IMG_1976.JPG

P1000m5 The Rebuild And Life Of "clutch".

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been needing a chainsaw specifically for the Sxs. We have two Husky 460’s and even though I absolutely love those saws I wanted a nice small one to stay with the machine. A friend had both a Husky 240 and Stihl 170 for 100$ each and really considered.
After talking with the saw Guru @joeymt33 and reading a few reviews I went Electric this time, I think as a trail saw this should work out very well. Found smoking deal used. This’ll be a Xmas present for the family. We will see if it holds up.
Also thanks Joey for not only your thoughts but also the vids on chain sharpening, not only do I love your pretty face but they were very informative. I think I’ll have better luck in the future!
6AB01550 4866 4347 BFB0 D0BBC33ED74F

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Been needing a chainsaw specifically for the Sxs. We have two Husky 460’s and even though I absolutely love those saws I wanted a nice small one to stay with the machine. A friend had both a Husky 240 and Stihl 170 for 100$ each and really considered.
After talking with the saw Guru @joeymt33 and reading a few reviews I went Electric this time, I think as a trail saw this should work out very well. Found smoking deal used. This’ll be a Xmas present for the family. We will see if it holds up.
Also thanks Joey for not only your thoughts but also the vids on chain sharpening, not only do I love your pretty face but they were very informative. I think I’ll have better luck in the future!
View attachment 170004
I have this one and it works great.

EGO brushless chainsaw 770x472

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have this one and it works great.

View attachment 170005
Glad to hear more positive. Wasn’t sure about this purchase at first.We ride amongst a lot of downed trees especially springtime so it’s got some work to do.
We’ll just leave the gas saw at camp and bring this along the trails, excited to try something different.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My wife has an electric stihl saw, blower and weed eater. Same battery fits all of them and she loves them. She hates pull starting the stihl gas powered we have even though they usually start on the first or second pull. If she is cutting thick tall grass the gas powered stihl does much better,but for every day leaf blowing,weed eating and wood cutting she prefers the electric.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My wife has an electric stihl saw, blower and weed eater. Same battery fits all of them and she loves them. She hates pull starting the stihl gas powered we have even though they usually start on the first or second pull. If she is cutting thick tall grass the gas powered stihl does much better,but for every day leaf blowing,weed eating and wood cutting she prefers the electric.
Ya wife really wanted a leaf blower for cleaning out the camper and sxs up camping, she borrowed a friends occasionally last year and lived it. That was part of the kicker because I’ll get her the blower as well and we’ll have a couple batteries and chargers. Think she’ll really appreciate the saw as well.

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those electric saws are great for the occasional, small tree across the trail but
for more serious trees, be sure that you have a gas powered saw close by (or lots of spare batteries!).

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It's not a chainsaw but You can do quite a bit of cutting with one of these with a 10 or 12" demo blade then just change blade depending on what your doing, would not cut alot of wood but it would get You out of a jam on the trail,,,
MW2625 21

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It's not a chainsaw but You can do quite a bit of cutting with one of these with a 10 or 12" demo blade then just change blade depending on what your doing, would not cut alot of wood but it would get You out of a jam on the trail,,,
View attachment 170081
Actually that would be super handy along when you get that rouge f***er under the suspension that doesn’t let you move.
We come across dozens of small trees downed at times. Many as large 2-3ft towards springtime, we’ll have to carry the Huskys as well for those times.
Our main riding areas are different then most, not groomed or managed trails and that’s in heavily wooded deep forest. We are the clean up crew, most of our trails very few people go down and mainly just the occasion group of dirt bikes. Many trails are strictly our group so a saw is really important.

Last edited:
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
By no means would that Milwaukee be as good as a chainsaw but I keep one of those in my work truck with a bunch of different blades and I have used it and abused it on everything and it has done suprisingly well, My favorite small saw is a Stihl climbing saw fits in one hand good:)

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
By no means would that Milwaukee be as good as a chainsaw but I keep one of those in my work truck with a bunch of different blades and I have used it and abused it on everything and it has done suprisingly well, My favorite small saw is a Stihl climbing saw fits in one hand good:)
I do have a couple of the Ridgid cordless saws. Not quite as good as the Milwaukee but ya I too use the crap out of them.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well things are going to start happening. Gotta couple things to do to Clutch before this weekend ride then it’s time to get it ready for our big annual Christmas week camping and riding. its gotten cold and s***ty outside so as in past years I’ve enclosed and insulated our deck as a garage for the Sxs and dirt bike related work.
I got my garage lol.
68F79DB6 21DE 4D63 BB0B 525F9EBB19A3

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well things are going to start happening. Gotta couple things to do to Clutch before this weekend ride then it’s time to get it ready for our big annual Christmas week camping and riding. its gotten cold and s***ty outside so as in past years I’ve enclosed and insulated our deck as a garage for the Sxs and dirt bike related work.
I got my garage lol.
View attachment 170116

Enclosed? Garage? Why would you want that?
You never have anything happen when you ride @CumminsPusher!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Definitely the first time in almost 3 years the shocks have been this clean. Hell there was still Tennessee mud from our previous Pioneer on them.
Had to clean them up so I can install and adjust the new springs. Also replacing rear wheel bearings so washed up the hubs. Finally getting into a couple very needed repairs.
76BFAA26 8493 4468 894D 1878EB8A282F

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
All new bushings and seals going in all 4 shocks at the mounting ends, there was a little slop. Was nice buying direct from Honda anything needed for the shocks.
A656DB5D 7146 46E4 B453 B006303A99EE

Last edited:
advertisement