P1000 "The Scarer"

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, new here, name is Aaron. Been trolling for a few weeks now after pulling the trigger on my new Honda.

I started looking a year ago. First at a teryx, then I liked the mule pro fxt, but nothing was perfect. Then my brother bought a viking VI. I was just hoping Honda would come out with my dream machine, and they did. Won't go into all the reasons I chose it over the others, I'm sure it is all the same reasons you guys picked the Honda as well.

Oh yeah, and my boy decided its name would be "the scarer" lol.

On to the pics....

Just picked it up at Mega Motorsports in Westplains, MO. Had to buy a trailer also. About 1000 miles from home at this point. Then met my brother at Cloud 9 Ranch in Caufield for a few days to break it in lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: X4Dice and sharp
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Once we got home the modifications began...

Pulled like 500' of wire:

Used a fuse block to keep all the circuits separate and tidy. Put all the grounds on a ground bar later:

First test and it all worked perfect!

Reactions: sharp
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the cup holders for the pioneer 700-4 from rocky mountain atv. They do definitely come as a pair... so needless to say I have 4 extra cup holders now. They worked perfect though. Just the right size for a beer holder.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next on the list... bilge blower under the seat, 2 10s in the back, and some type of rack for a spare tire and cargo.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good! Welcome to the forum, keep us updated on all the mods you do.

advertisement
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
welcome to the club CTDPower.

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I really like your idea for the stereo and speaker setup:) Using plywood opens up all kinds of opportunities... Like adding 10's;). I may steal your idea when I upgrade my system. I would recommend a roll on bed liner to give it a more finished look and to aid in waterproofing. Overall, great work and craftsmanship!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! And nice job on the mods. That pic of the Viking VI next to your 1000 is the reason I didn't even consider it. It looks like a stretch limo compared to the Pioneer. Where I ride, I'd constantly be fighting getting center hung with that pig lol. You made the right choice imo.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, new here, name is Aaron. Been trolling for a few weeks now after pulling the trigger on my new Honda.

I started looking a year ago. First at a teryx, then I liked the mule pro fxt, but nothing was perfect. Then my brother bought a viking VI. I was just hoping Honda would come out with my dream machine, and they did. Won't go into all the reasons I chose it over the others, I'm sure it is all the same reasons you guys picked the Honda as well.

Oh yeah, and my boy decided its name would be "the scarer" lol.

On to the pics....

Just picked it up at Mega Motorsports in Westplains, MO. Had to buy a trailer also. About 1000 miles from home at this point. Then met my brother at Cloud 9 Ranch in Caufield for a few days to break it in lol.

Love the new ride and welcome! Your family sure looks happy crusing in the new p1k! Btw love the shirts that's my kind of people!!!

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You need to extend your gas line under the seat if you plan on going through water like you was any deeper and you might get water in the gas tank.

It is in the electrical box with all the other breathers. I extended everything except the radiator fan motor. Eventually when I snorkel it I will just run that into the intake maybe...

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome! And nice job on the mods. That pic of the Viking VI next to your 1000 is the reason I didn't even consider it. It looks like a stretch limo compared to the Pioneer. Where I ride, I'd constantly be fighting getting center hung with that pig lol. You made the right choice imo.
That is my brothers. He bought it cause he has a big family. He has a bench that goes in the bed with 3 more seats. He hits and drags on everything with that viking. I will say though, it is a tank and is very impressive. Easily my second choice after watching him just literally abuse the crap out of that thing.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I really like your idea for the stereo and speaker setup:) Using plywood opens up all kinds of opportunities... Like adding 10's;). I may steal your idea when I upgrade my system. I would recommend a roll on bed liner to give it a more finished look and to aid in waterproofing. Overall, great work and craftsmanship!

It wasn't my idea :). My brother did it for his headunit and amp and stuff. I did regular 6.5s in the ceiling and added the dome lights. My brother is big into car audio and just didn't want to do a marine type headunit I guess and told me this is the way to go. Putting the boom mats over the speakers really helps too. Keeps the dust and moisture out. You could get some shallow mount 8s or 10s to fit but your adding some weight up high. I'm just gonna run my wires to the back and do 2 shallow 10s that will fit behind the back seats. Plan is to make it unplug and be easily removable. Just throw a strap over the box. My brother has a 12 under his left rear seat and is using wakeboard speakers. This way is cheaper though for sure and sounds great. I did 2 way pioneer 6.5s that were $26 a pair shipped amazon prime and a $70 pioneer headunit. I'll do about a 200w amp on the 10s and call it good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That is my brothers. He bought it cause he has a big family. He has a bench that goes in the bed with 3 more seats. He hits and drags on everything with that viking. I will say though, it is a tank and is very impressive. Easily my second choice after watching him just literally abuse the crap out of that thing.
Show him pics of my 1000-7 it doesn't have size problems:) just playing though

jasontjames

jasontjames

Lifetime Member
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got the cup holders for the pioneer 700-4 from rocky mountain atv. They do definitely come as a pair... so needless to say I have 4 extra cup holders now. They worked perfect though. Just the right size for a beer holder.

I did the same thing. Two extra sitting on the shelf waiting for me to figure out something to do with them. I'm thinking there may be a cell phone holder application. Just haven't thought it all through yet.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!