Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well, I finally got around to replacing the 12" MTX Subs with the Kicker 10"

The reason I waited so long was that I modified the 12" box by installing my Kicker 6x9's and didn't want to come up with something different! But the curiousity became to much for me to handle!

This is what I came up with...
IMG 1057 IMG 1056

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Also needed to add a little support for the amps! Had this lying around, probably 10 years old, but made the difference! Will probably need to replace it but it will be good enough for the weekend ride!

IMG 1059
Moved the PXA500.1 amp to the front with the others!
IMG 1063

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Almost forgot to mention...my design needed to allow rear passengers as well! So came up with this idea...
IMG 1051
When riding with the speakers in this position I will add a ratchet strap to better secure and prevent excessive movement.
IMG 1053
Seats....check!
IMG 1054
Access storage...check! Also notice screws used to secure speakers! Will replace with bolts and washers with locknuts in the future!
IMG 1055

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Dayum bud that thing is gonna jam!!! Next time we are at same event, I'm bringing some of my disco cd's.
It is ridiculous!!! But, I don't have a CD Player so we will need to bring one and jack in, or download the songs and Bluetooth in! What is your favorite disco song?o_O

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is ridiculous!!! But, I don't have a CD Player so we will need to bring one and jack in, or download the songs and Bluetooth in! What is your favorite disco song?o_O
Wow dude tough call. Pretty much anything from KC n Sunshine band, BeeGees, etc. If I just had to pick one..... Love Rollercoaster I guess.

Reactions: Eltobgi and sharp
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Is that a lightning cap?
Yes, an old cap, but yes it is! Too much pulling from the fuse box so ran this between 2 amps. I believe it is 1 farad! But it was missing all stickers so really not sure! Had to turn all amps down, but it sounds nice! Better bass than the 12's! I think I'm done for now:)

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, an old cap, but yes it is! Too much pulling from the fuse box so ran this between 2 amps. I believe it is 1 farad! But it was missing all stickers so really not sure! Had to turn all amps down, but it sounds nice! Better bass than the 12's! I think I'm done for now:)

BA! I'm not pushing enough power in the Pioneer to warrant one but have one in my truck, it helps. I was dimming my headlights and dash lights before on hard bass notes. I've always preferred the hit of tens in car audio. I bet it cranks? Should be clear too with the 6 x 9's handling the mid bass?

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
BA! I'm not pushing enough power in the Pioneer to warrant one but have one in my truck, it helps. I was dimming my headlights and dash lights before on hard bass notes. I've always preferred the hit of tens in car audio. I bet it cranks? Should be clear too with the 6 x 9's handling the mid bass?
It was pulling so much power before the cap the stereo was shutting off due to insufficient power! But she thumps now while holding 13 volts:cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It was pulling so much power before the cap the stereo was shutting off due to insufficient power! But she thumps now while holding 13 volts:cool:
That's a good deal! I had same problem and got sick of seeing the lights flicker. Good to have in any stereo.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That's a good deal! I had same problem and got sick of seeing the lights flicker. Good to have in any stereo.
Going to put it through a real test this weekend if it doesn't hold up I saw some at Walmart for $30. The lights on the cap were turning off including volt display. Not sure if it was normal because I honestly can't remember last time it was hooked up.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Decided to inspect my switch due to power issues and discovered this...
IMG 1154 IMG 1157 IMG 1158 IMG 1161 IMG 1162
The plastic where screws attach was busted causing a poor connection! Not sure how it happened, but called Blue Sea Systems and they took my information and it shipped today!

Although it wasn't required I sent these pictures to support my claim! Great customer service! The gentlman I spoke with went out of his way to nice! With service and product support like this it easy to recommend their products!

Noticed additional plastic posts could use to get it back together for now

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Decided to inspect my switch due to power issues and discovered this...
View attachment 54374 View attachment 54375 View attachment 54376 View attachment 54377 View attachment 54378
The plastic where screws attach was busted causing a poor connection! Not sure how it happened, but called Blue Sea Systems and they took my information and it shipped today!

Although it wasn't required I sent these pictures to support my claim! Great customer service! The gentlman I spoke with went out of his way to nice! With service and product support like this it easy to recommend their products!

Noticed additional plastic posts could use to get it back together for now
That's awesome they did that. Anytime a company will back their stuff regardless is well worth taking a note for others, it means they want your business and a positive experience to the consumer.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!