BOX1

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Right now it’s just taking the wreck out. Btw I did weld braces in for the front control arms. I’ve never had slop in there but don’t want any. That sounds like preventative maintenance. Other then that and tires this weekend has been all about replacing bent crap.
I wish it was the cool stuff but Clutch is becoming her own.
Clutch will have cool stuff! You cannot help yourself, lol! You know they say the third time is a charm:cool:

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Clutch will have cool stuff! You cannot help yourself, lol! You know they say the third time is a charm:cool:
I’m a believer in that! Right now she’s way more solid then the day she first hit the trails. Gotta get new roof and windshield installed but then come a few goods. Can’t wait for whips again, they are sitting there chillin. Got a full big garbage can of lights to chose from. Literally lol. I think P.J. Had somewhere around 120 separate light fixtures including rock lights. This won’t be that significant.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I’m a believer in that! Right now she’s way more solid then the day she first hit the trails. Gotta get new roof and windshield installed but then come a few goods. Can’t wait for whips again, they are sitting there chillin. Got a full big garbage can of lights to chose from. Literally lol. I think P.J. Had somewhere around 120 separate light fixtures including rock lights. This won’t be that significant.
I don’t know! I recall someone saying you can never have enough light;)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Last of the damage is being handled. The factory windshield frame I cut down held up great but not the windshield. A new tinted windshield is being cut for 117 and free install which I gladly accepted this time.
Also one of wipers broke so eBayed one last item for the repair. It also broke two of the windshield clamps but have a few from the old roof.
DCD59EE5 3BC4 44C5 8444 B4B6B8A388D1

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We got the new roof on:) Absolutely cool because the last one was three years and Pioneers old. We are very hard on a roof panel and it was beat to s*** but overall very happy with how it held up. Wouldn’t consider anything else.
Clutch finally looks new up top and all holes from accessories from previous Pioneers is now erased.
6EE97026 D43B 454C A5E7 DF051398D4FC

Lowered the roof panel to basically sit on the ROPS by bending factory mounts and taking out a couple. The very center front is Pulled down on the mounts to evacuate water even better. 1/2in foam was used all the way around the sides and in certain sections across the top so there is no vibrations or rattles. Will be adding extra factory clamp in center of middle and rear cross bars at top for rigidly.
32C1987F D9FA 49A9 B87E 6899BDC710E0

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We got the new roof on:) Absolutely cool because the last one was three years and Pioneers old. We are very hard on a roof panel and it was beat to s*** but overall very happy with how it held up. Wouldn’t consider anything else.
Clutch finally looks new up top and all holes from accessories from previous Pioneers is now erased.
View attachment 93083
Lowered the roof panel to basically sit on the ROPS by bending factory mounts and taking out a couple. The very center front is Pulled down on the mounts to evacuate water even better. 1/2in foam was used all the way around the sides and in certainly sections across the top so there is no vibrations or rattles. Will be adding extra factory clamp in center of middle and rear cross bars at top for rigidly.
View attachment 93082
And you have a new sled to drag behind the Honda

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
View attachment 93083
Lowered the roof panel to basically sit on the ROPS by bending factory mounts and taking out a couple. The very center front is Pulled down on the mounts to evacuate water even better. 1/2in foam was used all the way around the sides and in certain sections across the top so there is no vibrations or rattles. Will be adding extra factory clamp in center of middle and rear cross bars at top for rigidly.
View attachment 93082
Pics of the foam used for rattle control please.

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Pics of the foam used for rattle control please.
041C78F9 81AE 4F4B 88B9 67DF17088787

D22310F2 2D28 4CEA BA3D 109662859DF5

Just sticky insulating foam nothing special. Our first Pioneer we spent a ton of time making it quiet and PJ wasn’t bad but I f you remember how bad this one was obviously didn’t do anything and the last couple times out with the roof all f***ed up it was horrendous! I want this one silent and with everything we do to it now that’s in mind.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So what’s the plan moving forwardo_O besides installing the cab, windshield, and skids?
Stereo equipment and lighting is top priority. We haven’t had either in this ride and you know me lol.
Lights lights lights. f*** I’m so sick of nighttime with only the stupid led headlights!! I don’t know how people do that?!?
It was about getting back out this year not working on the machine so I’ve got some catchup but knowing we finally have a solid machine has given us some push!

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Stereo equipment and lighting is top priority. We haven’t had either in this ride and you know me lol.
Lights lights lights. f*** I’m so sick of nighttime with only the stupid led headlights!! I don’t know how people do that?!?
It was about getting back out this year not working on the machine so I’ve got some catchup but knowing we finally have a solid machine has given us some push!

And without pictures...…… I guess we are left to use our imaginations.

Any idea what @JTW might be imagining?????

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
68CDBBE9 7C26 40DD B906 C221D0726237

Found this. Controls multiple cameras, full control from iPhone/pad, full menu and album listing from from Apple and thumb drive,4 zone control and ability to control rgb lights and aux led lighting directly through the unit. Also adjustable preamp voltage, multi programmable zone settings and full adj equalizer. Pretty sweet deck but it’s good size.
Still not sure what we’re going to do for stereo but one thing is clear, we still want an actual head unit not just Bluetooth directly. Want to be able to control multiple amps, zones and bass separately and have album/song display on dash. Volume knob is greatly appreciated too.
Pretty serious on updating the system, at this point just looking and figuring out availabile space.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!