Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Mine will be the first to address the clutch related service bulletin! They will also be replacing clutches during this visit! Have to say, I feel a little nervous...almost like bringing your child to the hospital for surgery and then leaving! Have to have trust, I guess! Pure Honda has never treated me wrong, so it makes me feel a little better!

They are going to try and get it done today so will be in Minot for the day! :):(:eek::oops:;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Mine will be the first to address the clutch related service bulletin! They will also be replacing clutches during this visit! Have to say, I feel a little nervous...almost like bringing your child to the hospital for surgery and then leaving! Have to have trust, I guess! Pure Honda has never treated me wrong, so it makes me feel a little better!

They are going to try and get it done today so will be in Minot for the day! :):(:eek::oops:;)
Well you run hard enough to pay attention to the feel so I'm very interested in your impression of the update. Good luck brother I can't wait to ride with you again

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well just got a call that they are not going to be able to finish her today:(

They didn't want to rush and I was in agreement! So they said they will also install the comfort kit while they have it and will not leave it outside! I remember @CumminsPusher 's story about loosing his lights outside a dealership! :mad:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well just got a call that they are not going to be able to finish her today:(

They didn't want to rush and I was in agreement! So they said they will also install the comfort kit while they have it and will not leave it outside! I remember @CumminsPusher 's story about loosing his lights outside a dealership! :mad:
Good call!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Decided to inspect my switch due to power issues and discovered this...
View attachment 54374 View attachment 54375 View attachment 54376 View attachment 54377 View attachment 54378
The plastic where screws attach was busted causing a poor connection! Not sure how it happened, but called Blue Sea Systems and they took my information and it shipped today!

Although it wasn't required I sent these pictures to support my claim! Great customer service! The gentlman I spoke with went out of his way to nice! With service and product support like this it easy to recommend their products!

Noticed additional plastic posts could use to get it back together for now
Mary's Ridge curses can be slow sometimes to work.;)

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Hondasxs @HondaTech
Do you guys know if there are special tools required to perform the clutch service described in the bulletino_O

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Rigs looking Sharp buddy. Interested to see your opinion of the clutch fix after it's done.
Thanks! ;) Be sure to give everyone a thorough review initially & as I go! Mileage 2822 with slipping clutches so for me it has been failure every 1500 miles! :eek:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Received word today that the BEAST is done! They replaced one clutch pack, stating the other was fine, installed heat fix, partially at least, stating my fix may be superior and agreed to give me what was not installed, and performed the service in line with clutch cover! They said they have tested and it feels solid:) Well I am considering driving it the 120 miles home as I did on its maiden voyage when it was new. It will be 3-4 hrs of testing riding ditches and some highway & should give me a good feel for any change in performance.

advertisement
J

JTW

Received word today that the BEAST is done! They replaced one clutch pack, stating the other was fine, installed heat fix, partially at least, stating my fix may be superior and agreed to give me what was not installed, and performed the service in line with clutch cover! They said they have tested and it feels solid:) Well I am considering driving it the 120 miles home as I did on its maiden voyage when it was new. It will be 3-4 hrs of testing riding ditches and some highway & should give me a good feel for any change in performance.
Do it!!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
o_OHmmmmm...spend a large portion of my day letting The BEAST run o_O OK you talked me into it:);) Will GoPro the journey as documentation just in case something goes wrong:eek: You know...kind of like a patient who goes under the knife and gets stitched up with gauze still inside:eek::confused:

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
o_OHmmmmm...spend a large portion of my day letting The BEAST run o_O OK you talked me into it:);) Will GoPro the journey as documentation just in case something goes wrong:eek: You know...kind of like a patient who goes under the knife and gets stitched up with gauze still inside:eek::confused:
What highway do you run from Minot that is legal for sxs? I noticed a badass trail that follows the ditch for 30 miles or so on hwy 52 heading toward Jamestown

Reactions: knuckledeep
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
What highway do you run from Minot that is legal for sxs? I noticed a badass trail that follows the ditch for 30 miles or so on hwy 52 heading toward Jamestown
o_OLegal...What does legality have to do with it;) But I will head East on Hwy #2 for about 50 miles to Towner and head North from there! Haven’t ran that trail on Hwy 52! I live near the Canadian border, aye you hoser:confused:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This video may help...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
:) Can't wait to hear bout it ay!

moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
o_OLegal...What does legality have to do with it;) But I will head East on Hwy #2 for about 50 miles to Towner and head North from there! Haven’t ran that trail on Hwy 52! I live near the Canadian border, aye you hoser:confused:
Check it out next time you’re nearby. It runs ditches, but has some crazy uphill runs and zig zags. Looks like a lot of fun. Are there any good trail systems in ND?

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Check it out next time you’re nearby. It runs ditches, but has some crazy uphill runs and zig zags. Looks like a lot of fun. Are there any good trail systems in ND?
Can’t speak for the state, but we do have quite a few trails locally, but nothing as extensive as RRB

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!