Weather Talk

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
we got a couple inches of wet crap on the truck and trailer parked outside so, was working on my uncles quad. took it back in this lovely to work in crap. still snowing too. still seems like no one gave the note its spring to mother nature. wish she would get it still, even the ice cream places around have been open for a week or two, you never see anyone there for some reason

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
just the 2 story part is original, hand carved beam, kinda looks like oak from what you see in the basement, solid one inch T&G floor when they did real one one inch stuff. the roof over that and the first part the is the front door has that too. the back addition and garage where done in the 80s. was 5 or 6 different kinds of roof under when i was taking it off shakes, roll, more shingles, was real fun trying to put lights in too they left everything in there too. all the floors are covered with ply and rugs and drywall now unfortunately. only place left you can see is the basement.
Love the history. Basements often are the most original. 169 years old!!!!:cool:

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
just the 2 story part is original, hand carved beam, kinda looks like oak from what you see in the basement, solid one inch T&G floor when they did real one one inch stuff. the roof over that and the first part the is the front door has that too. the back addition and garage where done in the 80s. was 5 or 6 different kinds of roof under when i was taking it off shakes, roll, more shingles, was real fun trying to put lights in too they left everything in there too. all the floors are covered with ply and rugs and drywall now unfortunately. only place left you can see is the basement.
I’ve done a lot of roofing. Aren’t those little shingle nails great getting out. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
we got a couple inches of wet crap on the truck and trailer parked outside so, was working on my uncles quad. took it back in this lovely to work in crap. still snowing too. still seems like no one gave the note its spring to mother nature. wish she would get it still, even the ice cream places around have been open for a week or two, you never see anyone there for some reason
Keep it there. Please. :)
Caper

advertisement
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’ve done a lot of roofing. Aren’t those little shingle nails great getting out. :)
Caper
roof is the worst job i can think of really just because of that, everyone leaves the old and puts more and bigger nails everywhere. those old sections had them everywhere and into hard tongue and groove, roof tools wouldnt work there everyone i had to get with pry bar and hammer and 80 percent myself, trucked all the shingles up myself. i did buy a nail gun but the nails were the worst

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
roof is the worst job i can think of really just because of that, everyone leaves the old and puts more and bigger nails everywhere. those old sections had them everywhere and into hard tongue and groove, roof tools wouldnt work there everyone i had to get with pry bar and hammer and 80 percent myself, trucked all the shingles up myself. i did buy a nail gun but the nails were the worst
A roofing shovel wouldn’t take them out. Wow. I did a few wit five layers. Lots of fun. I was younger then. I’ve done hundreds of rooves. In my younger days. Haha. I paid a friend to do my house last fall, and my cousin is doing my camp this spring. :)
I have a gun, but it’s only good if the boards don’t have big cracks. That’s why a lot of guys want to put plywood over the boards. Better nailing with a gun, plus big money to put the ply on.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A roofing shovel wouldn’t take them out. Wow. I did a few wit five layers. Lots of fun. I was younger then. I’ve done hundreds of rooves. In my younger days. Haha. I paid a friend to do my house last fall, and my cousin is doing my camp this spring. :)
I have a gun, but it’s only good if the boards don’t have big cracks. That’s why a lot of guys want to put plywood over the boards. Better nailing with a gun, plus big money to put the ply on.
Hit too soon. Haha.
And that’s the worst thing that a person can do is put shingles over other shingles. Half life. The guys that talk people into that, aren’t worrying about anything but money. Then they are gone. :)
Caper

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hit too soon. Haha.
And that’s the worst thing that a person can do is put shingles over other shingles. Half life. The guys that talk people into that, aren’t worrying about anything but money. Then they are gone. :)
Caper
Shingles? I had just tar paper for years! HA!

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
20190331 150056
them aint clouds those are big prairie burns.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Natchez,Ms. is like that all over. A lot of civil war homes and gardens.
Oh I know, I’ve been there, but apparently well into summer after the azaleas have made their display. I don’t remember anything like that, Nice.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2

most of what i was thinking while doing it was i cant believe any body would do this for a job, then imagine the people in oklahoma and new mexico in the summer, i guess its nto so bad when your young, got 30 year shingles and if i ever need the again going to be someone else like you say. i went with ply over the t and g on the 2nd story, really just because i though it would straiten it a little, everything in the old section looks like they didnt want to bother with a level. the addition was ply anyway only replaced some on the back because they made it so it was backing up and melting inside when the ice melted. between the slight pitch and nothing under it, was rotten there. went two rows of ice shield on everything and two layers of shingles on a few of the edge rows

probably different doing it yourself though i can work at the pace i want vs trying to get it done for money most people want. i paid about 3k for materials and the bids i got to do it the same were 11k to 32k. crazy, the 32 k one had this special dumpster that was hydraulic. and he was bragging about his tools and the time they save but im just thinking why should i have to pay for your ease of work

advertisement