R-Max

J

JTW

Its too bad its only a 2 seat. What kinda dick buys a machine they can't take their kids with ? And it needs a 64" version.
The kind that can afford to have 2! And I don’t need a 64” machine.. I have no desire to go to those communist liberal states!

• Haha
Reactions: Biteme
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree, by the time they make the changes needed to the Pioneer someone will have something that is already better. The general is a good trail machine but I’m not super impressed with it considering I ride with a friend that has one and I’ve taken my Pioneer places he couldn’t go.....cuz his machine is like a semi trailer long.
Taloneer! 100 hp. 15" travel, 64" wide.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
prolly the kind of dick without young kids.me,i'm keeping my pioneer no matter what sport utv i eventually end up with.
Yeah now we have 2 machines and 3 kids. I don't use the rear seats. But really like sitting 3 wide in the Pioneer with the little guy (5) in the middle instead of one kid sitting in back by themselves. Our wolverine is a 2 seat. Id like a sport machine 2 seat, but I'd probably only be able to drive it on the 2 trips a year I go by myself.

J

JTW

Yeah now we have 2 machines and 3 kids. I don't use the rear seats. But really like sitting 3 wide in the Pioneer with the little guy (5) in the middle instead of one kid sitting in back by themselves. Our wolverine is a 2 seat. Id like a sport machine 2 seat, but I'd probably only be able to drive it on the 2 trips a year I go by myself.
You keep saying this 2 trips a year by yourself.. but in all the years I’ve known you your family has only been on 2 of them!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You’ll miss the paddles occasionally but literally EVERYTHING else is soooo much better!
Hell every time I drive the Honda I try to paddle shift anything I’m in. Really f***s me up in the pickup lol. I may be one of the few still but I sure love those

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Dear Honda
For the next Talon woods version
add a diff lock to the i4wd
Slightly more aggressive low range
More stout front end
a f***ing decent skid plate
mode control like the RMAX

If you build it they will come.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Buuuut they won’t!
At some point they have to listen. There’s now too many Jap choices. Selling a Honda just because it says Honda will only go so far nowadays. I agree with you but they have the ability, just need the paper pushers out of the way for a bit.

R

rickoshea

At some point they have to listen. There’s now too many Jap choices. Selling a Honda just because it says Honda will only go so far nowadays. I agree with you but they have the ability, just need the paper pushers out of the way for a bit.
the sad reality is they don't really have to listen.Honda corp. is huge with a huge diversity of products from lawnmowers up to passenger jets.a few thousand utv's a year sold is a drop in the bucket for them.

J

JTW

While all that is entirely true... it doesn’t mean they’ll listen in time! Look at the talon.. it’s years behind what it would have been

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
the sad reality is they don't really have to listen.Honda corp. is huge with a huge diversity of products from lawnmowers up to passenger jets.a few thousand utv's a year sold is a drop in the bucket for them.

You are correct. Honda doesn’t really care. I did the math once and their total offroad sales in North America Is like 1% of their total business. They sell 20 times more scooters in Japan than they do all utv/atvs combined. They don't care.

To be fair to @Ragnar406 we should try to stay on the rmax.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This a pretty good video on the RMAX. Whats funny is if you start about the 10 minute mark you'll see quite a few shots of the tender springs fully collapsed. Thats embarrassing given the effort that was put into the ride day and the video produced.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love my P1, so does my dealer, how many recalls now? The positive is Honda cares! HA!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I love them too... but I love all the other upgrades more! While the paddles are nice... they don’t make up for all the other drawbacks.
HA! Why not get the hell beat out our yours brains going slow, makes you feel like your flying! Our P1 is going nowhere, it's a great machine for what it was designed for, putting around . I think there are more capable machines out of the box. Than what Honda has to offer. Honda step unto the plate!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!