P500 SSV Works Overhead Sound System for P5 - Review

ATCTim

ATCTim

Oct 11, 2018
Lake Lucy, PA
Ownership

1. 500
I did a lot of research regarding a sound system for my P5. I settled on the SSV Works system for it and was very pleased with the fit and finish, as well as the installation process. Start to finish took less than 20 minutes to install. The sound quality exceeded my expectations by a long shot in both quality sound and loudness. This thing is very loud. There is an available 10" sub-woofer that installs under the drivers seat. It is a simple plug and play add on to this unit. I passed on it, but may think about it harder later on. I can only imagine how a good sub would sound with the already very loud, quality sound of the head unit.

I wired it into my Honda accessory sub harness. The directions want you to wire it straight to the battery and it comes with a fusible connection. I wanted it to power off when the key was off, because I know myself pretty well, and I would leave it on - I just know I would.

The unit itself has I-pod (pad, phone) connections for the older generation (30 pin connector). It also has a 3.5mm headphone jack. It has Bluetooth as well (which is how I hook my smart phone to it) and my favorite part is that it actually has an FM tuner built in. So if you don't have an MP3 player, or a smart phone, you can just use it stand alone with radio signal. It has an integrated dome light in it too. I am very happy with my purchase.

Pros: easy hook up, great sound, fantastic looks, multiple ways to play music thru it
Cons: price (although for what you get it is not that bad really), dome lights could be a bit brighter

Units sell anywhere from $500 to $600 online. Sub woofer add on is $300 from manufacturer.

IMG 20181206 205925429 IMG 20181206 205933666 IMG 20181206 205953817

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Cool.
I really want to see how the under seat sub actually fits and looks...does it rub against that brake line junction and would the thing load up with mud etc.. If you get one post up!

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I did a lot of research regarding a sound system for my P5. I settled on the SSV Works system for it and was very pleased with the fit and finish, as well as the installation process. Start to finish took less than 20 minutes to install. The sound quality exceeded my expectations by a long shot in both quality sound and loudness. This thing is very loud. There is an available 10" sub-woofer that installs under the drivers seat. It is a simple plug and play add on to this unit. I passed on it, but may think about it harder later on. I can only imagine how a good sub would sound with the already very loud, quality sound of the head unit.

I wired it into my Honda accessory sub harness. The directions want you to wire it straight to the battery and it comes with a fusible connection. I wanted it to power off when the key was off, because I know myself pretty well, and I would leave it on - I just know I would.

The unit itself has I-pod (pad, phone) connections for the older generation (30 pin connector). It also has a 3.5mm headphone jack. It has Bluetooth as well (which is how I hook my smart phone to it) and my favorite part is that it actually has an FM tuner built in. So if you don't have an MP3 player, or a smart phone, you can just use it stand alone with radio signal. It has an integrated dome light in it too. I am very happy with my purchase.

Pros: easy hook up, great sound, fantastic looks, multiple ways to play music thru it
Cons: price (although for what you get it is not that bad really), dome lights could be a bit brighter

Units sell anywhere from $500 to $600 online. Sub woofer add on is $300 from manufacturer.

View attachment 96744 View attachment 96745 View attachment 96747

I've been using this unit for 2 1/2 yrs now and built a pretty elaborate system around it. It gets fairly loud but lacks any low end without a sub. The FM tuner sounds like total crap so is pretty much useless, I use an IPOD plugged in. The dome light is better than nothing but it isn't very bright. It does fit well between the bars and is up and out of the way. There wasn't much available when I got mine and would go a different direction if doing it again, especially for the price.
Check out this thread if you want to hear it with different subs, added speakers and different amp set ups.
P500 - Vulgar Display of Power

Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I've been using this unit for 2 1/2 yrs now and built a pretty elaborate system around it. It gets fairly loud but lacks any low end without a sub. The FM tuner sounds like total crap so is pretty much useless, I use an IPOD plugged in. The dome light is better than nothing but it isn't very bright. It does fit well between the bars and is up and out of the way. There wasn't much available when I got mine and would go a different direction if doing it again, especially for the price.
Check out this thread if you want to hear it with different subs, added speakers and different amp set ups.
P500 - Vulgar Display of Power
Show off :p

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!