Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Moose Factory is a Cree community at the south end of James Bay/Hudson Bay. There are no summer roads to it.
They closed the schools today because its cold,-30*C (-22*F) with windchill of-44*C (-47*F).
50 years ago they would have considered that to be a normal work day.
The climate may be getting warmer but we are becoming "softer"
Kind of feel like a wuss this morning with -21 with the windchill:oops:

6345BF7E 9B55 47C4 BCEA 4AE38CFFCE74

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry gents...posted this in the wrong thread.

I think a lot of the quick to cancel policy comes from the litigious society we live in. Far too many people that would be all too happy to sue if something happened. I can remember being in the ditch a time or two on the bus. If that happened today there would be ten lawsuits filed the next day.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I remember walking to the bus stop one morning when it was -32. Dad would've taken me but new truck with stock battery wouldn't start. Threw my gloves off somewhere along the way as they were useless and put my hands in my armpits. I reached the stop just as the bus pulled up. Driver said ' oh you poor boy, sit up here in the front'. I looked in the big mirror over her head and my hair and eye brows were frosted white. As I started warming up, my ear kept itching. Guessing it was the start of frostbite?
Regardless of the weather, if school was open, you were going! :confused:

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember walking to the bus stop one morning when it was -32. Dad would've taken me but new truck with stock battery wouldn't start. Threw my gloves off somewhere along the way as they were useless and put my hands in my armpits. I reached the stop just as the bus pulled up. Driver said ' oh you poor boy, sit up here in the front'. I looked in the big mirror over her head and my hair and eye brows were frosted white. As I started warming up, my ear kept itching. Guessing it was the start of frostbite?

Yes sir. I never had temps that cold in my area, but I can appreciate the sentiment in that last sentence for sure.

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I grew up in San Diego area and had to walk to school in rain sometimes. :eek: Poor pitiful me. :D:D:D

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sorry gents...posted this in the wrong thread.

I think a lot of the quick to cancel policy comes from the litigious society we live in. Far too many people that would be all too happy to sue if something happened. I can remember being in the ditch a time or two on the bus. If that happened today there would be ten lawsuits filed the next day.

Yup, but predicting weather is a blindfolded 100yd shot at a bat with a shotgun. Does that warrant a shutdown every time bad weather is a chance ...probably not but here locally two events have made them gunshy.

4/27/2011 it was supposed to be a very bad severe weather day. They ended up sending kids home early region wide luckily as we had one of the worst tornado outbreaks in last 50 years. 238 died in Alabama alone from 62 tornadoes F1-F5 and they didn’t think it was going to be anywhere near that bad. (360 tornados total) Several schools were completely obliterated by the F3-F4 tornadoes, University of Alabama and a major hospital sustained heavy damage with students killed.

We were supposed to get a flurry in Jan 2014 that ended up covering most roads in 1-2” of ice.
Shut everything down, wrecked busses and hurt some kids. It was actually fairly slick everywhere, My wife spent the night at her school with her class because the roads were impassable by most and the cops had everything shut down anyway. I got up early the next morning went home got the 700 so I could fit between the wrecked cars and went and got her and most of the other teachers. The fire department finally got some snow chains and was carrying the kids. Out to the main hwy from the school. It took a couple days for roads to thaw, even with sand trucks they were still to slick to drive on in shaded places.

4DF4B2EF FC1E 42B0 BEEE B15A797A6A07 6F0AB6EA 986E 4C38 89BF C4803900E652 EFCAF075 C383 4ED5 8710 A22F7CCBB331

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yup, but predicting weather is a blindfolded 100yd shot at a bat with a shotgun. Does that warrant a shutdown every time bad weather is a chance ...probably not but here locally two events have made them gunshy.

4/27/2011 it was supposed to be a very bad severe weather day. They ended up sending kids home early region wide luckily as we had one of the worst tornado outbreaks in last 50 years. 238 died in Alabama alone from 62 tornadoes F1-F5 and they didn’t think it was going to be anywhere near that bad. (360 tornados total) Several schools were completely obliterated by the F3-F4 tornadoes, University of Alabama and a major hospital sustained heavy damage with students killed.

We were supposed to get a flurry in Jan 2014 that ended up covering most roads in 1-2” of ice.
Shut everything down, wrecked busses and hurt some kids. It was actually fairly slick everywhere, My wife spent the night at her school with her class because the roads were impassable by most and the cops had everything shut down anyway. I got up early the next morning went home got the 700 so I could fit between the wrecked cars and went and got her and most of the other teachers. The fire department finally got some snow chains and was carrying the kids. Out to the main hwy from the school. It took a couple days for roads to thaw, even with sand trucks they were still to slick to drive on in shaded places.

View attachment 102741 View attachment 102742 View attachment 102743
Only way I have figured out how to creep along on ice is with studded tires front and rear or pull out the trusty lap top and work from home.

Reactions: Caper
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Only way I have figured out how to creep along on ice is with studded tires front and rear or pull out the trusty lap top and work from home.
You’re not gluing PVC or crimping PEX from home on a lap top you stoner.....:D:D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You’re not gluing PVC or crimping PEX from home on a lap top you stoner.....:D:D
Not hardly, but you can do the math for a pre fab bath room groups, put it together in the shop while waiting on the job site to clear, after site clears then place the bath room groups where they go and connect the dots and stay on schedule.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I grew up in San Diego area and had to walk to school in rain sometimes. :eek: Poor pitiful me. :D:D:D
Grew up not far from Seattle, when it would even think about snowing we’d have the day off from school, seemed like a lot of the town would close if we got much. Now in Spokane just a few hundred miles away it’s usually business as normal with snow. I don’t remember last time the kids had a snow day here, usually busses run a little late but that’s the only hiccup. So use to having snow that it doesn’t effect much

Reactions: Caper and trigger
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Currently it has warmed up -3 degrees to a balmy -38 below, lol. Time to get the kids to school! -24 sucks as well by the way! Damn it I have mods to complete:mad:

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If it gets to 20 here it last maybe a week. I rode my bike to school most days unless it rained. Any negative temperature is just too cold! That is one reason I have stayed in the South.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can’t believe the weather shift here. Normally we’re one of the colder with tons of snow. Compared to what’s going on that direction it’s tropical here lol.
EDD50EC4 E2C2 42E5 9DB4 653E074387F3

Reactions: Eltobgi and Caper
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sunny and 36 here today but it was rainy and 70 yesterday. Our weather is schizophrenic since the jet stream moves north and south by a 150 or so miles on a daily basis in the fall, winter, and spring. It’s been 75 on Christmas Day and 20 and snowing on Jan 1st before. Summer it’s just hot and humid from Early April until fall shows up in late October.

Edit: yes that’s basically 7months of “Summer” and 5 months between the other three “seasons”

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!