P1000 To Winch or not to Winch..

Would you recommend from experience, installing a front-mounted winch on your Honda pioneer?

• Yes for sure, and I'll tell you why.

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Heck no, and I'll tell you why.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends, and..I'll tell you why.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Removed per user request

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Image Image Image
I think this is looking pretty decent, so far! Mmmmm shackles..

Last edited:
Reactions: franzw and Delton
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Oh I almost forgot. Switch location. I didn't install the rocker switch - I didn't think it was necessary on the dash and perhaps a liability with wondering hands. I wanted the remote plug in a convenient location and orientation. I think I might install another plug location near the front as well, but I haven't quite found the right spot yet.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 9154 View attachment 9155 View attachment 9156
I think this is looking pretty decent, so far! Mmmmm shackles..
I have those exact same round LED lights on my Foreman. They are very bright for their size. I'd ordered them for work few months ago for our forklifts. When the plant shut down my boss told me I could have what I wanted from the shop so I grabbed 2 pair of them. Along with same as new Miller 211 with spoolgun, metal bandsaw, portable bandsaw, sawzall, metal bender, etc etc lol. I'd been there 28 years so i thought it fitting they all leave with me lol

Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
I have those exact same round LED lights on my Foreman. They are very bright for their size. I'd ordered them for work few months ago for our forklifts. When the plant shut down my boss told me I could have what I wanted from the shop so I grabbed 2 pair of them. Along with same as new Miller 211 with spoolgun, metal bandsaw, portable bandsaw, sawzall, metal bender, etc etc lol. I'd been there 28 years so i thought it fitting they all leave with me lol
You got the good stuff, Delton. Bandsaws are the bomb! Now its time to build something serious...with big tires.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You got the good stuff, Delton. Bandsaws are the bomb! Now its time to build something serious...with big tires.
Yeah I love having a bandsaw at home. It has a rotating head so really comes in handy when I'm making intercooler piping. My favorite has gotta be the Miller 211. Best mig welder I've ever used. If I can find time, I want to build a killer front bumper/brush guard for my 1000. Time is pretty rare between overtime at work, my 6yr old, and taking care of all our critters. Normally I do alot of work on the side working on bikes, lawnmowers, etc. Lately I've been turning people away. I need to be cloned lol

Reactions: PioneerPete
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the shackles too. I may end up coping you.

Thanks for sharing

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up ordering a new superwinch thru amazon last night because on mine the fairlead doesn't mount directly to the winch. When I installed the emp bumper I had to Sawzall my winch mount ears off. Just for something to hold the fairlead. I hated the look of it. Live and learn I guess.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ended up ordering a new superwinch thru amazon last night because on mine the fairlead doesn't mount directly to the winch. When I installed the emp bumper I had to Sawzall my winch mount ears off. Just for something to hold the fairlead. I hated the look of it. Live and learn I guess.
We're they the cheapest you found for a super winch? I found one site that has the 4500 with rope for 289.00. Was amazon cheaper?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We're they the cheapest you found for a super winch? I found one site that has the 4500 with rope for 289.00. Was amazon cheaper?
Nope but the cheapest way to go is the metal cable and switch to a rope.

Reactions: Whiskey1
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm just to impatient. And bought it. Could of waited but I've got a big ride coming up an the honda has to represent!

Reactions: Delton
advertisement
Whiskey1

Whiskey1

Dec 11, 2015
Arizona
Oh, I haven't seen the emp bumper yet. I'll have to check it out! Do you like the look?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That is all looking great, nice work. I also have that winch and have been happy with it. One thing I did notice though, you are still using a roller fairlead. With a synthetic rope you should use a hawse fairlead. At least that's what I've always heard.

Reactions: CashMoney
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The worst part was I could of saved a lot of coin had I realized the fairlead doesn't mount to the winch but its just the mounting plate. So my other 4500lb superwinch is going to be a rear winch at some point when its not -15 deg out. And actually the other worse part is my wife found out I bought another one, good thing she doesn't know I could of spent 20 bucks and had it look like I wanted.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!