P1000 Skid plates

F

FloridaPath

Mar 23, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone know of any skid plates for the 1000-5 that requires no drilling?

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just had a set of Trail Armor skids put on. They cover the sides unlike the factory and are considerably thicker and stronger. It comes with all the hardware needed and has self tapping screws for the side pieces and a few more for the middle part. No "drill" is required but a strong rechargeable impact works great.

20TAC

Jul 31, 2020
Saskatchewan, Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would try the ricochet off-road ones. The only holes that need drilling are a couple small ones on the front bash guard by the winch. They are supposed to utilize the factory mounts and a clamp system to clamp to the frame.

I plan to order a set this summer once I get my machine in. 1000-5 trail on order. Just need to check that the 2022 front a arm guards will fit the same as on 2021 models.

F

FloridaPath

Mar 23, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would try the ricochet off-road ones. The only holes that need drilling are a couple small ones on the front bash guard by the winch. They are supposed to utilize the factory mounts and a clamp system to clamp to the frame.

I plan to order a set this summer once I get my machine in. 1000-5 trail on order. Just need to check that the 2022 front a arm guards will fit the same as on 2021 models.
Yea I just can't bring myself to put holes into my new sxs.

mlynch001

mlynch001

Oct 7, 2020
Dardanelle, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wait until you shove a rock or a stump through the bottom of the engine or floorboard. You will drill those holes in a heartbeat. I took that OEM bottom cover off and installed a TUSK UHMW Full skid plate. Best move I ever made. I am eventually doing back and installing 6mm Rivet Nuts in place of the Self tapping screws on the side rails.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
But bashing in its frame is acceptable?

Any real skid plate that is going to be used better be secured by approximately 40 bolts or it won't be on very long. But if it's for show, we'll 2 sided tape might just get it done for a trailer queen.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!