Weather Talk

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
burn brush this time of year there is normally water ponds in the yard for a few more months, burn it in a low spot. have 5 giant maple trees in the yard and they shed like crazy

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Only 35. Ive got a buddy wanting me to help him as well and that burn will be 200
I love doing that, really improves the pasture too. Do you have to call in first? Notify neighbors, rural VFD, etc.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
burn brush this time of year there is normally water ponds in the yard for a few more months, burn it in a low spot. have 5 giant maple trees in the yard and they shed like crazy
5 giant maples. You should tap them. 40 to 1 . Takes 40 gallons of sap to get 1 gallon of syrup. :) 5 trees would be good. :) Can’t Be Japanese Maple. The kids would love it.
Every year we clean up branches at the camp. The trails always need work. Spring, there is always work before play. :)
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
why do you burn the field? you cant here be like trying to burn a water bottle
Kansas! Wholly different. Here’s a pic he posted a few days ago.

BD5891C1 6EA4 45D3 9296 64198EB49059

Reactions: Mudwing
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
5 giant maples. You should tap them. 40 to 1 . Takes 40 gallons of sap to get 1 gallon of syrup. :) 5 trees would be good. :) Can’t Be Japanese Maple. The kids would love it.
Every year we clean up branches at the camp. The trails always need work. Spring, there is always work before play. :)
Caper
same here
alot of work i dont really like maple that much
think they are silver maple, they have the leaves that look glittery when the wind blows hard. three of them i couldnt wrap my arms half way around. must have been here as long as the house/ 1850

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
same here
alot of work i dont really like maple that much
think they are silver maple, they have the leaves that look glittery when the wind blows hard. three of them i couldnt wrap my arms half way around. must have been here as long as the house/ 1850
They have to be sugar maples or Norwegian maple. Same thing. The little helicopters in spring and fall. :)
Someday they’ll make good firewood.
I have neighbors with giant oaks in their yard. Juan blew a couple down. Just missed his house. Next one won’t miss it. :)
Caper

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
munch of maples in the woods and if a branch breaks from wind, normally big enough to be wood. they are kinda soft relatively, compared to cherry or ash, those only fall when choked out by the vines out there, but i keep the maple splits big and i will throw them in with a hunk of ash, or something, if you fill the stove with small maple it overheats and is done in an hour

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
munch of maples in the woods and if a branch breaks from wind, normally big enough to be wood. they are kinda soft relatively, compared to cherry or ash, those only fall when choked out by the vines out there, but i keep the maple splits big and i will throw them in with a hunk of ash, or something, if you fill the stove with small maple it overheats and is done in an hour
Yeah, different maples. We have rock maple too. Any maple burns great but rock is the best. Besides oak. :)
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
you burn it so it wont burn later?
I burn mine because the grass that follows it is deep green rich in nutrients unlocked by the burn, while the blackened ground attracts and holds heat from the sun better resulting in earlier growth and germination.

And with respect to Kansas in particular, the flint hills are the last remnants of North American native tall grass which would disappear if ranchers didn’t continue conducting the prescribed burns....:cool:

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I burn mine because the grass that follows it is deep green rich in nutrients unlocked by the burn, while the blackened ground attracts and holds heat from the sun better resulting in earlier growth and germination.

And with respect to Kansas in particular, the flint hills are the last remnants of North American native tall grass which would disappear if ranchers didn’t continue conducting the prescribed burns....:cool:
I burn because I'm a fire bug! HA!

advertisement