CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 drove through about 2 1/2 feet of water and wire wrapped my tire and went to shift in reverse machine shut off got pulled an hour later it’s starts fine in neutral and park but shifting into gear it dies checked oil no water check trans fluid really milky

If I change the trans fluid will it go into gear with out dying ???
I seriously doubt it, something else is wrong. Definitely change the oil though, it's full of water.

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 drove through about 2 1/2 feet of water and wire wrapped my tire and went to shift in reverse machine shut off got pulled an hour later it’s starts fine in neutral and park but shifting into gear it dies checked oil no water check trans fluid really milky

Best way to look at this is sub trans is like a transfer case in a truck. the actual trans is in the motor if its just stalling when u put in gear the problem is probably somewhere else. If u got water in the sub trans prob got water in fuel tank. Or engine

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Best way to look at this is sub trans is like a transfer case in a truck. the actual trans is in the motor if its just stalling when u put in gear the problem is probably somewhere else. If u got water in the sub trans prob got water in fuel tank. Or engine
This is a good point, have you extended your gas tank vent, they aren't very high when stock.

I think the sub trans is just a 'dumb' gearbox, nothing electrical, just gears and bearings and stuff to shift 'em. It does know when you're in Low or High range though. 🤔

M

Mb042215

Dec 2, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No but I’m going to this pioneer has 3 miles on I just it today but when I start it runs/ idles perfect no problem there just the shift into drive or reverse it just dies

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No but I’m going to this pioneer has 3 miles on I just it today but when I start it runs/ idles perfect no problem there just the shift into drive or reverse it just dies
U need to drain the fuel tank and double ck a little bit of water can do what your describing.they will run but when u shift into gear engine load changes,injector opens up and dumps water in. U need to get water out of sub trans regardless. U can start there but I highly doubt it fixes it. But I've been wrong before I can be wrong again. Just FYI heat fuel treatment will not remove large amounts of water from fuel system

bigshoe

bigshoe

Aug 17, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a good point, have you extended your gas tank vent, they aren't very high when stock.

I think the sub trans is just a 'dumb' gearbox, nothing electrical, just gears and bearings and stuff to shift 'em. It does know when you're in Low or High range though. 🤔
Yep nothing electric just gets low and high from the switch on shifter. I think lol.

Reactions: Smitty335 and CID
M

MBTractorman

Aug 20, 2020
Delhi, On
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hope you get it figured out, much braver man than I to take apart sub trans, I would put it back together and have left over parts lol. I had a rattle that I couldn’t figure out for about three weeks, turns out it was a heat shield that would rattle under load, tightened everything up and all was good
Did you guys ever figure this out? What was causing the noise, or was it the tubes under the floor as mentioned?

advertisement
P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine does that under load, just before it's due to downshift (say, going up a hill...)

I've worried about it on and off, so reading this thread has been comforting.

Reactions: Bryce
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
My P1K is very quiet. No engine or gear noises at all. The only noise it makes is some minor tire howl on blacktop.

I keep these hanging on the sub-transmission shifter handle and "install" them before I start the engine. Work great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!