Buggyman

Buggyman

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Looks great, I’m still concerned that those Yamaha drivers are going to have different ideas about it however!

On the flip side…maybe the extra exhaust thrust is good for 30 hp? 🤷‍♂️
Screenshot 20240425 1808023

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Here’s a look with the roof and the SATV flip windshield that was previously installed.

IMG 6363

The window has a ton of glue residue from some sort of protective adhesive backed plastic (it’s all over the plastics too). It’s so bad you can’t see out of it.

The stickers I’ll use my heat gun to gently warm up and remove but I’m really not sure how or what I can use on the residue that won’t etch or scratch up the poly screen….maybe crank up the temperature on my hot water pressure washer or use really warm dish soap and water, @SuperATV any suggestions?

I’m worried that something like alcohol will be too aggressive on it.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Here’s a look with the roof and the SATV flip windshield that was previously installed.

View attachment 426812

The window has a ton of glue residue from some sort of protective adhesive backed plastic (it’s all over the plastics too). It’s so bad you can’t see out of it.

The stickers I’ll use my heat gun to gently warm up and remove but I’m really not sure how or what I can use on the residue that won’t etch or scratch up the poly screen….maybe crank up the temperature on my hot water pressure washer or use really warm dish soap and water, @SuperATV any suggestions?

Try peanut butter (easy @Backwoods & @J80 its to take the residue off the windshield).

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 426812

WD40 might work

Prntckt

Prntckt

Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2020
Altoona, WI
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Got the rear end squared away with the arms I straightened out. Took it for a spin and it for sure tracks better. It looks like both rears are toed in slightly….I believe this is normal for this type of suspension as power applied makes the rear toe out a bit…just what i remember from college mini Indy days…🤷‍♂️

View attachment 426188View attachment 426189

So I pressure washed the buggy with the rear suspension fixed. I then pulled the old Rops and test fit the new takeoff I picked up last week.

View attachment 426190

Much to my surprise, the front section fit perfectly, then the middle…and the rear as well! I was stunned as I thought I’d be beating the crap outta it.

Mrs Vikes79 thinks I should leave the Rops red and call the buggy Stepchild….

View attachment 426191

Yea or Nay ? What say you?
So its redheaded cheap bastard stepchild then...😁😁😁?
Seriously, your rebuild Is looking good.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 426812

Try WD40 on a small area. I tried tinting lexan before and it bubbled from the gasses. WD40 took the residue off and it looks fine. Was a trick a decal shop owner told me.

advertisement
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Try WD40 on a small area. I tried tinting lexan before and it bubbled from the gasses. WD40 took the residue off and it looks fine. Was a trick a decal shop owner told me.
I’m working in the shop now straightening the front upper light and fender structure…I’ll give it a try this afternoon. 👍

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Drivers from took a bigger hit than I originally thought.

The drivers headlight bucket and that entire side ran into some that missed the wheel etc but still shoved it hard enough to bend the light plastic metal frame work and put a serious dent into the radiator. Radiator isn’t leaking and still is full…

Got the metal parts straightened, the plastic fender warmed up and pushed out.

Gonna start plastic welding bush fix style (torch, big flat blade screwdriver and zip ties melting) to fix the headlight buckets.

IMG 6363
IMG 6368
IMG 6369
IMG 6372
IMG 6374
IMG 6375
IMG 6373

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Got the headlight bucket patched up. I heat the tip of a big screwdriver up with a torch to a light blue color and then essentially heat up and melt together a zip tie and the broken joints. Not as strong as original, but I’ve fixed a ton of plastics this way. You can use some aluminum window screen mesh for extra reinforcement if you like.

IMG 6376
IMG 6377
IMG 6378
IMG 6379
IMG 6380
IMG 6381

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!