BOX1

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love the Pioneer! Talon coming and he’s already totaled it. We’ll see lol. Ain’t exactly dirt roads. Polaris has been a joke so let’s see. Clutch is ready for a real challenge
6587A5CB C82C 4DFA 8C9F 9233657BC3B7

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well first issue with the sound system in the new machine. Right side speakers quit working awhile back and dug into it last night. Turned out the one plug was a little loose and allowed mud into it. Sprayed it with electrical spray and smeared some grease around the plug. Then did the same to all the plugs. It’s held up well, been under water multiple times. The Fosgates holding in there!
C65D810E 65E8 4A7B AEE4 82F2319BE6B3

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Love your "garage" set up!

Specially like the "lift!"
Didn't realize just how advanced you guys were there in the North West.

Just read this. Man you bust my balls lol!
Ya at home I’m not the race shop with tools already laid out around the hydraulic lift working on a perfectly clean rig kinda guy. Wish I were sometimes.
Don’t have much time during the week and I ain’t staying home to work on crap when there’s riding and camping to be done.
I’ll bring the tools welder or spray gun sometimes, get er done. Learned to get by with bare minimums. Rather work in the woods next to the campfire anyways, guess that’ll never change. If someone who’s hard on things had to always work in the shop they’d be there a lot. Learned that on my family’s dirt bikes way back.
Will be installing shocks, vent lines and snorkel this weekend for my friend. Told him to bring everything out and we’ll get it done. Makes you haul ass when other machines fire up lol

Last edited:
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just read this. Man you bust my balls lol!
Ya at home I’m not the race shop with tools already laid out around the hydraulic lift working on a perfectly clean rig kinda guy. Wish I were sometimes.
Don’t have much time during the week and I ain’t staying home to work on crap when there’s riding and camping to be done.
I’ll bring the tools welder or spray gun sometimes, get er done. Learned to get by with bare minimums. Rather work in the woods next to the campfire anyways, guess that’ll never change. If someone who’s hard on things had to always work in the shop they’d be there a lot. Learned that on my family’s dirt bikes way back.
Will be installing shocks, vent lines and snorkel this weekend for my friend. Told him to bring everything out and we’ll get it done. Makes you haul ass when other machines fire up lol

Speaking from "in the field" fix it up experience..... don't forget to tighten the lug nuts.

My buddy that I was hunting with in Idaho last fall, picked up a set of wheels and tires for the Foreman that I was to ride since the ones that were on it wouldn't hold air for a whole day. He was putting them on while I was getting everything else out of the trucks. As I finished loading our gear, we could see a truck heading our way. He told me to hop on and follow him. Everything was going great... first gear, second gear, third gear, fourth gear, a little bit dusty following his taillight down the road and then came fifth gear, so about 35 MPH, when suddenly I found myself being yanked hard to the left. I strong armed it back to the right which shot me into the ditch and then back into the road. Finally got stopped and found that a Foreman is not very stable at 35 MPH with only three wheels! In his rush to beat the other guys down the road, he somehow forgot to tighten the lug nuts on the last wheel!

Sure does get the heart moving in the morning!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Speaking from "in the field" fix it up experience..... don't forget to tighten the lug nuts.

My buddy that I was hunting with in Idaho last fall, picked up a set of wheels and tires for the Foreman that I was to ride since the ones that were on it wouldn't hold air for a whole day. He was putting them on while I was getting everything else out of the trucks. As I finished loading our gear, we could see a truck heading our way. He told me to hop on and follow him. Everything was going great... first gear, second gear, third gear, fourth gear, a little bit dusty following his taillight down the road and then came fifth gear, so about 35 MPH, when suddenly I found myself being yanked hard to the left. I strong armed it back to the right which shot me into the ditch and then back into the road. Finally got stopped and found that a Foreman is not very stable at 35 MPH with only three wheels! In his rush to beat the other guys down the road, he somehow forgot to tighten the lug nuts on the last wheel!

Sure does get the heart moving in the morning!
Same type of thing happened to me once, yes that sucks bad. I do admit failure. New half shaft was wrong when I went to install it camping. Was extremely pissed to say the very least! I had the old shaft a part and proceeded it install the inner into front diff but had left the outer that holds the wheel hub out, probably should’ve cooled off but continued mad to get it going. Probably something like 15 miles later the whole wheel assembly passed us as we were on a bad trail, luckily speed was under 10. Destroyed everything in the right front. Had to walk out, no other rig. Got lost on way to camp. Wife yelled at me and I yelled back. Bad night. Long story short that stupid s*** will never happen again!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Same type of thing happened to me once, yes that sucks bad. I do admit failure. New half shaft was wrong when I went to install it camping. Was extremely pissed to say the very least! I had the old shaft a part and proceeded it install the inner into front diff but had left the outer that holds the wheel hub out, probably should’ve cooled off but continued mad to get it going. Probably something like 15 miles later the whole wheel assembly passed us as we were on a bad trail, luckily speed was under 10. Destroyed everything in the right front. Had to walk out, no other rig. Got lost on way to camp. Wife yelled at me and I yelled back. Bad night. Long story short that stupid s*** will never happen again!

Wife yelling at you or the wheel assembly passing you?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5

She don’t yell at you....cut the dramatics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
She don’t yell at you....cut the dramatics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lmao I guess you know her fairly well. Normally no, maybe once every couple years but she did a bit that night then got that evil quiet she can get where you sleep with one eye open. Mad Ang is scary as f***. Wouldn’t trade her for anything though!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You don’t realize exactly how messed up the frame and suspension mounts are till you you get something straight against it.
I noticed the other weekend while doing cross measurements after seeing a mount bent up pretty badly. So I ordered the SuperATV frame reinforcement kit. I figured it would be two fold- show me where things need to be and reinforce things. Well it did just that. Got 4 hours in tweaking everything on driver side to get the mounts straight enough for the kit to be installed. Still have passenger side to go.
I did reinforce the front two mounts after one side was completely ripped out after my endover, but I’m not a fan of welding to high strength steel because it can then rip at weld spots so I left the rest alone. Got probably another 4-6 hours to get the rest right. Wish I could’ve afforded a new frame section but it is what it is. It’ll be right when done.
D2B2E9FE 1CDF 46A7 9451 6DF99273E8BB
21B06720 5FF1 4047 B090 CF5762964889

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You don’t realize exactly how messed up the frame and suspension mounts are till you you get something straight against it.
I noticed the other weekend while doing cross measurements after seeing a mount bent up pretty badly. So I ordered the SuperATV frame reinforcement kit. I figured it would be two fold- show me where things need to be and reinforce things. ELL it did just that. Got 4 hours in tweaking everything on driver side to get the mounts straight enough for the kit to be installed. Still have passenger side to go.
I did reinforce the front two mounts after one side was completely ripped out after my endover, but I’m not a fan of welding to high strength steel because it can then rip at wend spots so I left the rest alone. Got probably another 4-6 hours to get the rest right. Wish I could’ve afforded a new frame section but it is what it is. It’ll be right when done.
View attachment 157152 View attachment 157153
That looks like it beefs it up alot

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Also the bumper has taken some more massive hits between bouncing up over rock ledges, pushing over trees and hitting friends to get them up through something so it’s getting rebuilt this week!
8905FD14 AB76 483C AD01 E522BD5EBAB1

3CE59BBF EBF8 4308 8501 857BE7D11BF5

Also while bumper was off I threw in new 20500 pound 3/8 synthetic rope. Should hold out a bit. And replaced the cordless remote for the front winch. Gotta go through the back one again.
Both Warn 4500pros are still in perfect working order no problems there
6A946642 1A06 437A 9C3A 1977E75C5126

Last edited:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also the bumper has taken some more massive hits between bouncing up over rock ledges, pushing over trees and hitting friends to get them up through something so it’s getting rebuilt this week!View attachment 157155

Also while bumper was off I threw in new 20500 pound 3/8 synthetic rope. Should hold out a bit. And replaced the cordless remote for the front winch. Gotta go through the back one again.
Both Warn 4500pros are still in perfect working order no problems thereView attachment 157154
About time you did that ;)

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also the bumper has taken some more massive hits between bouncing up over rock ledges, pushing over trees and hitting friends to get them up through something so it’s getting rebuilt this week!View attachment 157155

Both Warn 4500pros are still in perfect working order no problems thereView attachment 157154
What wireless you got I put the warn on mine really like it

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That looks like it beefs it up alot

Massively. Also puts a steel plate directly under the suspension mounts so they are protected against rocks. Actually a big fan after I see how it works.
Plate is currently not bolted but gives an idea. It goes all the way across and back of the mounts. Should be solid
36008B98 917F 46B2 AD23 A6E426BF434C

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Massively. Also puts a steel plate directly under the suspension mounts so they are protected against rocks. Actually a big fan after I see how it works.
Plate is currently not bolted but gives an idea. It goes all the way across and back of the mounts. Should be solid
View attachment 157158
Makes tabs twice as wide too

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!