the 1K3 after driving it into the trailer, but
it just occurred to me to develop a system
to use the winch with remote to drag it into
place and to help secure it, like they do a
car on a roll back.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

John

That could work, winch hold it tight in the front and secure it from the back. Would be best to have a 8.5' wide car hauler, the extra 18" makes all the difference in the world.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's what I put in my trailer, an extra battery and winch. It's used to pull work equipment up into it but it also works for the pioneer.

I still put two straps on the front though, and two in the back. Then for extra safety I use load locks in the front and rear. Can't be too careful.

Reactions: JACKAL
MAV

MAV

Dec 18, 2015
OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was thinking enclosed trailer was the way to go. Bought a 7 x 14 loadrunner so I could haul the 1000 and also hunting and camping gear safely. The clearance is tight but works fine. Will try to sent picture.

View attachment 8573 View attachment 8574

How tall is the ceiling to fit it in? I'm looking at getting me an enclosed trailer but need to be sure on the ceiling height.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How tall is the ceiling to fit it in? I'm looking at getting me an enclosed trailer but need to be sure on the ceiling height.
Interstate makes several models, this one a 7 x 14, has about half inch clearance (oversized tires ,lifted might be a problem) however they also make a PRO model with higher door but more money. The winch is a good idea but I just pull the front passenger door off two hinges and get out the front side door.

MAV

MAV

Dec 18, 2015
OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interstate makes several models, this one a 7 x 14, has about half inch clearance (oversized tires ,lifted might be a problem) however they also make a PRO model with higher door but more money. The winch is a good idea but I just pull the front passenger door off two hinges and get out the front side door.

Right... Can you give a measurement of the height of the inside of the trailer by chance?

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right... Can you give a measurement of the height of the inside of the trailer by chance?
Sure, I will give you the door opening, height numbers. It will be little later, Seahawk game is starting.

vince

vince

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2015
vidor texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Deer lease

vince

vince

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2015
vidor texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lol some old socks around the rachet part

G

Grayday

Jan 5, 2020
Tucson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 7 x 14 v-nose and I love the way it fits.
If I park tight to one side, I can open the other door and walk out. I'm 6 ft and 210lb. I figure I could put on another 40 lb before this starts to become a problem (just trying to to put this into perspective for others). Worst case, I can slip the door off before parking - but no need to at this point.
View attachment 8930 View attachment 8933 View attachment 8932 View attachment 8931
I am doing the same, incentive for me to lose some weight (235). If I don't get it parked right, I just climb out the back (not too easy for an old fart!
Grady

DAV11

DAV11

Supporting Member
Dec 12, 2018
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Honda hard doors, hard top, full glass windshield, soft mid, soft rear, soft sides. Haul in an open trailer, top speed 65, does fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!