P500 SxS vs ATV

T

teakmtn

Mar 25, 2016
Eastern Sierra
Thanks everybody for your input. Great discussion. I'm gonna hold out till the 2017s come out and hope they come with front lockers.
And yes, the first time you hunt Chucker is for fun. The next time is for revenge!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
My hunting buddy back then used to say that if you want to hunt chuckars you have to be able to run the 100 yard dash up a mountain in under 4 seconds carrying a 8 pound shotgun. All for one opportunity to shoot and then watch them glide down to the bottom of the hill where you get to do it all over again. Those suckers run six times as far as they fly.
Let me tell you a story about Chukars, it's hard to believe the story if you have hunted but this is true. Last season here in Colorado on my way to hunt a covey of them crossed the road in front of me. stopped, got out and they flushed (true) and I got 2 of them. Drove up the road a bit and another covey was to the side of the road, same thing, they flushed shot 2 had bag limit and went home and did not take many steps.

Alan

T

teakmtn

Mar 25, 2016
Eastern Sierra
Hey, Alan, Pull the other leg, it's got bells on it! LOL
OK, I'm sure it happens. Just not to me. I've had to earn each and every one of the little Bas***ds I've brought home. However, I'm hoping when I finally get a P500, I won't have to burn through so much boot leather to get after them for a few years more.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Hey, Alan, Pull the other leg, it's got bells on it! LOL
OK, I'm sure it happens. Just not to me. I've had to earn each and every one of the little Bas***ds I've brought home. However, I'm hoping when I finally get a P500, I won't have to burn through so much boot leather to get after them for a few years more.
That is why I was surprised after hunting them for 50+ years this was a first and I'm sure the last. Hunting Chukars you don't need a gym membership.

Alan

Reactions: Tflynn and teakmtn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm guessing you may have to wait for maybe 2027 to see any changes other than coloro_O.
Just look at the Rincon, that's all that ever changes on it, and people have been begging Honda for years to make several changes.
My dealer has repeatedly told me that.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 15940

Chukars are too much fun. My Sally-girl loves chukar hunting, but she's not real good at it, and neither am I.

Hard birds to hunt.

Every chukar I have killed was hard-earned. Far more calories expended than gathered, for sure.

Joe

Good lookin dog...bro

J

Johnsee

Jul 3, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Start by creating a list of pro and cons and then compare the two. I'll get you started... Maybe others can join in.

ATV pros:
1. A little cheaper
2. Maybe more maneuverable(depends on the driver)
3. Maybe the other guys can add more

SXS pros:
1. Can add a roof to keep the sun and rain off
2. Safety advantage with ROPS and seatbelt
3. Larger hauling capacity
4. Support from such a great group of P500 owners!
5. Windshield, can ride comfortably in the rain.
the rubicon does have irs,dct,locking diff,eps. locking front diff makes a difference regardless of what fanbois say!

advertisement
J

Johnsee

Jul 3, 2017
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Some say "you don't need four wheel drive if you know how to drive a two wheel drive". If you honestly believe that three wheel drive is truly equal to four wheel drive then I have nothing to offer beyond that I'm happy you are happy with your machine.
a lot of fanbois will deny physics in the hope that their p500 can fly to the moon.

Reactions: Jerkyboy
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
a lot of fanbois will deny physics in the hope that their p500 can fly to the moon.

So the Rubicon has a locker, still apples and oranges. Does it have a roll bar, roof, windshield, seat back, cup holders...? It won't fly to the moon but sure would be more comfortable trying to! Kept my quad for a while after getting the P5 so I could have the best of both worlds, quad was never being ridden so I sold it.

T

teakmtn

Mar 25, 2016
Eastern Sierra
Hey folks. It's been awhile since I chimed in here. Thanks for all the input, but I did end up buying a 2017 Rubicon deluxe. I waited till the 2017 P500 came out and since it did not have front lockers or power steering my choice was made for me. So, thank you MontanaBighorn for that wise council. I may still end up with a Pioneer but am enjoying the Rubi for now.
Cheers, Doug T.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just find a genie to slide a P500 body over that Rubi chassis! Are you listening Honda Powersports, you got the parts?

lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
I love them both, ATV And S x S

20170319 141326

Reactions: Mudwing and Delton
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven’t had any problems with the four wheel on my p5 yet, it seems to get me where I need to go. I still wish it had a locking front though. To say a two wheel drive can go everywhere and four wheel can is just crazy in my opinion, although my grandpa always said this difference between two wheel and four wheel is 40 feet lol.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!