ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The price brought me in. I needed 50" and a steering wheel, and didn't like Razr or Ace, as I'm not a "sport" rider. I'm a "get where I want to go" rider, and want to be able to carry stuff, including a passenger.

Honda could have added a locker, better tires, storage, bumpers, and who knows what else.

And it would have been a lot more money, and I probably wouldn't have bought one.

Now that I'm in, the $3-500 at a time is relatively painless. :)

And I get to add what I want.

I'm happy.

Joe

You couldn't have said it any better Joe. If they fancied up the P500 more than it is, it would be in the $10,000+ range and there are a lot of other options in the marketplace when you get there.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Go to honda show room
packed full of dressed out
pic on wall of P500...
with brochure

I'd say you're mostly correct. The first dealer I went to had 3 or 4 500's but I don't think they had a 1000 at the time. The next dealer had 1,000's, but no 500's. The dealer I bought from had 2 - 1,000's and 2 - 500's.
I'll agree with you @sthomp54 I think it's ugly As hell however I've some through here that look damn good! I'm not wanting one for the looks. If I were going to buy a mini for looks I'd buy the rzr570. I want it dependable
After I bought mine, the dealer I bought mine from put nice wheels with 26" ripsaws on the other 500 they had. I think if the dealers all did that, they would sell more. The difference nice wheels and real tires make just for the appearance of the machine is unreal. Buyers would see the potential, and buy the machine with the upgraded tires/wheels, or save money up front and have them revert it back to stock with intentions of upgrading when funds allow.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'd say you're mostly correct. The first dealer I went to had 3 or 4 500's but I don't think they had a 1000 at the time. The next dealer had 1,000's, but no 500's. The dealer I bought from had 2 - 1,000's and 2 - 500's.

After I bought mine, the dealer I bought mine from put nice wheels with 26" ripsaws on the other 500 they had. I think if the dealers all did that, they would sell more. The difference nice wheels and real tires make just for the appearance of the machine is unreal. Buyers would see the potential, and buy the machine with the upgraded tires/wheels, or save money up front and have them revert it back to stock with intentions of upgrading when funds allow.
You'd be right. In the automotive field I've always believed wheels and tint. My opinion would be wheels and tires couldn't cost Honda over 2-300 more then the ones they already have if you take out their cost. Who wouldn't pay that difference? What would that be 5bucks a month? But many out there do prefer the steelies and they do have many advantages. But I remember what nice wheels did for my 700 it's night and day for me. I've replaced steels with every rig I've had except for our current quad because others ride it and it's to easy to hammer problems back out of steel

Reactions: ehart814
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
My dealer has never had a
1000-5 on the floor. They are always presold
Talking big cities...
El paso Tx
Alamagordo NM
Albuquerque NM
....Those 3 I have witnessed
wat I said.. seen it
plus alot of other name brands
are adding roofs & wheels to
enhance sales

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm in Spokane WA it's a fairly large city but people here think it's way bigger then it is.It's not like Seattle. I've seen a lot of the 700-2 but only seen a couple 500's sitting and even a few 1000-3 but never a 1000-5. But none of our dealers are"priority " dealers They dress up popo and Can am n the showrooms but I've never seen a Honda Yamaha or kawi done. Their main goal is to sell those two at least here

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I seen one ...with all the bells & whistle
in a magazine. ..so I knew wat it could
transform into....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm in Spokane WA it's a fairly large city but people here think it's way bigger then it is.It's not like Seattle. I've seen a lot of the 700-2 but only seen a couple 500's sitting and even a few 1000-3 but never a 1000-5. But none of our dealers are"priority " dealers
Kool....
Dealer's wanna sell you a $16,999
Not a $8,400

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Absolutely. Especially if they can make a fortune on it later

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I seen one ...with all the bells & whistle
in a magazine. ..so I knew wat it could
transform into....
Out of everything I've ever seen a 500 transforms the most. You can make them look super aggressive pretty quickly. Dammit I want one and hoping used but I've never seen one within a couple hundred miles from me used. Ever! I tend to think farmers and hunters mainly around here are the only ones with them and won't part with it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Out of everything I've ever seen a 500 transforms the most. You can make them look super aggressive pretty quickly. Dammit I want one and hoping used but I've never seen one within a couple hundred miles from me used. Ever! I tend to think farmers and hunters mainly around here are the only ones with them and won't part with it
Better call your dealer and get you one on its way! :)

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The Honda dealer closest to me has had a camo one forever. They're just not working with the OTD price much.
I've seen two used ones, both on the same lot. A yellow one that was pretty clean and a green one with a plow that looked pretty rough. Asked the price of the green one, $8400. Yes it had a plow, small one though and a HF winch. No roof and a pretty crappy wood bed on it. Must have kept it out in the weather, which isn't good in Michigan. Rust setting in already. Poor po po.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Seen a few yeller ones
for sale...one was on here

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What kind of pricing?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm familiar with that area! I grew up there! I'm really wanting to buy used and save just a little hopefully with accessories. I'm not at all against heading to the coast to pick one up but I'm hoping to get some goodies already on one as I've done so much with pioneer my bike and the pickup in 6mts that my better half might cause me to use a bunch of Aflac. She said not till we got rid of the quad but I don't want to be without that second vehicle so if I could find a "good deal" I can't pass up then:)

Reactions: Montecresto
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Cumminspusher, I bought mine here. I paid 8500 OTD for a new 2015. Looks like they have another 2015
I-90 Motorsports
That's a pretty good price I feel ill pay close to that used with stuff. I do think my dealer would do great for me if I could catch one sitting for over a day lol. Hey @Kirkl where are you located?

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This being the case, choose a machine with a real, selectable front locker or be prepared to pull a winch cable all day. It doesn't matter the brand or type, in steep rocks if you don't have a front locker you'll spend more time pulling a winch cable than riding. Been there and got the t-shirt.

Here's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

I aint buying that. Only pulled out once, ONCE!!.
the p500 will go anywhere. You get stuck , you dont know how to drive the thing. Nuff said

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!