Weather Talk

D

Duckhunt

Last weekend we were on Lake of the Woods, most northern point in the lower 48, and this is what we set up in. It got to -35F in Baudette the next morning, which is the last town we go out of. Took 2 hours to get my fish house up to 65F and then it was good. Got her spray foamed for times like this.
56960543737  E643B0A0 CE09 4311 9F78 2A30916F84E0

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Last weekend we were on Lake of the Woods, most northern point in the lower 48, and this is what we set up in. It got to -35F in Baudette the next morning, which is the last town we go out of. Took 2 hours to get my fish house up to 65F and then it was good. Got her spray foamed for times like this.
View attachment 104388
Wow. Did you catch anything. Haha. Saw on the news this morning the ice in the streets in Ohio and Michigan. Not good. Stay safe. And warm.
Caper

D

Duckhunt

Wow. Did you catch anything. Haha. Saw on the news this morning the ice in the streets in Ohio and Michigan. Not good. Stay safe. And warm.
Caper
We did actually! Good year up there. Only caught 35-40 all weekend but two weeks prior Wife and I got 85-100 in a day and a half! Good times. This past weekend I even dropped my Iphone down a hole. Barely remember it but my bro was kind enough to remind me and do a reenactment the following morning. All the fish now know my secret spots, and have pictures of their large dead relatives.

We're stuck in a 10 day spell starting last weekend through next week with very few days above 0 and most nights <-20. Tonight's low back to -30. Sigh. Oh well I choose to live here and love it... most of the time.

Yeah it's a mess across most of the northern half of the country. Stock up on Bud Light and coffee.

EDIT: And a mess for our Canadian friends as well @Caper !!!!!!!!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
We did actually! Good year up there. Only caught 35-40 all weekend but two weeks prior Wife and I got 85-100 in a day and a half! Good times. This past weekend I even dropped my Iphone down a hole. Barely remember it but my bro was kind enough to remind me and do a reenactment the following morning. All the fish now know my secret spots, and have pictures of their large dead relatives.

We're stuck in a 10 day spell starting last weekend through next week with very few days above 0 and most nights <-20. Tonight's low back to -30. Sigh. Oh well I choose to live here and love it... most of the time.

Yeah it's a mess across most of the northern half of the country. Stock up on Bud Light and coffee.

EDIT: And a mess for our Canadian friends as well @Caper !!!!!!!!
Haha hopefully it will be a little warmer when it gets to Nova Scotia. Haha. And wow on the fish. We don’t have fishing like that anymore except in the Highlands. Very red rainbows. Almost like cutthroat trout. Hard to get to, but that’s why they are still there. Haha. That’s where the Honda comes in. Darn acid rain killed our rivers and lakes in the ‘70s and ‘80s. Starting to come back. I love May fly on the fly rod in the spring. Nothing better. Stay warm.
Caper

Reactions: Smitty335
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 104248
You guys are tough. Over here, they’ll close at -15 or if they have snow days left they’ll use them. School was closed today for us. It wasn’t cold but the snow was flying hard.
Were looking at a foot of snow starting Sunday afternoon through Monday. Combined with the cold we might not have school till Friday.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Were looking at a foot of snow starting Sunday afternoon through Monday. Combined with the cold we might not have school till Friday.
Nothing better than a big storm. As long as no one is hurt. That’s why I love living in Nova Scotia. Lots of big storms. Don’t like hurricanes too much. But even the couple that hit here in my life, have been really cool. Juan, I just stood in the outside of my house in the lea, the wind sounded like a freight trail rolling by. Lost my front shingles, but I got off easy. Haha. But still love a good storm. Stay warm and safe.
Caper

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing better than a big storm. As long as no one is hurt. That’s why I love living in Nova Scotia. Lots of big storms. Don’t like hurricanes too much. But even the couple that hit here in my life, have been really cool. Juan, I just stood in the outside of my house in the lea, the wind sounded like a freight trail rolling by. Lost my front shingles, but I got off easy. Haha. But still love a good storm. Stay warm and safe.
Caper
I love it too. Actually being snowed in is fun. For a bit.

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yup, we’re gona get what u have after on Monday. Cold here right now! High only 6. Your getting ready for the frozen pipes and me pipes on boiler calls! Fun times:(

Reactions: Mudwing and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I love it too. Actually being snowed in is fun. For a bit.
We had a storm the year after Juan in the winter we called White Juan. Got over 3 feet of snow in a few days, non stop. That shut us down for a bit. Haha. And my wife is a teacher, one year to retirement, and of course I spelled Lee wrong. Haha. Get a good fire going and a nice drink of good rum and just watch. Haha. Nothing better. Well. Haha
Caper

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Just saw your weather. Wow. I feel bad for the homeless people. Hope there are shelters for everyone. Good luck. Stay warm.
Caper
Don’t feel bad for them! We have a mini California called Ann Arbor liberal as f***. I Havent lived there in 20 years but grew up there before it became that. That’s where the homeless live. They built 2 giant high rise shelters downtown for the homeless to stay at some 12 yrs ago that is better than some residents in the city while hiking the taxes to have it and keep it going. Typical Ann Arbor...to do something like that than to help some of them get a job or deal with there mental health. So it’s become a haven for the homeless. They stand at the expressway exits in the city all the time with signs for money and food while some libtards in Prius’s and Subaru’s stop and give it to them when they have it made in those Taj Mahal 5 million dollar built with tax payers money shelters downtown. With the city’s stupid ordenace the cops can’t do s*** about it! Total BS! That town has become a mini San Francisco without the homeless craping in the street! It’s not the city I grew up in and I’m ashamed to say that I did most of the time. So no, I’m not worried the slightest for them. Sorry for the rant, just struck a cord!
It’s gona be cold as balls tho next week!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don’t feel bad for them! We have a mini California called Ann Arbor liberal as f***. I Havent lived there in 20 years but grew up there before it became that. That’s where the homeless live. They built 2 giant high rise shelters downtown for the homeless to stay at some 12 yrs ago that is better than some residents in the city while hiking the taxes to have it and keep it going. Typical Ann Arbor...to do something like that than to help some of them get a job or deal with there mental health. So it’s become a haven for the homeless. They stand at the expressway exits in the city all the time with signs for money and food while some libtards in Prius’s and Subaru’s stop and give it to them when they have it made in those Taj Mahal 5 million dollar built with tax payers money shelters downtown. With the city’s stupid ordenace the cops can’t do s*** about it! Total BS! That town has become a mini San Francisco without the homeless craping in the street! It’s not the city I grew up in and I’m ashamed to say that I did most of the time. So no, I’m not worried the slightest for them. Sorry for the rant, just struck a cord!
Homeless people are all over the streets of Oklahoma, a very red state. Homelessness is a problem that plagues everybody, it’s not political and a society not properly taking care of the mentally ill and vets (which make up the majority of homeless) within its population is a huge problem for all Americans. Not to disagree with many of your points.

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Didn’t mean to hit a nerve. I just hate to see anybody living outside. Especially in that cold. We have guys here that won’t go in a shelter,doesn’t matter how cold. When I got hurt, if I wasn’t married, I would have lost everything. Things are better now, money wise, but I could have been one of those guys. Life sucks sometimes. People look at me and can’t see anything wrong, but I have two disks in my neck touching my spinal cord. And for the people that think I’ve got it made because I have a little pension, those people don’t want to work anytime anyway.
Hope we’re still good. I totally understand where your coming from. Stay warm this week. Have a drink for me. And have a great day.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Snow may be rare in the South, but do get ice storms. Bad one in 2009 while working at electric utility. A lot of respect for the linemen that rebuild the system in those conditions.

EE53836F 1A1D 4E17 A1F9 FA80B7A13F23

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!