R-Max

J

JTW

I prefer Yamaha over Kawi for build, for performance, the Looks, the options for this machine over the KRX! As Kilo says, It's not about he Destination, it's about the Journey! I choose to Journey with Yamaha!
What was the Kawi you had issues with in the past? The rmax while it has its place... it’s not going to out perform the KRX in performance or build in regards to being built beefy. I’m a Yamaha fan. And if the 4 seat KRX is too long I’ll look at the rmax4 as the family ride but I understand that the capabilities won’t be the same. I just don’t want to see you overspend for an machine that comes up short in regards to what you’re after performance wise.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What kind of camera? I’m switching over to the cellular cameras... Tactacam Reveal is what I’m using now.
I was just being an ass, sewer pipe camera. Tactacam Reveal, is the picture real time without all the blotches? Watched so many Go Pro vids that are out of focus junk?

Reactions: Biteme
J

JTW

I was just being an ass, sewer pipe camera. Tactacam Reveal, is the picture real time without all the blotches? Watched so many Go Pro vids that are out of focus junk?
This is a trail camera I’m speaking of.. I thought you were meaning you had a camera on a feeder.
D66F732B A52D 4E72 BFBA B7248C717DC1
A1399D17 1EBF 4763 9141 24982D235D0F
F2C57F8F 1430 43E9 9AD6 A5340BB8F585
39540754 FD49 46BB 845C 57E45BF45271

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That was a pretty good review, spot on with a couple things I noticed especially on the great steering. Definitely a little like a factory advertisement, to the point I almost need to reevaluate my decision from driving one. They got all the good points in, it’ll be a General killer

It is definitely better than the General. But the problem is Polaris has won the rule of 30%. Which is, the first to capture 30% of the market wins. Polaris has done that. And trying to take that away, In any product line, is nearly impossible. I cant count how many people say their going to buy a polaris just because its most popular so they think thats what they should get. RMAX will steal some sales but wont be enough to take the lead by any means.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It is definitely better than the General. But the problem is Polaris has won the rule of 30%. Which is, the first to capture 30% of the market wins. Polaris has done that. And trying to take that away, In any product line, is nearly impossible. I cant count how many people say their going to buy a polaris just because its most popular so they think thats what they should get. RMAX will steal some sales but wont be enough to take the lead by any means.
It was funny hearing what some of the General guys were saying when it came out. Couple guys commented they wish they had waited. I think the belt warranty alone is enough to make a huge dent in that market. Hell there will be no fires unless it’s parked too close to a Popo lol. Yamaha builds a good machine and everyone knows the Jap quality is better, now you throw looks and numbers, it’ll work. They are all presold for months out here

Last edited:
Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
I just traded in my 1000-5 for the RMAX4 and couldn't be happier.
It doesn't rattle.
It's more comfortable and rides better.
It has rear seats that my kids enjoy sitting in.
It's better on the trails I ride.
Going by the seat of my pants it feels like it has more power but it's probably just new toy syndrome.
And the top reason is there is absolutely no heat in the cabin. My Pioneer would roast my calves in the summer.

J

JTW

It doesn't rattle.
Going by the seat of my pants it feels like it has more power but it's probably just new toy syndrome.
And the top reason is there is absolutely no heat in the cabin. My Pioneer would roast my calves in the summer.
It feels like it has more power because it most certainly does!! The rmax is going to be tough on the pioneer! Glad you’re liking it!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This a pretty good video on the RMAX. Whats funny is if you start about the 10 minute mark you'll see quite a few shots of the tender springs fully collapsed. Thats embarrassing given the effort that was put into the ride day and the video produced.

Apparently tender springs are supposed to be like by design when sitting. They are there to help when fully extended. I find it hard to believe every tender spring on a stock vehicle is like that because nobody paid attention.

Reactions: Biteme and CID
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It doesn't rattle.

My brother has been looking into sxs and has liked my Pioneer. He needs the back seats for the kids. I told him to steer away from the Pioneer just because of the heat issue. It was bad enough in my 3 seat even with fans. I told him If I had kids I'd be taking a serious look at the rmax 4.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!