P1000 Replacing clutch pack on the Beast

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Whats up with the oil being darker in the DCT area? I don't know much about wet clutches but I thought there would be enough oil flow that the dark would be diluted with the rest of the oil.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Whats up with the oil being darker in the DCT area? I don't know much about wet clutches but I thought there would be enough oil flow that the dark would be diluted with the rest of the oil.
Not sure but wanted to document it for discussion!

Reactions: pct and AKRider
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Y'all just peanut butter and jelly of my sexy man toes!!
With your toes I would wear 4 pair of socks and really big boots, HA

advertisement
J

JTW

I'll be wearing my boots thank you!!

IMG 2310

J

JTW

I'm glad you asked that.. because I was thinking the same thing. Y'all are far surpassing my knowledge base with this stuff!

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Heavy clutch friction material that wouldnt wash into the rest of the enigine? Did you look at each friction plate? Did the material delaminate?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh jeez - that incident on the train really affected you didnt it.
Im wondering who really offered the money for the foot show

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I dont know much about these clutches, but have had to done countless brake jobs on back hoes that have a wet brake in the trans axle or rear axle. And when you get a green operator that just hammers down through the park brake the friction material will delaminate from it steel plate due to heat

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!