P1000 Riding Clubs

Rooster1

Rooster1

Dec 26, 2016
hendersonville
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello all. I am new to the forum and to owning a UTV. I recently purchased a 2016 pioneer 1000 with the orange panels. I bought my pioneer to use in my hunting club in SC but after purchasing it I found out many people get together and ride for fun in the off season. Both my family and I are very interested in trying this but I don't know of any clubs or riding groups in my area and I am hoping someone could help me out and point me in the right direction. We live in Hendersonville NC but we are willing to drive into SC or TN to get some riding in. If anyone knows of any riding clubs or groups that are looking to take on another rider could you please let us know about them? I am very excited about all the possibilities owning the pioneer is going to open for us. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Rooster1

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats on the new ride! Most of the time someone on here will be riding somewhere and invite whoever wants to go. This forum is kinda like a riding club, just spend some time on here and you will hear about people getting together and riding and usually everyone is invited. The Mecca of club riding will be april 28-29 2017 it's the pioneer takeover at royal blue. Hope y'all can make it. I would post you a link but I don't remember how. Lol go to search and type in pioneer takeover.

Rooster1

Rooster1

Dec 26, 2016
hendersonville
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Congrats on the new ride! Most of the time someone on here will be riding somewhere and invite whoever wants to go. This forum is kinda like a riding club, just spend some time on here and you will hear about people getting together and riding and usually everyone is invited. The Mecca of club riding will be april 28-29 2017 it's the pioneer takeover at royal blue. Hope y'all can make it. I would post you a link but I don't remember how. Lol go to search and type in pioneer takeover.

Since I am new to this what is Pioneer takeover exactly? I am very interested in it. I searched it like you said and I got a bunch of posts about people looking forward to it but no real information about the event. It sounds like it is going to be a blast though.

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Since I am new to this what is Pioneer takeover exactly? I am very interested in it. I searched it like you said and I got a bunch of posts about people looking forward to it but no real information about the event. It sounds like it is going to be a blast though.
Welcome! And congratulations. Feel free to ask anything you need here and comment. We like pictures that's the only stipulation lol
Takeover is an event put on mainly for the members of this club by @Hondasxs and a few others. People will be coming from all over the country to meet and ride including myself (very excited) There will be multiple groups going out with varying terrain. Hopefully this year shakes out to be a very big one with as many members that can make it. There will be prizes dinners and flat out some of the coolest people around. It's a family event and everyone is invited and encouraged to go.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You definitely want to make it to the Takeover. Last year was my first and had an absolute blast. On a more local note, we get together and ride when we can here in TN. Search "Bull Run" for info and lots of videos. We get together, do alot of bs'ing and ride some of the coolest trails around. We will post any upcoming rides. I think our biggest has been 12 machines. Alot of fun riding and just hanging out with like minded folks. You are always welcome to come along some mud with us.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Alaska! Oh boy, are you in for some information overload ;) You've picked a great site to join. This is, hands down, the best group of people I've never met in person... lol.

If you haven't seen this yet, it should give you a lot of info on the Takeover. I won't be attending, for obvious geographic reasons, but I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could.

Multi - 2017 Pioneer Takeover - April 28 & 29th - Ride Royal Blue!

Have fun, good luck, and don't be bashful about asking questions.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
advertisement
Rooster1

Rooster1

Dec 26, 2016
hendersonville
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks to everyone that has replied so far. You guys have pretty much sold my family on attending this year. My wife has already had me researching cabin rentals and that is odd for her. She is as excited as I am about this. LOL Just a couple of quick questions. By the time of the event our youngest will be 10 months old. Is that too young to go out on some of their trails or should she be fine? Second other than adding a winch to my ride it is stock. Is there anything that should be upgraded before the trip and does anyone have a list of necessities that should be carried on board during the trip? Everyone sounds so nice and helpful and we are looking forward to meeting everyone!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks to everyone that has replied so far. You guys have pretty much sold my family on attending this year. My wife has already had me researching cabin rentals and that is odd for her. She is as excited as I am about this. LOL Just a couple of quick questions. By the time of the event our youngest will be 10 months old. Is that too young to go out on some of their trails or should she be fine? Second other than adding a winch to my ride it is stock. Is there anything that should be upgraded before the trip and does anyone have a list of necessities that should be carried on board during the trip? Everyone sounds so nice and helpful and we are looking forward to meeting everyone!
Our daughter has been riding with us ever since she could hold her head up. Usually one of us would hold her in our lap now she sits in the middle and loves it (14 months old now). It's good to get them use to riding when they are young so they can get use to the noise and not be scared. Royal blue has every type of trail there is, if you do the ruff rocky stuff (not with baby) you might want to do some mods. As for stock you'll be fine for 90% of the trail system. Necessities: food, water, toilet paper,

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The management at Royal Blue does request that kids under 16 wear a helmet, even in the SxS. I don't think it has to be DOT or anything... a small bicycle helmet should suffice for your youngest.
Browse around in the forums using the search feature. There are a couple of threads discussing "must have" trail gear and such.
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: AKRider and sharp
PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Full skid plate for underneath is a necessity in my opinion. I have the UHMW full skid from Trail Armor. Windshield, roof, winch. That should cover the basics and get you out on the trail with some peace of mind.

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Is there anything that should be upgraded before the trip and does anyone have a list of necessities that should be carried on board during the trip?
LMAO - this guy is definitely new here.
Stick around man, you wont be able to stop the mods and accessorizing - lol.

Seriously though - you might want to look at upgrading the skid plates. The stock belly protection on mine was damaged in short order so I added Factory UTV skid plates. There are other good brands too. Use the search function for skid plates if you're interested.

Reactions: sharp
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Skids as mentioned above are a good idea. A-ARM guards and above all at least an under hood snorkel and vent line raised

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Welcome to the forum.

We've taken our children out with us when they were young, the biggest problem with children really young is trying to hold their head up. Their head is bobbing up-and-down and left and right. They can't take more than an hour or two in my opinion.

You may be fine with riding just a couple hours but if you want to ride more as some of us may ride 6 to 10 hours. You may want to have a back up plan for a babysitter that can make the trip with you. Maybe mama will hang out at the cabin while you put in a few more hours riding?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!