BOX1

P1000 Shocks

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ok I know this is a dead horse but..... elka stage 2’s, 814’s or qs3’s? I’ve read threads and researched til blue in the face. Still find it unrealistic to spend that kind of money for shocks. What is everyone’s choice and why? I do mostly back roads and mild trails. Some farm use.

Reactions: Lady01
D

DDDonkey

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 29, 2017
AZ
I have 814’s and they are really nice. If doing it again I would get something that bolts on (814 needs a little grinding) and something that does not require limit straps. I am no suspension expert like others here and the 814s took me a while to get dialed in, again great shocks just takes a little tinkering to get them just right.

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have 814’s and they are really nice. If doing it again I would get something that bolts on (814 needs a little grinding) and something that does not require limit straps. I am no suspension expert like others here and the 814s took me a while to get dialed in, again great shocks just takes a little tinkering to get them just right.
I know very little about shocks. I was thinking fox until I started pricing and researching then was leaning towards 814’s because of price. Cheaper.

Reactions: Lady01
sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
I use my Pioneer the same way you do for the most part and am happy with the Fox’s. I can’t compare them to the others as I have not had the opportunity to experience the ride with them. Be nice to find someone who had the experience to directly compare all three. I’d imagine that anything would be better than stock. I know my 1,000 rides day and night better than the 700 with stock shocks, however, that is not a direct comparison.

Not much to adjust on the Fox. Three positions. I ride mostly on the softest setting. Cranking them up to the mid and firm levels firms up the ride and helps with body roll for more spirited rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

SteveJ

Apr 9, 2017
SE Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am also blue in the face on this one, looked into 814's and talked to the guy there and it seems like a great setup. Install looks pretty easy especially after watching a YouTuber put them on his machine. I need to get my 1000-5 a better suspension to keep up with my newly acquired Talon X. I am not sure what the other brands promise but talking with 814, these shocks give about a 1" lift to the unit.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!