BOX1

Soooooo any ideas why my airbox filled with oil?

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
Sounds like I need these parts for my engine rebuild this winter. Where do I find these parts, anybody got part numbers for this stuff yet?

@Sheetmetalfab You still willing to sell me the old cases?
Sure thing as soon as I get them there will be pictures here.

i’ll get part numbers for the sub trans stuff then too.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I forgot about this thread, we've been short staffed.

Here's the new stuff

Shift Shaft 24210-HL4-010
Star 24331-HL4-010

These dont show in the parts fiche yet, but are available to order, weve got a couple of each in stock for the next rebuild that comes around.

Very much appreciated good sir!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon x4
So i call the Honda shop today and they tell me they just re opened after being closed for 12 days due to everyone getting covid.

pretty pathetic they never even called me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Barracuda

Barracuda

Lifetime Member
Oct 14, 2021
Washington state
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV

2. w/Turbo
So just to recap what I have been reading here is that the issue was with the aftermarket filter?
I was trying to follow the discussion, but my Talon has the Jackson turbo intake system and I installed the S&B particle separator aswell, which totally removed the stock Honda system and I wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything that might affect my setup...
The Honda engine seems to be sensitive to any contaminates making it thru the intake and filter. This isn't surprising (engine wise), but the filter issues are. That's why I went with the particle separator. The particle separator doesn't match up easily with the Jackson setup, but I was able to make it work pretty well.
Sorry to here about the issues and hopefully the other parties involved fix their issues and make it right for your machine. Thanks for sharing...

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So just to recap what I have been reading here is that the issue was with the aftermarket filter?
I was trying to follow the discussion, but my Talon has the Jackson turbo intake system and I installed the S&B particle separator aswell, which totally removed the stock Honda system and I wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything that might affect my setup...
The Honda engine seems to be sensitive to any contaminates making it thru the intake and filter. This isn't surprising (engine wise), but the filter issues are. That's why I went with the particle separator. The particle separator doesn't match up easily with the Jackson setup, but I was able to make it work pretty well.
Sorry to here about the issues and hopefully the other parties involved fix their issues and make it right for your machine. Thanks for sharing...
Yes theres a few of us that have had some failures of a aftermarket filter that allows contaminants around it.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has r2c stated their final decision on this yet? Hoping the best for you guys

Reactions: Smitty335
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Has r2c stated their final decision on this yet? Hoping the best for you guys
They have stopped replying to my Emails,voice mails and also the BBB complaint i file about them. So i guess i will have to get a lawyer if i want any thing to happen.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
While state laws vary, small claims court can often be an inexpensive yet powerful tool for consumers.

The internet is a powerful tool. I'd be posting pictures and the story everywhere R2C advertises and anywhere they are mentioned all across the world wide web. The SxS filter market is a drop in the bucket for R2C but the racing side of their business isn't. I'd be hitting them where it hurts most. Guaranteed you get a response from them in short order. Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get wrongs righted...

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
While state laws vary, small claims court can often be an inexpensive yet powerful tool for consumers.
Only problem is the repairs could be over the $5k cap of small claims court. But thanks for the suggestion, i will look into that.

Reactions: toddvdh
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The internet is a powerful tool. I'd be posting pictures and the story everywhere R2C advertises and anywhere they are mentioned all across the world wide web. The SxS filter market is a drop in the bucket for R2C but the racing side of their business isn't. I'd be hitting them where it hurts most. Guaranteed you get a response from them in short order. Sometimes you have to be an asshole to get wrongs righted...
Yea i have been lurking around the internet and seeing where all there products are used. It sucks that they are just not doing whats right!!!
Im not normally an a$$hole, but i may need to be one in this situation.

D

Dankathy

May 4, 2020
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yea i have been lurking around the internet and seeing where all there products are used. It sucks that they are just not doing whats right!!!
Im not normally an a$$hole, but i may need to be one in this situation.
Race-dezert.com. for one, maybe some reviews at kartek on their r2c offerings

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!