P1000 Vents for bilge fans

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone added some ducting between the fan and the vents to increase the amount of heat. Are there vents out there that you could close if you were getting too much heat? And turn to direct the heat where you wanted it?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone added some ducting between the fan and the vents to increase the amount of heat. Are there vents out there that you could close if you were getting too much heat? And turn to direct the heat where you wanted it?
Those pictured in post #57 can be directed and turned off.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interested to see how this does when the temps drop.....it was a blustery 59 degrees this am in VA. I have (2) 3" Blowers to install. I will be reversing these fans in the winter to get some heat. All my neighbors rely on me to plow their driveways. Hopefully will keep me warmer than my flask of fireball has done over the past couple of winters.
Seriously dude, fireball? You really drink that crap? I,m sorry, that is the worst tasting stuff I have ever bought, after year still trying to finish off a pint I bought on a cruise ship. Even Yeagermeister would be a better choice. Sorry, just trying to help.

Reactions: cwalton
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
Seriously dude, fireball? You really drink that crap? I,m sorry, that is the worst tasting stuff I have ever bought, after year still trying to finish off a pint I bought on a cruise ship. Even Yeagermeister would be a better choice. Sorry, just trying to help.
Now why did you have to go and bring yager in? :D

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now why did you have to go and bring yager in? :D
In Europe where I am from originally, Bavaria, yeager is a medicinal drink and I'm not talking about mixing it with Bull another Austrian export. Personally I'd rather sip Jack Daniels. Just saying?

Reactions: KevinSC
KevinSC

KevinSC

Dec 31, 2015
In Europe where I am from originally, Bavaria, yeager is a medicinal drink and I'm not talking about mixing it with Bull another Austrian export. Personally I'd rather sip Jack Daniels. Just saying?
Lol, I was in Germany and asked for a yagerbomb and was called all kind off things from the woman serving me. Needless to say, I said what would you drink and then I really don't remember much of the night after that!!

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lol, I was in Germany and asked for a yagerbomb and was called all kind off things from the woman serving me. Needless to say, I said what would you drink and then I really don't remember much of the night after that!!
Yea they are well known for their farmers stills that make local schnapps. That sh_t will put you down before you know it. God wish I was there right now enjoying some. Great place to spend some time. Just saying, happy trails

Reactions: KevinSC
K

kelley350x

Oct 1, 2016
Kirbyville, TX
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When not using the bilge fans as a heater, air you guys using duct to route the air out of the compartment? If not duct, how are yall doing it?
Thanks

Reactions: LapZ
franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When not using the bilge fans as a heater, air you guys using duct to route the air out of the compartment? If not duct, how are yall doing it?
Thanks
No in winter, just unplug it from power and the warm air from engine will keep you warm and comfy when chasing game to shoot.

100 0963

K

kelley350x

Oct 1, 2016
Kirbyville, TX
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
sorry, I didn't make my questions clear. I am curious how you guys are routing the bilge fan discharge air out of the engine compartment. I see the vents used to blow the air into the cabin if you are wanting to use them as a cab heater, if they are being used to keep the seat from getting too hot during summer months where is the air being discharged to?

advertisement
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
sorry, I didn't make my questions clear. I am curious how you guys are routing the bilge fan discharge air out of the engine compartment. I see the vents used to blow the air into the cabin if you are wanting to use them as a cab heater, if they are being used to keep the seat from getting too hot during summer months where is the air being discharged to?

Mine just blows on the exhaust header. I can fell the heat coming out of the vehicle when walking behind it.

Reactions: Eltobgi
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
The vents should pull hot air out of the cab in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The vents should pull hot air out of the cab in the summer.

I say give it shot. I aimed mine at the source so it blows the heat out the back. It creates a slight vacuum and I can feel it pulling air from the gap behind the front seat which usually had heat rising up.

I thought about mounting the fan in the back and using duct work to the exhaust header but I figured that bilge fan couldn't handle the extreme heat. It would prob work just as good if the fan could take it though. The simple mount under the seat was cheap, easy with out duct work, and effective.

brock

brock

Feb 3, 2014
Arkansas
I did put duct between the fan and the the vent earlier this year. Look at my post called homemade heater.

Reactions: Ridem32 and JTW
M

Mpmitch1

Jan 1, 2017
Madison
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haha, I was wondering when someone would do that.

@Delton and I were talking about reversing the fans for winter and using vents like this.

Good job man!

if you reverse wire the blower, will it counter spin?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
if you reverse wire the blower, will it counter spin?
Yes it'll run backwards. But won't be as efficient as the blades are designed to flow in a particular direction.

crazychris

crazychris

Oct 26, 2017
redfeild arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok guys I bought me a 7 " radiator fan and mounted it under the seat. now it's much cooler in the cab. question is are u guys using the vents for heat in the winter? do the vents need to be installed to help the fan cool better? or is it just for a heater in the winter? got to ask cause if it doesnt really make a difference other than having a heater, I won't do the vents.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
I’d be worried about pulling CO back into the seating compartment as the utv ages or as the winds change?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!