P1000 The Grinch!

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
F550e48c74fc96055b2dcfedc40c3be4201710c98fe19518760520d38d1b608489cc96c74363f0151f93850103dda601
I still have lots of wine to do but it's progressing the radiator fan and light bar should be in today then I will have all the components to finish it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eltobgi
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two 6 gauge wires will go the a relay operated by key on. Then I will have 4 slots available with key on power and 2 with 24 hr power. Any thoughts on what needs to be key on items vs 24 items?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
J

Jshell3

The two 6 gauge wires will go the a relay operated by key on. Then I will have 4 slots available with key on power and 2 with 24 hr power. Any thoughts on what needs to be key on items vs 24 items?

I did 2 (24hr power) and 4 key-on.

I put a winch rocker on 24 and my bilge seat heat blower on 24.

So far on Key-on, interior lights and radio.

Reactions: truc577
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I went key or separate switch on so the hour meter doesn't sit running. Key controls everything /switch only isn't running bass amp,2 big light bars or cooling fan. Flashers, horn and interior lights off of door open are continuous for safety

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just have a switch that lets me choose
Key/off/on for all of my accessories. Except reverse light that is only when shifter is in reverse and the PDM60 is triggered on.

Reactions: utvmi and Jshell3
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just have a switch that lets me choose
Key/off/on for all of my accessories. Except reverse light that is only when shifter is in reverse and the PDM60 is triggered on.
This is the route I will go. After 2 hours of pondering

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
Cecilspears89

Cecilspears89

Jun 3, 2017
Saint augustine, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes, So I bought a New old stock 2016 because I can be frugal. With that said, Grinch was delivered to the dealership in August 2016. Like most every mid size dear, they drove it out every day and put it up every night since then. The short trips didn't allow the engine to get warmed up and burn out the fuel residue and it built up on the spark plugs causing them to corrode and weaken. It is what I assumed (hoped) in the first place just based on my mechanical abilities. As a precaution Honda also had them drain and replace the fuel and I made them change the oil.
I also bought anleft over 2016 about a month ago. A couple rides ago I noticed it would rough idle for a bit here and there. (Though it was water in the gas) after I drained the tank, pulled injectors and cleaned them and didn't see any trash or water I got worried. Then I left the bike parked for about a week and when I went to crank it up it was idling rough. It will rev up fine in park but when I put it in gear I have to hold gas and brake then it Boggs really bad and has no power. (Almost like a cylinder is down)pulled the plugs out and they were black and stunk like fuel. Does this sound like the same issue you had?

Reactions: Eltobgi
truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also bought anleft over 2016 about a month ago. A couple rides ago I noticed it would rough idle for a bit here and there. (Though it was water in the gas) after I drained the tank, pulled injectors and cleaned them and didn't see any trash or water I got worried. Then I left the bike parked for about a week and when I went to crank it up it was idling rough. It will rev up fine in park but when I put it in gear I have to hold gas and brake then it Boggs really bad and has no power. (Almost like a cylinder is down)pulled the plugs out and they were black and stunk like fuel. Does this sound like the same issue you had?
Exact same issue

Reactions: pct and Eltobgi

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!