Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
38 and cloudy here in the Rock this morning high suppose to be around 54.

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
38 and cloudy here in the Rock this morning high suppose to be around 54.
Seriously, that’s what it is here. I don’t think it’s going to be 54, but around 50.
Same as Ark. That’s great. :)
The Rock up here means, Newfoundland. :)
Caper

Reactions: Wallace
Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Seriously, that’s what it is here. I don’t think it’s going to be 54, but around 50.
Same as Ark. That’s great. :)
The Rock up here means, Newfoundland. :)
Caper
I work in Little Rock, so we sometimes shorten it.

Reactions: Caper
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
how are the mosquito populations in the summer?
June is probably the worst month.
We have black flies, and those little bastards, no see ems. Mosquitoes and black flies don’t bother me, just no see ems.
In July and August the heat kicks the crap out of the mosquitoes. Only really at night. I think I have some immunity. Haha. My dad and his brother slept in hammocks when he was a kid in the summer beside the house. The four girls got to stay in the house. I’m talking depression. Then him and his brother were shipped off to two different uncles to work for their meals. For four years. Haha
But that’s why I think skeeters and black flies don’t bother me. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
The wind changed to coming from the North. It’s still 40, but it’s cold.
No mosquitoes today. :)
Caper
800 0

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Fortunately we have a butt load of Martins/birds that will eat their weight every day in mosquitoes. We have a problem with horseflies every so often. They love it when you sweat or are wet. I guess having horses doesn't help.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Fortunately we have a butt load of Martins/birds that will eat their weight every day in mosquitoes. We have a problem with horseflies every so often. They love it when you sweat or are wet. I guess having horses doesn't help.
Send some of those birds up. :)
Yeah we have horse flies too. We also have deer flies. They follow your bike and when you stop they swarm you. After your stopped for a bit. Most are gone. But they get you from behind. Now they invented hats that have sticky paper in back. Haha. I don’t but my brother has.
We also have Moose flies. They will take a bite out of you. Twice the size of a horse fly. Haha. Let them land , then bang. :)
I guess it doesn’t matter where you go, the little bastards are there.
Even up north, they are there in the summer, with a vengeance. :)
Caper

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure about your flies but if they bother you on your patio/outdoor kitchen they say you can fill a couple of ziplock bags half full of water, I assume gallon size, and hang them up along the entries and exits. The water in the bag is supposed to make flies off balance when they fly as they look at it. Thankfully we only have trouble with the horseflies a couple of months out of the year and they don't come onto the outdoor kitchen. We have a couple of ceiling fans we run when out there so that might be why.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I also read somewhere that if you have wood bees,the kind that make holes in outside rafters and such for nest, that you can take a lunch size paper bag and fill it with crumpled up paper and hang it. The bees supposedly think it is a hornets nest and will stay away. They are supposed to be enemies.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
Wallace

Wallace

Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
We have what we call buffalo gnats but they are really black flies. Fly up nose and ears. Put a welp on you when they bite. A couple of days of temperatures 80+ and they die out. We have deer flies also those basters have teeth and bite before they lite on you.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I also read somewhere that if you have wood bees,the kind that make holes in outside rafters and such for nest, that you can take a lunch size paper bag and fill it with crumpled up paper and hang it. The bees supposedly think it is a hornets nest and will stay away. They are supposed to be enemies.
Haha, yeah we have fake hornet nests. Seem to work. :) We don’t have wood bees. We have a big bee that lives under ground. We call them bumblebee. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mopower58
advertisement