P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 93338
Found this. Controls multiple cameras, full control from iPhone/pad, full menu and album listing from from Apple and thumb drive,4 zone control and ability to control rgb lights and aux led lighting directly through the unit. Also adjustable preamp voltage, multi programmable zone settings and full adj equalizer. Pretty sweet deck but it’s good size.
Still not sure what we’re going to do for stereo but one thing is clear, we still want an actual head unit not just Bluetooth directly. Want to be able multiple amps, zones and bass separately and have album/song display on dash. Volume knob is greatly appreciated too.
Pretty serious on updating the system, at this point just looking and figuring out availabile space.

Redesigning a complete sound system sounds exciting especially with the features and controls you are describing! :)

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 93338
Found this. Controls multiple cameras, full control from iPhone/pad, full menu and album listing from from Apple and thumb drive,4 zone control and ability to control rgb lights and aux led lighting directly through the unit. Also adjustable preamp voltage, multi programmable zone settings and full adj equalizer. Pretty sweet deck but it’s good size.
Still not sure what we’re going to do for stereo but one thing is clear, we still want an actual head unit not just Bluetooth directly. Want to be able multiple amps, zones and bass separately and have album/song display on dash. Volume knob is greatly appreciated too.
Pretty serious on updating the system, at this point just looking and figuring out availabile space.
Does it record camera views

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 93338

How will this sound when it's upside down?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does it record camera views

Looks like it’ll do multiple camera views is all. Didn’t see anything on recording but it’ll do powered on separate controls. The controller is out in a few weeks and the head unit still waiting to see release date but looks like soon

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like it’ll do multiple camera views is all. Didn’t see anything on recording but it’ll do powered on separate controls. The controller is out in a few weeks and the head unit still waiting to see release date but looks like soon
Looks like a good unit if I wasn't done with my radio I probably would have done something like that I left the safety lable spot open also cuz I'd like to put GPS maybe something with some cameras right there

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Redesigning a complete sound system sounds exciting especially with the features and controls you are describing! :)
I’m happy with the Fosgate amps and the speakers themselves, they are staying. Researching the s*** out of head units, and Infinity has been my favorite, my only real issue with ours is it goes directly to tuner when key comes back on. Pisses me off to select Bluetooth or usb each time, seem to be the only Infinity that does that. Also trying to find a smaller unit and make way for a large Nav. That’s why the rant about no combo unit, I don’t understand!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looks like a good unit if I wasn't done with my radio I probably would have done something like that I left the safety lable spot open also cuz I'd like to put GPS maybe something with some cameras right there

That’s my plan. Deck will move up to the cubby. Everything in that cubby winds up on the floor anyways. IPad mini will fit there with waterproof case if the upper lip is cut out for it to slide under. So far that’s the plan.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s my plan. Deck will move up to the cubby. Everything in that cubby winds up on the floor anyways. IPad mini will fit there with waterproof case if the upper lip is cut out for it to slide under. So far that’s the plan.

I would love to do something like this but I'm not a body man

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

I would love to do something like this but I'm not a body man

If I go that route I’ll try to do something as factory as possible. It does fit now if it slides into the upper lip of the dash

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Take a picture tonight when you get home with the iPad Mini in place

Your forcing me to cut through that upper lip early? Lol. Gotta figure out new deck placement prior, the old Infinity sits there now.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Want to give appreciation to @ohanacreek for information and suggestions on sat phone! We plan on going where we’ve never gone this winter and going deep so this could become a life saver,thank you. Plus need to stay in touch with our HFAWHA friends lol. It’s ordered!
49F3C5A4 F01E 40BC 8DD1 8579BFE70939

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Alright so made a few calls and found that the Infinity defaults to am/fm upon engine startup like our current one. Can’t handle that s***. Also as far as controlling aftermarket led lighting it’s more made for music dance with rgb is about it. It’ll run just a few small others so not interested.
Been looking at the jl audio for a week as top contender and that’s what’s coming! Multi zone control and full functions/charge from Apple equipment. Gotta build a spot for it but head unit on the way. Weird getting away from Infinity as we have 3 currently with never an issue and always in the weather but moving on.
1EE8D1BC 2AF2 4433 963F 5AC8C6956804

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Take a picture tonight when you get home with the iPad Mini in place

Ok so I’m a go on this project. Will be using the Mini to run Magellan TRX mapping as well as a few other things. We will add service so can be in contact at any time theres service and the rest can use the sat phone.
A1228251 DF26 41EA AF2B 47EB785EDAC3

Also we used the Pioneer battery iso for the Van build so got new one coming. They are built locally so that’ll be fast. Hopefully start getting things together the following weekend.
9D0E269A AF45 4C88 A5A0 D1A372D47335

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Ok so I’m a go on this project. Will be using the Mini to run Magellan TRX mapping as well as a few other things. We will add service so can be in contact at any time theres service and the rest can use the sat phone.
View attachment 93416

Also we used the Pioneer battery iso for the Van build so got new one coming. They are built locally so that’ll be fast. Hopefully start getting things together the following weekend.
View attachment 93417

Are you sure you want to give up the excitement of getting lost in the early morning hours. Remember it’s half the adventure!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are you sure you want to give up the excitement of getting lost in the early morning hours. Remember it’s half the adventure!
Ya it’s fun to get lost most of the time! Will try to keep that adventure going. What’s got me sketched out is we will be out this winter with tracks and be deeper then ever before. Mother Nature here in the mountains can change instantly, can dump several feet in a few hours up there, getting lost in a blizzard in Idaho isn’t exactly like getting lost at RRB lol.
Going to be prepared this year. Bring enough where we can hunker down for a couple days if needed. Good mapping and satellite could be crucial. The family rides with me and I’m not going to subject them to what happened to Ang and I last year. Luckily we weren’t lost otherwise we wouldn’t have made it out.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Ya it’s fun to get lost most of the time! Will try to keep that adventure going. What’s got me sketched out is we will be out this winter with tracks and be deeper then ever before. Mother Nature here in the mountains can change instantly, can dump several feet in a few hours up there, getting lost in a blizzard in Idaho isn’t exactly like getting lost at RRB lol.
Going to be prepared this year. Bring enough where we can hunker down for a couple days if needed. Good mapping and satellite could be crucial. The family rides with me and I’m not going to subject them to what happened to Ang and I went through last year. Luckily we weren’t lost otherwise we wouldn’t have made it out.
Well if you weren’t drunk all the time...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!