Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did you disconnect power on yours prior to servicing the clutcho_O

I'd like to say yes just to save on the emoji's you're going to send me. No. Truthfully I didn't see a need but it's a good idea. You're probably right about the clutch reset being impacted but I'd really do it anyways.
Nice job buddy wasn't too bad now was it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The "Beast" lives to plow another day. Congrats on getting it running and thanks very much for the pics. Hopefully no one needs to do it again, but it's nice to see someone take the time, for the better of the group.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
thanks for these threads @Eltobgi and @CumminsPusher ... I'm sure we'll all need to reference these in the future...:(

I'm going to stay quiet this time as I'm pretty verbal on this matter.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'd like to say yes just to save on the emoji's you're going to send me. No. Truthfully I didn't see a need but it's a good idea. You're probably right about the clutch reset being impacted but I'd really do it anyways.
Nice job buddy wasn't too bad now was it?

No you gave good instructions! But getting everything to fit right took a little time! The up and down movement of the individual clutch plates made it a little tricky to get the gears fully seated! Took me about 3 tries!:mad: I have to confess I was wishing you were here to assist...code word for do it for me;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No you gave good instructions! But getting everything to fit right took a little time! The up and down movement of the individual clutch plates made it a little tricky to get the gears fully seated! Took me about 3 tries!:mad: I have to confess I was wishing you were here to assist...code word for do it for me;)

Yeah that is kind of a pain in the butt but you were on top of it as long as that cover goes on smoothly they are in right. If you look at the front shaft that'll show you too but not quite as easily. Really though that and digging the s*** from the pop clips to get the plastic off is the extent of the hard stuff. You did great!

advertisement
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Went ahead and performed the reset! Took me two try's for the record! Have to put the skid plate and plastic on tomorrow shouldn't be too bad!

And got the burnt clutch pack ready to ship tomorrow to Barnett Clutches!
IMG 6360
Keep your fingers crossed boys!

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm feeling pretty comfortable doing this thanks to you and @CumminsPusher. Thanks guys! I hope I never need to, though... knock on wood. I still have plenty of warranty left, anyway.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
two try's only on the reset isn't bad! Glad to see that back going buddy! Next...pictures you going through the gears! :)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!