Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure yet.

Gotta see how beat up the stock cage is first.

Get the plastics off, get the tape measure and tramgauge out and see how outta square it is first.

I’m sure there are some sections that will need attention there always is.

Likely I’ll just make it a stock machine again. Keep it simple in case I decide to flip it later on.
It'll be interesting to see how much structure it bent below the rops.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Before or after he flips it?
Both. Bonus points if you can get one on the roof. If felt like a scary life achievement. Somebody learned new lessons about adrenaline that day lol.

IMG 8918

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ll flip it on its other side…that will even out the damage for sure….

Friend of mine used to chain his son’s dirt track race car to a tree and then pull things back into place with his truck before he started cutting and heating if need be.
Remember, it is an off road vehicle…not a Lamborghini 😂🤣

Doesn’t look that bad.

I would have bought a friend’s Jeep wrangler rubicon once after it was flipped ass over nose and drove it as is. …was mainly cosmetic damage, but towing company that also had a body shop, jacked the estimate so insurance company would total it because they wanted to buy it.
They bought it for next to nothing, repainted it, added a new soft top, added their company name on the side, and used it for marketing

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Friend of mine used to chain his son’s dirt track race car to a tree and then pull things back into place with his truck before he started cutting and heating if need be.
Remember, it is an off road vehicle…not a Lamborghini 😂🤣

Doesn’t look that bad.

I would have bought a friend’s Jeep wrangler rubicon once after it was flipped ass over nose and drove it as is. …was mainly cosmetic damage, but towing company that also had a body shop, jacked the estimate so insurance company would total it because they wanted to buy it.
They bought it for next to nothing, repainted it, added a new soft top, added their company name on the side, and used it for marketing
I already have a dozer type frame puller and an assortment of porta power tools etc. I prefer those over the ole chain to the tree plus 40 mph launch..🤣

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So I’ve been kicking around the idea of a talon x4 for a bit.

Finally pulled the trigger on a rebuilder. Found one that was laid on its side that appears to be workable. Odometer shows less than 900 miles and it’s a 2020. Wanted something a bit newer but it was hard to pass on the price.

Not my first rebuilder ( mostly cars and trucks) but my first rebuilder toy.

Should be a good project for my side business to make parts for etc.

Hopefully I’ll see it in a week or so to see what is really going on with it.

View attachment 424095 View attachment 424096 View attachment 424097 View attachment 424098 View attachment 424099 View attachment 424100 View attachment 424101 View attachment 424102
Nice lookin rig you got there.
Should be a fun project.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I’ve been kicking around the idea of a talon x4 for a bit.

Finally pulled the trigger on a rebuilder. Found one that was laid on its side that appears to be workable. Odometer shows less than 900 miles and it’s a 2020. Wanted something a bit newer but it was hard to pass on the price.

Not my first rebuilder ( mostly cars and trucks) but my first rebuilder toy.

Should be a good project for my side business to make parts for etc.

Hopefully I’ll see it in a week or so to see what is really going on with it.

View attachment 424095 View attachment 424096 View attachment 424097 View attachment 424098 View attachment 424099 View attachment 424100 View attachment 424101 View attachment 424102
Congrats and good luck!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been reviewing @CumminsPusher thread…but it’s a bit unclear to me where the years break on parts…and even more what is shared between the x2 and x4.

I imagine that most of the power train is the same except for the obvious items due to the length of the chassis.

Are the suspension components the same for the years minus heavier shocks?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!