Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was a pita to break it down but I scored a new take off roll cage and roof.

Only a score of one bleeding knuckle

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you got thought with the straps, did you shake the cage and say “that’s not going anywhere?”
It certainly was creatively strapped together….I forgot my extra straps and only had 3 in the truck.

And yes it got the strong shake and obligatory “it’s not going anywhere “ comment. It wouldn’t be right as a pickup truck owner if I didn’t say it…🤣

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
It certainly was creatively strapped together….I forgot my extra straps and only had 3 in the truck.

And yes it got the strong shake and obligatory “it’s not going anywhere “ comment. It wouldn’t be right as a pickup truck owner if I didn’t say it…🤣
I’ve since changed that to “It’s probably not going anywhere “

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I knew it!!!

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve since changed that to “It’s probably not going anywhere “
That would be true if I were using a GM product to haul the frame…but with the F three fiddy and it’s diesel motor, I really need make sure the frame is secured to the bed otherwise it will fly out the back when I lightly touch the go pedal…

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the code I can find on my frame under the missing hood is this

IMG 6283

When I search online I get some kind of silver metal color….which isn’t even close to the habanero orange color…

In this thread Talon - Factory Talon touch up paint

A blue and white talon has the same color codes 🤷‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🖕

Not sure wtf to do…

I have some Allis Chalmers orange left overs I might try, and I have seen comments that Chevy engine paint is pretty close…any recommendations ?

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 425802

When I search online I get some kind of silver metal color….which isn’t even close to the habanero orange color…

Not sure wtf to do…

I have some Allis Chalmers orange left overs I might try, and I have seen comments that Chevy engine paint is pretty close…any recommendations ?
Wowzers! I found something on colorrite…💸💸💸

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

View attachment 425802

Not sure wtf to do…

What about powder coating it? You could do it in white but you would need additional safety harnesses. 🤣

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about powder coating it? You could do it in white but you would need additional safety harnesses. 🤣
I haven’t checked in to that but honestly for what I’m doing…a few cheap rattle cans over the cage is more than adequate.

Looks good at 20’ is my measuring stick on this one lol.

White…meh…I’d spend all day washing it like @Backwoods

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally on my surgery (butcher lol) table.

The bottom sits straight to my lift which is a great starting point. For my purposes my lift table is straight enough of a reference point.

No major war wounds on the underside

I’m going to have to straighten or replace the left trailing arm and lower radius rod. It took a pretty darn good smack it looks like..

Going to strip off the cage starting tomorrow night. Then I’ll give it a good wash with my hot water pressure washer.

IMG 6332
IMG 6330
IMG 6329

Drivers rear, is toed in quite a bit.
IMG 6328

Passenger rear
IMG 6327
IMG 6323

The cheaper plastic parts are pretty sun faded and the same for the exposed painted parts ….it’s easy to see under the plastics. I’m just going to take a frame part off and take it down to the paint shop and just get it as close as I can, spray the color and a few layers of clear and call it a day.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!