ship than I am with the Pioneer.
You’ll miss the paddles occasionally but literally EVERYTHING else is soooo much better!

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Its too bad its only a 2 seat. What kinda dick buys a machine they can't take their kids with ? And it needs a 64" version.

I’m one of those dicks. I had the Pioneer 1000-5 and the family don’t like to ride like I do so I’m buying for me now. And I will most likely have a RMax at the takeover if all goes as planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The landscape has clearly changed when it comes to picking out a Recreational/ utility combo machine. The pioneer was a good option when it came out especially if someone truly planned to use the 5 seat version.

Anymore it has really fallen into the straight utility category with the Ranger and Defender if it wants any chance of being the winner. The Rmax, General, and even Commander are more of a cross over machine with better Recreational features than the Pioneer.

Honda needs to really up their game on the pioneer or come out with a better cross over machine. But like everything Honda does, they will be late to the party. Unfortunately.

I've been a Honda fan my whole life. But there comes a time when you have to be honest with yourself and buy the best machine that fits your needs and not because of the brand.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The landscape has clearly changed when it comes to picking out a Recreational/ utility combo machine. The pioneer was a good option when it came out especially if someone truly planned to use the 5 seat version.

Anymore it has really fallen into the straight utility category with the Ranger and Defender if it wants any chance of being the winner. The Rmax, General, and even Commander are more of a cross over machine with better Recreational features than the Pioneer.

Honda needs to really up their game on the pioneer or come out with a better cross over machine. But like everything Honda does, they will be late to the party. Unfortunately.

I've been a Honda fan my whole life. But there comes a time when you have to be honest with yourself and buy the best machine that fits your needs and not because of the brand.
I agree, by the time they make the changes needed to the Pioneer someone will have something that is already better. The general is a good trail machine but I’m not super impressed with it considering I ride with a friend that has one and I’ve taken my Pioneer places he couldn’t go.....cuz his machine is like a semi trailer long.

J

JTW

I’m one of those dicks. I had the Pioneer 1000-5 and the family don’t like to ride like I do so I’m buying for me now. And I will most likely have a RMax at the takeover if all goes as planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you considered a KRX!!?

Reactions: Biteme
J

JTW

Nailed it!!

Reactions: Biteme
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!