P1000 Simple Accessory Wiring Help

B

bmahloch

May 23, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I recently got a 2022 Pioneer 1K Trail edition. Been great so far. I am looking to install a simple rocker style dual USB port charger, easy right... well, couple questions:
  1. The trail comes with an installed 3rd ON/OFF switch which the manual indicates is for turning accessories on/off, however, I can't figure out how to integrate with the pre-existing switch.
  2. Don't know where to start with connecting the USB rocker. Doesn't seem to be a place to hook up switch on accessories "out-of-the-box". Should I integrate this with the pre-existing switch so it only draws power if that switch is on.
Any guidance on how to get started here, or how to decipher this wiring? The owner's manual has done little to help.

Thanks Much!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@GRANITE might be able to help you. He just wired up a 22 deluxe.

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
recently got a 2022 Pioneer 1K Trail edition
Welcome from Michigan.
as we kindly ask all newbies…
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN ;)

• Haha
Reactions: ChadD
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I recently got a 2022 Pioneer 1K Trail edition. Been great so far. I am looking to install a simple rocker style dual USB port charger, easy right... well, couple questions:
  1. The trail comes with an installed 3rd ON/OFF switch which the manual indicates is for turning accessories on/off, however, I can't figure out how to integrate with the pre-existing switch.
  2. Don't know where to start with connecting the USB rocker. Doesn't seem to be a place to hook up switch on accessories "out-of-the-box". Should I integrate this with the pre-existing switch so it only draws power if that switch is on.
Any guidance on how to get started here, or how to decipher this wiring? The owner's manual has done little to help.

Thanks Much!
Hey there and welcome. I have a 22 1000-5 deluxe and have my wiring done pretty easily. The club store has a pre made harness that makes it easy to use those factory switches. Keep in mind they are only for light load items under 6A I believe! I personally use them for simple things like interior lighting and whip light. I bought a 6 fuse panel and ran USB through panel. I can draw a diagram to help if needed. I’m only using the single battery and got a Stinger relay in place between battery and fuse panel. My wiring is a ORGANIZED CHAOTIC MESS😆 cause I just finished the turn signals but everything works! My machine don’t have the Factory winch like yours but I’d contact Richard (forum club store owner) when things settle with him! I’d be happy to help anyway I can!!

63B7910C 0EDF 4EE4 AC2C 2680041EA38D 4C82C4B0 04A6 4DB7 BB9F 156BD6E3210F

B

bmahloch

May 23, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@Remington - haha! Here's some pics.

First is the vehicle itself
Second is where the pre-existing on/off is and where i'd like to install the USB rocker
Third is the back of the USB rocker

@GRANITE - Thanks, checking out the harness. Will reach out if I need further help.

Image from iOS Image from iOS 1 Image from iOS 2

B

bmahloch

May 23, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@GRANITE - Thanks, just bought the harness. Makes perfect sense now. Oddly enough I had removed that and saw the loopback and was like WTF, I think this is right but wasn't confident so I taped it back up. Now that I see the harness I think I can run with it.

Image from iOS 3

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
@GRANITE - Thanks, just bought the harness. Makes perfect sense now. Oddly enough I had removed that and saw the loopback and was like WTF, I think this is right but wasn't confident so I taped it back up. Now that I see the harness I think I can run with it.

View attachment 340513
Yes remove the blue tape and the connectors will make sense

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just realized the thread title,

Simple Accessory Wiring Help​

is one of them oxymoron's. Ain't no such thing! For some inexplicable reason, wiring or accessories always gets complicated!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!