Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

hey now I’m really trying to keep my mouth shut and been working hard to not go trucks, religion or politics, but...
I swear by the inline as does all heavy industry. I try to go with dependability over a grill badge and look at things as a percentage, I’ll pick the 10 bad in a 100 odds over the 10 good in a 100 anytime. I’m not a maintenance type I can’t afford the other way. 400k never apart and counting here, just broke in:)[/QUOTE]
SUCKER!!!!! Go ahead and get into politics and religion, HA!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
After a year and a half and 1,800 Miles, I’m considering trading my 2016 P1000-3 non-EPS on a Polaris RZR 900 non-EPS. I am not impressed with the quality of the P1000. Anybody considering a similar move?
Don’t do it. My brother has a RZR. I really don’t like it , I have a Pioneer 500 not a 1000 but my Pioneer will go farther than his RZR. And the biggest thing my Pioneer doesn’t run on a rubber band. He has to always have a new. Rubber band in the bike if he’s going to do any long drives. He burnt a belt out just moving wood from the front of his house to the back. He said it was loaded, but. We go down the same hill and he has to keep his foot in the gas , or brake, which your not supposed to do, let the belt free wheel. My Pioneer will crawl down, first gear, no brake at all. Plus my leg falls out the place where there should be a door on the RZR. Uncomfortable ride. After driving the RZR , I love my Pioneer.
Caper

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
So...
1. some welds aren't as pretty as desired
2. Toe was off and you ignored it until tires were toast
3. You left it in the pouring rain and were surprised it caused an issue....

Polaris is right up your alley.

Ok I'm giving you crap but you had to know it was coming.

Honest talk here...

If you want less utility I'd probably buy the can am commander. It's a good rig. It has it's fair share of heat issues though. Belts require a bit of intelligence to make them last but they can last. I also like the Yamaha wolverine. They have a great belt drive tranny, probably the best, and it's a sweet little rig. Much less power though compared to the honda 1000. The best mechanic in my area will tell you if he had to pick one company to keep him in business it would be polaris. So they've got that going for them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Can - Am has the same belt issues as Polaris. My older brother has a Can-Am 1000 special edition something, over $30,000 Canadian, so about $15,000 American, haha, and it’s just over a year old and he’s had to replace a belt already. Don’t know what he did, but that sucks. He’s wondering if he should have gone Honda. I’m sure every bike has some issues but I love my Pioneer 500. No problems yet, Knock wood. Haha.
Good luck on your decision.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Can - Am has the same belt issues as Polaris. My older brother has a Can-Am 1000 special edition something, over $30,000 Canadian, so about $15,000 American, haha, and it’s just over a year old and he’s had to replace a belt already. Don’t know what he did, but that sucks. He’s wondering if he should have gone Honda. I’m sure every bike has some issues but I love my Pioneer 500. No problems yet, Knock wood. Haha.
Caper
I really think, it takes awhile to learn what a machine won't take, like I won't be trying to back a log splitter up a 40 degree embankment any more!

Reactions: Caper
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Caper

Yamaha runs on what you call a rubber with virtually no issues. Thousands of miles on one belt. The best cvt out there bar none.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Caper

I used to race 2hr hair scrambles on Outlanders and renegades. They took a beating and I could race a full season on the same belt. The only problem i ever had was hitting whoops at over 30mph i twisted the drive shaft in half. Now put that same machine in a mud hole where the tires won't turn and you'll blow the belt in an instant.

I did hear that some of the high end Mavericks were having trouble with belts. They just have more power than the belt can handle. I knew I would be towing and hauling loads. 2 things that are hard on a belt, so I went with the 6 speed Honda.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I used to race 2hr hair scrambles on Outlanders and renegades. They took a beating and I could race a full season on the same belt. The only problem i ever had was hitting whoops at over 30mph i twisted the drive shaft in half. Now put that same machine in a mud hole where the tires won't turn and you'll blow the belt in an instant.

I did hear that some of the high end Mavericks were having trouble with belts. They just have more power than the belt can handle. I knew I would be towing and hauling loads. 2 things that are hard on a belt, so I went with the 6 speed Honda.

Sounds like she wanted a shaft drive. Ba-dum-crash!!!
Rubber just doesn't hold up under sudden pressure! HA!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I really think, it takes awhile to learn what a machine won't take, like I won't be trying to back a log splitter up a 40 degree embankment any more!
Haha, now that’s funny. Probably not at the time. The can-am does work and drive a lot nicer than the RZR. But a lot of money. It has everything but heat. Haha. I’ve done a few things that afterwards I just shake my head. Haha

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Haha, now that’s funny. Probably not at the time. The can-am does work and drive a lot nicer than the RZR. But a lot of money. It has everything but heat. Haha. I’ve done a few things that afterwards I just shake my head. Haha
Yea! In that boat also!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

Hi Cuoutdoors, my brothers is a Renegade 1000 special edition. Something. It’s a nice bike but it doesn’t have much ground clearance, but it DOES slow itself down going downhill with your foot off the gas. I’m still happy with my Pioneer 500. Oh, his is definitely faster, haha. And so is the RZR but I won’t give him the satisfaction. Haha. And I just kid my brothers about the rubber band thing.
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what she got! Twice!
@JTW must be in his church mode or he would be all over this! He's been acting a little weird lately, I think he's considering becoming a monk? It won't last long, they will kick him out!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yamaha runs on what you call a rubber with virtually no issues. Thousands of miles on one belt. The best cvt out there bar none.
Hi Choogsbro. I’ve never driven in a Yamaha. All I know is the RZR blew a belt hauling wood and the Renegade, god knows, he can be hard on toys. But I’ll take shaft drive any day over a belt. I don’t want to be 100 miles from nowhere stuck in deep mud worrying about my rubber band breaking because it’s hard to turn the tires. Thank god for 4000 lb Warn winch. Haha. I do know someone with a Yamaha, I will talk to him to get his reaction. And like I said just stirring the pot with the rubber band comments. Haha
Caper

Reactions: 0860silverado
D

Deleted member 3748

Hi Choogsbro. I’ve never driven in a Yamaha. All I know is the RZR blew a belt hauling wood and the Renegade, god knows, he can be hard on toys. But I’ll take shaft drive any day over a belt. I don’t want to be 100 miles from nowhere stuck in deep mud worrying about my rubber band breaking because it’s hard to turn the tires. Thank god for 4000 lb Warn winch. Haha. I do know someone with a Yamaha, I will talk to him to get his reaction. And like I said just stirring the pot with the rubber band comments. Haha
Caper
The Yamaha uses a centrifugal clutch to maintain belt tension and some other technical mumbo jumbo which basically boils down to the clutch takes care of what would otherwise be a slipping belt.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi Cuoutdoors, my brothers is a Renegade 1000 special edition. Something. It’s a nice bike but it doesn’t have much ground clearance, but it DOES slow itself down going downhill with your foot off the gas. I’m still happy with my Pioneer 500. Oh, his is definitely faster, haha. And so is the RZR but I won’t give him the satisfaction. Haha. And I just kid my brothers about the rubber band thing.
Caper
Sweet! I like those 500's a guy let me drive one at the Honda takeover. I still love my pioneer 1000 but if I ever make it to the mountains I'm getting the 500 also so I can ride the 50" trails.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!