R-Max

R

rickoshea

apparently in Canada,we only get the base and the se, which is the xtr in the U.S.we don't get the le.not sure if we get the 4 seater.

Reactions: Biteme
H

HondaTech

You are correct. Honda doesn’t really care. I did the math once and their total offroad sales in North America Is like 1% of their total business. They sell 20 times more scooters in Japan than they do all utv/atvs combined. They don't care.

To be fair to @Ragnar406 we should try to stay on the rmax.

It's hard to get Japan on board. There are plenty of people in American Honda who want to build market destroying machines. But it's hard to translate that message to the bean counters in Japan. They see India buying a million scooters and wonder why the U.S wants a big atv with a steering wheel.

J

JTW

I would call it more of a promotional video than a review. But it does give a lot of good information none the less.
I get what you’re saying. Let me put it this way.. I’d like to see the same folks do the same type of review for every machine they mentioned. Notice they didn’t mention the “you know what” until the very end and all they could say was theirs was quicker and faster.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I get what you’re saying. Let me put it this way.. I’d like to see the same folks do the same type of review for every machine they mentioned. Notice they didn’t mention the “you know what” until the very end and all they could say was theirs was quicker and faster.

Yea I can see that.

At one point in the video they said "The rmax has 1/4" more ...something something...." s***, damn I better go get one right now lol.

Yea if anyone buys based on whos fastest they would be buying something with a turbo.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's hard to get Japan on board. There are plenty of people in American Honda who want to build market destroying machines. But it's hard to translate that message to the bean counters in Japan. They see India buying a million scooters and wonder why the U.S wants a big atv with a steering wheel.
Yea, things look much different when you are looking at the whole picture vs one section. I have a product that every line review customers are like that need to go and then i show them the numbers... ugliest thing we sell and boy does it ... never think that if you did not look at sales.. Infact the things that everyone (buyers and up and well as surveys) likes seem to sell the least

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That was a pretty good review, spot on with a couple things I noticed especially on the great steering. Definitely a little like a factory advertisement, to the point I almost need to reevaluate my decision from driving one. They got all the good points in, it’ll be a General killer

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hell every time I drive the Honda I try to paddle shift anything I’m in. Really f***s me up in the pickup lol. I may be one of the few still but I sure love those
Get a Fod Raptor, they have paddle shifters and I agree, I really like the paddles on my P5, makes is seem so high performance.

J

JTW

The Best Review that I have watched, so far! I visited my local dealer and they had a LE that was already sold but wouldn't get another until Jan. It is a nice machine and calling my name.
What is your intended use? Just trail riding? 2 or 4 passengers?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The Best Review that I have watched, so far! I visited my local dealer and they had a LE that was already sold but wouldn't get another until Jan. It is a nice machine and calling my name.
I like the factor of being able to control the 4 WD system my self. My Dad and I were out at the cabin Saturday working/riding. We took the river trail, forded the river to the other side to find the bank washed out with a narrow 1.5 foot vertical ledge to climb and a 3 foot hole on the right, a jump to the right would have ended up in a flop with wheel spin.Locked it into A4WD Looked at Dad and asked, think we can make it and took off, got up the bank and Dad says I think we can make it. I don't think I would have trusted the I drive system for that? But I ride some really bad places.

J

JTW

I like the factor of being able to control the 4 WD system my self. My Dad and I were out at the cabin Saturday working/riding. We took the river trail, forded the river to the other side to find the bank washed out with a narrow 1.5 foot vertical ledge to climb and a 3 foot hole on the right, a jump to the right would have ended up in a flop with wheel spin.Locked it into A4WD Looked at Dad and asked, think we can make it and took off, got up the bank and Dad says I think we can make it. I don't think I would have trusted the I drive system for that? But I ride some really bad places.
KRX would have walked across the water and the bank would have eroded out of respect!

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
What is your intended use? Just trail riding? 2 or 4 passengers?
For now 2 but soon to be 1! Travel to other destinations and enjoy Life as best I can! I may not outlast the Belt Warranty but I am going to have fun trying........ I have already been on the KAWI train but longevity didn't follow! Tried and True Honda and Yamaha, longevity exist! Why do you ask?

J

JTW

For now 2 but soon to be 1! Travel to other destinations and enjoy Life as best I can! I may not outlast the Belt Warranty but I am going to have fun trying........ I have already been on the KAWI train but longevity didn't follow! Tried and True Honda and Yamaha, longevity exist! Why do you ask?
There are a LOT of us here that have made the jump to the sport oriented machines and depending on use and needs as to what might best suit you. I would expect the rmax to be a good machine... BUT there might be better depending on your wants and needs. Honestly, if you’re looking to just trail ride you should really look at and consider the KRX. I really don’t care what you buy.. I just don’t want to see folks spend on the wrong machine for their riding. What Kawi did you have issues with?

Reactions: Biteme and Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!