Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
whats everyone using for maps when they ride? Ive got a Garmin loaded with maps for WV, but im thinking of switching to a android tablet. would like to see what others are doing.

Right now im looking at getting a Galaxy Tab A 7" and mounting it with a Ram mount

Last edited:
R

Rustell

I'm struggling with this myself.. Hoping for some solutions here. I'm looking for something that will work without internet or cell service.

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use Onyx Hunt. It provided a nice track without cell service last weekend. Once you buy it, it can show property boundaries, owners info too. I'm going to buy WV and prob TN too, since I'm going on the Takeover. I have an iPhone 6 plus

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
whats everyone using for maps when they ride? Ive got a Garmin loaded with maps for WV, but im thinking of switching to a android tablet. would like to see what others are doing.

Right now im looking at getting a Galaxy Tab A 7" and mounting it with a Ram mount
I use a 10" Samsung tablet running Android OS and ORUXMAPS app. On it I have loaded over 12,000 miles trails from WV / TN / CO / UT. To mount it securely I use the Aluminum RAM mount base, arm, & ball coated in rubber. It has stayed put and is very easy to read on the fly, if I were buying a new tablet for this function I recommend a 7" or 8" tablet.

Here is pics of my setup and a few links to threads where I have even more details on its use and the trail maps loaded from GPSfilesdepot.com

P1000 - Jackal's P1000-5

OruxMap's - My GPS Replacement!

Ride Report - Royal Blue / Pioneer, TN

Multi - Ride Report - Paiute Trails / Central Utah

R

Rustell

I started looking into "Orux" maps and I keep running into "Not available on Google Play. Where can I download this to a tablet.? Not having much luck today..

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I started looking into "Orux" maps and I keep running into "Not available on Google Play. Where can I download this to a tablet.? Not having much luck today..
Try directly from their web page, recently they got away from Google Play due to not agreeing to their payments methods. But the app is free.

www.oruxmaps.com/index_en.html

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
I use my old iPad using motion x.
IMG 5064

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was able to download , but unable to install it... I get a Parse error...whatever that is.
Maybe my tablet is to old (4-5 yrs)
Try updating your version of Android, that should work.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Jak Bar Garmin Montana, the 610 I think. 24k maps from VV Mapping for MI, WI and MN. Shows everything, trails, roads, food and fuel locations...
Mounted in RAM mount that is hard wired, locks in with a set screw so it doesn't get stolen.

JSDAVIS

JSDAVIS

Sep 12, 2020
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
P1k5 with a 2019 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8”
Running BobT maps for Hatfield McCoy WV trails overlaid on Back Country Navigator Pro App...

F6048E07 B3F3 4091 BADD 8712E79147BF 2BB576BB 84F5 4DFC 805D 32F3D4EC176A

Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!