monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Don't go on any 50" trails with those spacers, if you get through one end, you not get out the other end. My sway is disconnected, but then again I'm not into high speed driving on the straight line or in corners. I spend about two weeks in Colorado driving all over those trails west of Delta and Montrose. My best investment has been tires, Torque Locker, and Walker Evans shocks for the front.
I didn't see any of those gates... rode the area for a week.

H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't see any of those gates... rode the area for a week.
The 50" trail heads are marked on the USForest Service maps. Trust me, they are there. You just didn't hit the right trail. But, as you already know there is plenty of riding opportunities without ever going on a 50" or less ATV trail. It's just nice when you encounter one, you don't have to turn around and go back.

Reactions: 1border4manu
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I'm going to try removing it before our next ride. I'm not too concerned about a rollover while I'm driving it. However my wife's offroad and trail riding background comes from riding and racing banshees and the like. The phrase, "drive it like you stole it" comes to mind. May be a bit tough to get her to take it easy a bit while we learn the new feel of the swaybar disconnected.
I've had mine off for like 4 month And i promise you you will not roll it over on a power slide ...So much better with it off.

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Going to give it a try.
I took mine out in one piece from the passenger side with wheel off,a little tricky but you'll figure how to slide it out..I also marked the sway bar just in case i have to install it back..

20190506 160151 20190506 160141

seymore13

seymore13

Jul 9, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Would it be ok to just leave the SB in but disconnected?
Took mine out the other night. Completely removing it took about 5 minutes from start to finish. Incredibly simple. Lift the rear with a jack, take off the passenger side wheel, 12mm socket to remove the swaybar links from the arms, 15mm to unbolt the swaybar from the frame, and it slides right out like in the pictures. Put the wheel back on and done.

I know everyone says they are shocked at how different it rides and handles, and before taking it off, I couldn't grasp how it could be that much different, but it is. Just riding around in general, it's smoother and less jarring. There is without a doubt, noticeably more body roll and in certain circumstances, I could see that leading to an increased risk of a tip over. But for 99% of situations, I can't see it being anything but a positive change. Bumps, curbs, ruts, the neighbors dog, it seems to just float over all of them now.

Took it through the neighborhood with some winding turns at just under 40 and while the roll was noticeable in the turns, it wasn't pucker inducing either. Maybe really sharp turns at speed would be different, but I've never been in a habit of taking turns like that fast anyways, and realistically, where I'd encounter those kinds of turns on trails, there's no way you'd be going that fast anyways.

Lilred500

Lilred500

Keep it on the rubber side
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2019
Wv
Ownership

1. 500
Would be nice to have some quick disconnect links for the p5 I’m gonna have to try this mod the trails here in wv beat our brains out with all the little dips in the roads

tomcj2

tomcj2

I forgot the ditch was so close
Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
N. Shore Lake Huron,Northern Ontario Canada
Ownership

1. 500
I disconnected one side before a long bush run the other day; what a positive difference. Yesterday I did a wide open run on flat but curvy roads, both gravel and pavement and did not notice excessive roll. Today I disconnected the other side and removed the bar totally.
I should have done it a year ago, however, I'm glad that it was hooked up when my idiot step-son barrel-rolled it last month or I would have been totally to blame.

G

Grasshopper

Jun 20, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
I'm totally glad I removed my sway bar. I definitely had more close calls riding in technical stuff with it than without it. I honestly can't believe Honda puts them on.
I was able to work mine through and out of the drivers side without removing anything other than the sway bar itself. I have stock tires and all four were on the ground.

Reactions: 420Rancher
T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
I did a little test tonight. I set up a ramp and then backed the P5 up the ramp until the front wheel left the ground. He's how far I made it with the sway bar connected:

With one side disconnected:

As you can see, the sway bar contacts the A-arm, which makes it still act like a sway bar.

With both sides disconnected:

It did make a difference with both sides disconnected, and as you can see, the sway bar is not contacting anything with both sides disconnected.

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
I did a little test tonight. I set up a ramp and then backed the P5 up the ramp until the front wheel left the ground. He's how far I made it with the sway bar connected:

With one side disconnected:

As you can see, the sway bar contacts the A-arm, which makes it still act like a sway bar.

With both sides disconnected:

It did make a difference with both sides disconnected, and as you can see, the sway bar is not contacting anything with both sides disconnected.

Thanks for sharing.

C

Chuckie3

Sep 17, 2018
New Fairfield ct
Ownership

1. 500
Thinking about taking mine off but don’t know if it will effect when I’m plowing snow any ideas thanks

Reactions: Chooglin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!