BOX1

P1000 Thinking of switching to RZR 900

SpaceTroll

SpaceTroll

Jul 8, 2018
Kirbyville Tx
Ownership

1. 500
I had a 2012 popo ranger that had nothing but problems. Wiring harness, belts, heat, fuel injectors and so on. I sold it and bought my Honda. No regrets. Remember you can polish a turd for hours but at the end of the day all you've got is a shiny turd
Just playin but I would go Can Am or Yamaha. Good luck let us know what you get.

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go with whatever machine makes you happy. Polaris gets a lot of hate on here, but I have a Sportsman 800 that’s worked hard and played hard for over 1100 miles now without a single problem. Can’t say the same about my Pioneer. It’s never left me stranded but it’s been back to the dealership a few times now for recalls and other problems, at least one of which was never properly fixed.

Reactions: 0860silverado
BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
A good ole RZR vs. Honda Thread!

But in all seriousness coming from a polaris guy.....a RZR 900 is a more reliable machine than the later produced 1k's they were detuned from the factory so there is extra power there if ever needed. We have a couple 900's that ride with us and they are very basic and easy to figure out. the bad about the 900 or i guess i should say improved upon is the ride, creature comforts, and aftermarket. choosing a 900 is like buying the last year model of a car 9 years after production stopped. sure there will be parts available for a while but you will have a tough time finding them. you will find that most places will stock xp1k stuff just because of the popularity. they no what sells. you have more luck on the trail. ive been on multiple rides where someone not in a xp1k or non-polaris has broken something that i had a spare for. you turn a 20 min trail side fix into a ruined weekend.

Now understand this if you are thinking about a RzR.... they are amazing machines that can do just about anything, but you have to take care of them if you want them to take care of you. This means maintenance, bolt checks, monitoring gauges and paying attention to how the machine is acting so that you can catch things before they become an issue. Now for me this is part of the hobby i enjoy the tinkering tweaking and making my machine MINE. This isnt for the vast majority, which is why you see a lot of people bashing polaris because their machine broke down on the trail after they rode for 1000 mile on the break in oil, bashed through ruts, climbed cliffs, rolled over and then never turned the first wrench. you just cant do that in this sport and expect a your machine to make it, and that goes for any manufacturer.

Now as far as no EPS, why would you not pick a machine with powersteering?????? i was with @LandPioneer when he ordered his EPS kit for his honda at the bottom of widow maker @RRB. it will turn your 4wheeling trips into an enjoyable hobby instead of a nervous wreck with broken thumbs and sever arm pump. if you are seriously looking at polaris the market is fllllooooodddded with slightly used machines because buying a new one is so easy everyone is getting approved. all these machines have power steering, and you can find a machine to fit the modification level you are looking for, from stock to rzr buggy.

at the end of the day its going to come down to what are you looking to do with your machine? if you want a sport machine that will literally leave a honda INCLUDING THE NEW TOP SECRET TALON in the dust (ooo snap he said it) than get a rzr, just know that you will have to take care of it if you want it to take care of you. if you are just going to hit some mild trails, farm work and various other things and are not looking to do a whole lot of maintenance.. honda is going to probably be the way to go.

20180421 124904 FB IMG 1495253969119

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
IMHO, if a person buys a Pioneer but a RZR fits their riding style better they made a serious mistake with their buying choice in the first place. Apples and oranges.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well...I'd trade you 300 Ford's for 6.0's all day if I had them.
Whoa whoa whoa... I never said I'd trade my beloved 6.0! But if someone stole it from under my hood, I'd take a 300 as a replacement lol! I'd reject whatever Ford's pre eco-boost V6 was and GM's Vortech V6. Blehhhh!!! Nasty engines.

Reactions: DG Rider
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Whoa whoa whoa... I never said I'd trade my beloved 6.0! But if someone stole it from under my hood, I'd take a 300 as a replacement lol! I'd reject whatever Ford's pre eco-boost V6 was and GM's Vortech V6. Blehhhh!!! Nasty engines.
How so?

Reactions: 0860silverado
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
GM's 6.0 motor is a runner for sure. Not all that great on fuel, but pretty strong!

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about the Ford 6.0 ... as in diesel. I had an 03 SD with the 6.0. One of the best trucks I ever had.
Most folks cussed that 6.0 diesel.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Built ugly, sound ugly, feel ugly, run ugly, just ugly concepts. (An sbc with two cylinders lopped off and add a balance shaft to keep the motor mounts from tearing apart? C'mon man!!!) GM should've dug in the parts bin and used Buick's spectacular 3800 series V6's in place of every 4.3 application. (Imagine an S-10 or Sonoma with that delicious turbocharged 3.8L that the Grand National had!)

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Built ugly, sound ugly, feel ugly, run ugly, just ugly concepts. (An sbc with two cylinders lopped off and add a balance shaft to keep the motor mounts from tearing apart? C'mon man!!!) GM should've dug in the parts bin and used Buick's spectacular 3800 series V6's in place of every 4.3 application. (Imagine an S-10 or Sonoma with that delicious turbocharged 3.8L that the Grand National had!)
Sounds like a Cyclone or Typhoon.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I ran two of the vortec 4.3's over 300k, one of them had 396,500 and still ran good, 4wd still worked too but the body was falling off and it had a rear main leak. Just

I ran the 4.3's for years in S-10's. About 320k on one and 396,500 on the other. Got sh**** gas mileage in a ZR2 but ran forever.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ran two of the vortec 4.3's over 300k, one of them had 396,500 and still ran good, 4wd still worked too but the body was falling off and it had a rear main leak. Just

I ran the 4.3's for years in S-10's. About 320k on one and 396,500 on the other. Got sh**** gas mileage in a ZR2 but ran forever.
Hell that my daily drive with a 5-speed it still gets shipped mileage but keeps on going

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
GM's 6.0 motor is a runner for sure. Not all that great on fuel, but pretty strong!

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about the Ford 6.0 ... as in diesel. I had an 03 SD with the 6.0. One of the best trucks I ever had.
There are a few that seem to do good over time. Most have hard time getting to 100k without major work. The 6.0 ps has shown to be one of the worst turbo diesels by far. I’ve had two known people to swap out and another on the way. That’s the number 1 engine for Cummins swap, it’s cheaper to do that then to make them slightly more dependable.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!