Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I have been recently replacing my bolts as I lose them, going with 8mm bolts and rivnuts.

I never liked the way they had me drilling and tapping a piece of tube to bolt my skid plate up. So far, I've lost about 5 of those bolts, mostly on the outer edges on my Tusk skid plate.

I do worry a bit about the rivnuts - what's going to happen if you spin one of those suckers trying to get a bolt out? Seems like it's going to be a nightmare in its own right...
A little bit of anti seize on the bolt threads will help, otherwise just drill them out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
can't find the cup/bowl washers. can you give me full description?

Well this was the link to the item, but apparently no longer available.

UTV INC Heavy Duty 1.5" Zinc... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NNXSNS7?tag=sxsweb24-20

These come up in an Amazon search for, "skid plate washer"

Screenshot 20230719 110420 Amazon Shopping

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!