Looking like it today..:D
F82CAB11 AEF7 4894 84EF 08266A293DB4

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
most of what i was thinking while doing it was i cant believe any body would do this for a job, then imagine the people in oklahoma and new mexico in the summer, i guess its nto so bad when your young, got 30 year shingles and if i ever need the again going to be someone else like you say. i went with ply over the t and g on the 2nd story, really just because i though it would straiten it a little, everything in the old section looks like they didnt want to bother with a level. the addition was ply anyway only replaced some on the back because they made it so it was backing up and melting inside when the ice melted. between the slight pitch and nothing under it, was rotten there. went two rows of ice shield on everything and two layers of shingles on a few of the edge rows

probably different doing it yourself though i can work at the pace i want vs trying to get it done for money most people want. i paid about 3k for materials and the bids i got to do it the same were 11k to 32k. crazy, the 32 k one had this special dumpster that was hydraulic. and he was bragging about his tools and the time they save but im just thinking why should i have to pay for your ease of work
I should have had a roofing company.Definitely good money in it. A lot of crooks too.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
What does that mean??
Ice and water shield sticks to the bare roof and the starter strip . And when you put a nail in it it seals the hole. So the ice melt doesn’t back up under the shingles and in the house. . :) probably don’t use that much in the south.
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Oak Island is on tonight :)
I’m going to a wedding this summer and I’ll be staying at Oak Island Resort. Water view. Across from the island.:)
I’m just going to take my spotting scope and not go to the wedding. Haha :)
Caper

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
the spot that it was leaking In when thawing was about 5ft up from the edge, code says 1 row (from the edge and all the sides) which is 4ft I think but I put two down, really don't want to worry about thawing an icy roof

we got a few inches last night power went out for a couple hrs and its windy but I had the wood stove going all day and it was warm. wonderful spring so far, global warming my a.

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
advertisement