Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My 2017 1000 3 seat doesn't have snap rings on the lower ball joints. Is this normal?

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Correct. Honda does not install them there.
Some have added them. Including myself.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct, JTW and BWAF
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Cool I'm going to add them it doesn't feel right not to. Thanks

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This odd. I am having issues with lower ball joint. It did not have a snap ring but dealer has decided to install one when it didn't make it from the shop to my trailer. Oh yeah this is the third ball joint.
Let me also make another suggestion: On all your A-arm bolts upper and lower drill and install cotter pins so nuts will not come off. This is from personal experience. Dealer reused locknuts and didn't even add locktite when reinstalled. Wasn't pretty when it came off. Thankful I was on flat ground when this happened even at 35mph it was not good.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Here would be another good item for your store.
Thanks for the heads up. I had no luck with finding a snap ring last night. Will continue the search today.

do you have any advise on where to get a snap ring this size. Local auto parts store say they don't carry anything this big? I thought it was small myself. I'm heading out to check a tractor supply and rural king now.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the heads up. I had no luck with finding a snap ring last night. Will continue the search today.
do you have any advise on where to get a snap ring this size. Local auto parts store say they don't carry anything this big? I thought it was small myself. I'm heading out to check a tractor supply and rural king now.
A bearing supplier or hydraulic shop in your area might have some in stock. I think they are relatively cheap from the dealer. Under $2-3 full list price. Look the number up on a 16 model year.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Try these Honda numbers at a car dealership. Might cross over into a civic or other full size car.

Screenshot 20190216 090337

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This odd. I am having issues with lower ball joint. It did not have a snap ring but dealer has decided to install one when it didn't make it from the shop to my trailer. Oh yeah this is the third ball joint.
If your ball joint has fallen out of the arm, snap ring or not. Push for a new arm to be installed. If the tech did not install the joint properly, they may have messed up the interference press fit of the arm.

THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are
If your ball joint has fallen out of the arm, snap ring or not. Push for a new arm to be installed. If the tech did not install the joint properly, they may have messed up the interference press fit of the arm.
They are replacing the lower arm and are going to install snap ring. You are 100% right about the install, it has to be aligned right before pressing.

Reactions: pct, sharp and BWAF
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It originally came out due to upper a-arm nut coming off and bolt sliding back letting upper arm to yaw and causing front end to shift and put in a extreme bind pushing lower ball joint out of lower a-arm.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It originally came out due to upper a-arm nut coming off and bolt sliding back letting upper arm to yaw and causing front end to shift and put in a extreme bind pushing lower ball joint out of lower a-arm.
If anyone needs to replace stock A Arms, I've got a set off a 16 P1 Deluxe that I will give you, just pay the shipping.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If anyone needs to replace stock A Arms, I've got a set off a 16 P1 Deluxe that I will give you, just pay the shipping.
Bring'em to takeover. I'll take em if no one else does.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!