GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well that’s just it...I didn’t pay! Everything was free! That’s why I said I didn’t know how to feel about the whole thing!

There was a discussion about a charge because of my lighting in the rear floor panel, but after some discussion he agreed that there would be no charge! At that point the Beast had already been done so can’t assume it was done out of spitefulness!

But a guy shouldn’t have to spend a day going through their machine to make sure it’s done right!

Good news is that the transmission seems fine to this point! But will run her tomorrow to make sure!
Well its better that you didnt have to pay...but still. I did buisness with the same dealer for 15 years. Never had a problem...until..i bought my sxs. Its a lomg story but they did my first servic and supposses to adjust 4x4 linkage. Took 3 weeks to get this done. They had the fromt and rear diff out and finally replaced the dash cluster. Left s*** loose fastemers out...all the wiring under hood crammed under the fuse panel an shoved down. I still run across somethin they screwed up from time to time. So i hold a bit of a grudge towards dealers. Mine was warranty as well but it took three tries for them to get it half asses right...not acceptable by any standard. Sorry for the novel...it just really pisses me off!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well its better that you didnt have to pay...but still. I did buisness with the same dealer for 15 years. Never had a problem...until..i bought my sxs. Its a lomg story but they did my first servic and supposses to adjust 4x4 linkage. Took 3 weeks to get this done. They had the fromt and rear diff out and finally replaced the dash cluster. Left s*** loose fastemers out...all the wiring under hood crammed under the fuse panel an shoved down. I still run across somethin they screwed up from time to time. So i hold a bit of a grudge towards dealers. Mine was warranty as well but it took three tries for them to get it half asses right...not acceptable by any standard. Sorry for the novel...it just really pisses me off!
I feel your pain Brother! I was a little troubled before bed last night thinking about it but feel better now! Really don’t mind the cosmetic stuff that much but I am just hoping that this was not an indication of the rest of the work!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hard ASS!

knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Haha..no i just expect things to be done right. Not many take pride in their work any more..show up for a check and nothing more

I agree most do just show up for a check and dont take pride but from there point of veiw if your getting paid verry little why take pride in it maybe they feel if they mess it up you will bring it back and they can get paid again. I dont know i dont think its right and deff not how i do my work. Work ethic is a big part of it and society today is ok with half assed work that is the problem that makes it hard for good techs to make a living

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you did a great job documenting what they did not do - given any previous history of the same thing the manager might not know that it left in this way - I would still make him aware and see how they respond.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I think you did a great job documenting what they did not do - given any previous history of the same thing the manager might not know that it left in this way - I would still make him aware and see how they respond.
I definitely plan on it, most likely tomorrow! Like I said don’t mind the cosmetic stuff, but being low on oil...and over 2 quarts:eek: didn’t make me happy!

Reactions: sharp
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did it look like they dropped oil from the pan or just opened up the case and wiped her down? Just shy of two qrts is what falls from the case when cracked. Brother I'd be pissed! Bulls*** "professionals" I'd be talking to!!

Reactions: sharp and Neohio
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Did it look like they dropped oil from the pan or just opened up the case and wiped her down? Just shy of two qrts is what falls from the case when cracked. Brother I'd be pissed! Bulls*** "professionals" I'd be talking to!!
Really no sign the oil had been drained! If I was a betting man I would say they just opened her up and let her bleed! But from the engine fill area looked like they added oil sloppily! Will call tomorrow!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Really no sign the oil had been drained! If I was a betting man I would say they just opened her up and let her bleed! But from the engine fill area looked like they added oil sloppily! Will call tomorrow!
I'd like to hear that call:)

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
9AF5913C 40C6 4E79 99B6 BE5EB2964B42
Here is the photo again. What do you guys think was oil added or possibly just from oily hands or rags being set thereo_O

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 55963
Here is the photo again. What do you guys think was oil added or possibly just from oily hands or rags being set thereo_O
Well for one you'd think being a shop they'd clean it and the area surrounding before unscrewing it to add...
that new cover looks good all nestled in there

Reactions: sharp and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well for one you'd think being a shop they'd clean it and the area surrounding before unscrewing it to add...
that new cover looks good all nestled in there
I may have hit some tall grass, flowers and dirt which would have stuck to any oil spilled, but I was thinking...was it from adding oil or dirty hands because it didn’t look like that when i brought it in:eek:

O

Orangegsx

Oct 18, 2017
Nd
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm sorry you aren't completely satisfied my friend. I take great pride in my work so I feel I had to make some sort of reply. Your cabin comfort kit was installed according to the bulletin. All the fasteners I removed were replaced. There was a few that were missing when it arrived. I could have put a few in different spots than they came in but none were left out. I absolutely drained your oil and changed your filters. The whole tank must be removed when we replace the clutch and clean everything. I added ~6 qts of oil in your unit, ran it long enough to warm it up and initialize the clutch, then checked the oil again. Make sure it is nice and warm when you check it. I have no problem fixing anything you have an issue with!

IMG 3073

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm sorry you aren't completely satisfied my friend. I take great pride in my work so I feel I had to make some sort of reply. Your cabin comfort kit was installed according to the bulletin. All the fasteners I removed were replaced. There was a few that were missing when it arrived. I could have put a few in different spots than they came in but none were left out. I absolutely drained your oil and changed your filters. The whole tank must be removed when we replace the clutch and clean everything. I added ~6 qts of oil in your unit, ran it long enough to warm it up and initialize the clutch, then checked the oil again. Make sure it is nice and warm when you check it. I have no problem fixing anything you have an issue with!

View attachment 56496
@Orangegsx thank you for your responses concerning the issues I found after my inspection! I will say I did not inspect the Beast prior to bringing it in so as you say plastic push pins may have very well been missing! I further acknowledge the instructions clearly state to not fasten the two plastic pins with the rest of the material on the cabin comfort kit which was only half installed because of the insulation I had already applied to the rear of the plasticso for that I apologize!

For the record, I did check the oil according to the instructions as is found in the owners manual, and I can assure you it was in fact 2 quarts low.:eek: As you can see I did replace both filters as I was unsure!

I would also like to say that I did not call and complain against any findings even though as you would surely agree 2 quarts is concerning! Needless to say I am very happy for the bent tie rod.:)

I considered calling, but decided against because that’s not who I am!

Like I said I don’t mind the small cosmetic stuff...like the seatbelts being reattached in the wrong position! If I had a dollar for every time I did something similar the Beast would be paid off;)

Also I really appreciate your offer to address any complaints or issues I may have! I really don’t have anything that needs attention, which I haven’t addressed that would require bringing it back!

I will say in defense of the service performed that at this point I have no lights or issues with the clutch fix (as is the case for some) :)...and also the half of the comfort kit installed makes a huge difference!

But there is one thing I would like, and that is if you could provide me with a copy of the service record for my personal records that supports all billable parts and time for the work, which would most likely be submitted for payment to Honda! If this is something you could do for me I would be happy to stop in on Friday!

Reactions: sharp
O

Orangegsx

Oct 18, 2017
Nd
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@Orangegsx
But there is one thing I would like, and that is if you could provide me with a copy of the service record for my personal records that supports all billable parts and time for the work, which would most likely be submitted for payment to Honda! If this is something you could do for me I would be happy to stop in on Friday!

Absolutely, just ask one of our writers when you come in.

By the way I would have gotten your lights stuck up under the rear floor panel but we were out of 3m double stick tape.

This was our first clutch update we have done. I took way too long to do it because I was not familiar with the procedure and I wanted to make sure everything was correct. The filter covers are oriented differently because the oil tank was on the bench when I replaced the filters. That shouldn't make any difference in performance. I wasn't aware I was doing the comfort update until after I was done with the clutch and apologize about the seat belts. The oil issue I am confused about because I'm sure I checked it, but I'll take your word on it.

Nothing wrong with calling to discuss issues, don't feel like you are complaining. The only way I would ever know if I did something wrong is with your feedback.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

By the way I would have gotten your lights stuck up under the rear floor panel but we were out of 3m double stick tape.

This was our first clutch update we have done. I took way too long to do it because I was not familiar with the procedure and I wanted to make sure everything was correct. The filter covers are oriented differently because the oil tank was on the bench when I replaced the filters. That shouldn't make any difference in performance. I wasn't aware I was doing the comfort update until after I was done with the clutch and apologize about the seat belts. The oil issue I am confused about because I'm sure I checked it, but I'll take your word on it.

Nothing wrong with calling to discuss issues, don't feel like you are complaining. The only way I would ever know if I did something wrong is with your feedback.

Like I said in the post wasn’t a problem about the lights! I actually tore some out prior to bringing it to you to get them out of the way! As far as the little stuff, I’m not sweating it! If I do have any issues I will be sure to let you know! Thanks!

Reactions: sharp and Smitty335
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Way to step up and own that sh**, cahones! :cool:

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!