Weather Talk

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Homeless people are all over the streets of Oklahoma, a very red state. Homelessness is a problem that plagues everybody, it’s not political and a society not properly taking care of the mentally ill and vets (which make up the majority of homeless) within its population is a huge problem for all Americans. Not to disagree with many of your points.
Snow may be rare in the South, but do get ice storms. Bad one in 2009 while working at electric utility. A lot of respect for the linemen that rebuild the system in those conditions.

View attachment 104581
i worked outside my whole life. The trick is not to go inside and get warm, just dress warm and keep moving. Haha. Once you go in you sweat and then you get cold faster so stay out and work hard. Been there done that. Haha
Caper

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Homeless people are all over the streets of Oklahoma, a very red state. Homelessness is a problem that plagues everybody, it’s not political and a society not properly taking care of the mentally ill and vets (which make up the majority of homeless) within its population is a huge problem for all Americans. Not to disagree with many of your points.
I’m sorry for jumping in and detailing the thread like that. I didn’t want to start a political rant but I did say it so I own it. See I grew up in that once great town In my mind. my family were police officers there, my grandfather once Owned the famed hardware store in town and my uncle owned one of the beast known taverns frequented by many of the Universtys sports teams and coaches alike that was run out of business due to the changing government there and that’s a known fact. I still work in that town. Don’t misunderstand me, I know there is an issue with homelessness and many have a ligit reason. Just the city has just masked the problem instead of trying to help in better ways that’s all I’m saying. The government that’s been in place the last 20 yrs there have become the feel good not the want to really help government. As for me, Ive helped what I can with our vets at the local VFW with my coach and past commander there For things for vets coming home to give them support that my help them get jobs when they get home so they can live a good life and to not become homeless.
That said....let’s get back to the weather! Getting 7-8” of snow they say tonight. We got 12” at my cabin up north 2 nights ago on top of the 9” they got the week before. I’m gona have to get up there with the plow soon so I can get in to the camp. -6 up there right now!:confused:

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I’m sorry for jumping in and detailing the thread like that. I didn’t want to start a political rant but I did say it so I own it. See I grew up in that once great town In my mind. my family were police officers there, my grandfather once Owned the famed hardware store in town and my uncle owned one of the beast known taverns frequented by many of the Universtys sports teams and coaches alike that was run out of business due to the changing government there and that’s a known fact. I still work in that town. Don’t misunderstand me, I know there is an issue with homelessness and many have a ligit reason. Just the city has just masked the problem instead of trying to help in better ways that’s all I’m saying. The government that’s been in place the last 20 yrs there have become the feel good not the want to really help government. As for me, Ive helped what I can with our vets at the local VFW with my coach and past commander there For things for vets coming home to give them support that my help them get jobs when they get home so they can live a good life and to not become homeless.
That said....let’s get back to the weather! Getting 7-8” of snow they say tonight. We got 12” at my cabin up north 2 nights ago on top of the 9” they got the week before. I’m gona have to get up there with the plow soon so I can get in to the camp. -6 up there right now!:confused:
All good here. And I can’t even get into my camp in Cape Breton. Too much ice from all the rain lately. We don’t have any snow on the ground in Halifax. All gone. Don’t mind that a bit. A snowmobile would be great in Cape Breton. Most people there have one. I need tracks for my bike like IDBuckshot. Very cool.
Caper

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Don’t misunderstand me, I know there is an issue with homelessness and many have a ligit reason. Just the city has just masked the problem instead of trying to help in better ways that’s all I’m saying.
Yeah I agree, in fact it’s ignored by everybody. I grew up in California, we were the shining city on the hill when it came to mental health institutions, an example for the rest of our country. Then a governor came along and decided it was a waste of money and shuttered half of our 30 odd institutions turning them out onto the streets. We will always have a percentage of the population that suffers from mental health and its obligatory for the rest of us to take care of them.

And to the weather, it will be sunny and warm (50’s) where I’m at in New Mexico at 8,000’ the snow on the ground should be melting. :)

Reactions: Caper and Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
All good Remi. :cool:

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
And to the weather[/QUOTE]
And to the weather, it will be sunny and warm (50’s) where I’m at in New Mexico at 8,000’ the snow on the ground should be melting. :)

Id love to have 50 degree weather about now lol. I like snow but it can go away right after Christmas Day haha

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
And to the weather

Id love to have 50 degree weather about now lol. I like snow but it can go away right after Christmas Day haha[/QUOTE]
It’s not 50 but it is 40 here today. It’s beautiful out. It would be a great day on the bike. I guess we’re not going to get anything of the cold and snow. It’s all going up and over. To Quebec. Haha. I wish it would stay like this ALL winter. Wouldn’t bother me. I don’t have a snowmobile anyway. Haha. Stay warm down there.
Caper

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Id love to have 50 degree weather about now lol. I like snow but it can go away right after Christmas Day haha
It’s not 50 but it is 40 here today. It’s beautiful out. It would be a great day on the bike. I guess we’re not going to get anything of the cold and snow. It’s all going up and over. To Quebec. Haha. I wish it would stay like this ALL winter. Wouldn’t bother me. I don’t have a snowmobile anyway. Haha. Stay warm down there.
Caper[/QUOTE]
I’ll be out in it al day tomorrow and next week. There be a lot of furnaces to fix I’m sure.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
And to the weather

Id love to have 50 degree weather about now lol. I like snow but it can go away right after Christmas Day haha[/QUOTE]
Let’s meet in New
Caper
I’ll be out in it al day tomorrow and next week. There be a lot of furnaces to fix I’m sure.[/QUOTE]
A good friend just retired from President of a big furnace oil company up here. He wasn’t happy when I put in a Heat pump. Haha. Oh well. We still have oil for hot water. Our bill for oil so far this year is about $160. And our electric bill is $93 over last year. That’s with electric heat on in the basement. Our neighbor filled their tank twice so far. We usually spend over $3,000 on oil each year. So hopefully the Heat pump will save some money. Good for air in the summer too. The house is staying at 23c or 73f , so the heat is good. Once Muscat Falls comes on line, power will stay good for years. Power for all. Haha hopefully. The U. S. is going to benefit big time off it too. It’s a huge Dam project in Newfoundland. Good luck this week. Stay warm.
Caper

Reactions: Remington
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Under a blizzard warning currently with colder temps coming! -25 below with wind chill!:(
C952C55C 6F84 4913 8A5D 18EE329812A9

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A good friend just retired from President of a big furnace oil company up here. He wasn’t happy when I put in a Heat pump. Haha. Oh well. We still have oil for hot water. Our bill for oil so far this year is about $160. And our electric bill is $93 over last year. That’s with electric heat on in the basement. Our neighbor filled their tank twice so far. We usually spend over $3,000 on oil each year. So hopefully the Heat pump will save some money. Good for air in the summer too. The house is staying at 23c or 73f , so the heat is good. Once Muscat Falls comes on line, power will stay good for years. Power for all. Haha hopefully. The U. S. is going to benefit big time off it too. It’s a huge Dam project in Newfoundland. Good luck this week. Stay warm.
Caper
I’m the only guy in our shop that was trained in fuel oil. It’s kinda a dying trade here. I worked on them for quite a few years. Good heat but messy and needs maintenance regularly. I have propane and have an air to air HP with gas back up. I fill my tank 1-2 times a year as opposed to the 4 times before. I heat my barn with a propane unit heater and a tankless WH. What type of HP do u have?

Reactions: Caper
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Fathers house of 1958 had underground oil tank, had to have it pumped and closed when selling as he had switched to Nat. Gas, $1200.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Fathers house of 1958 had underground oil tank, had to have it pumped and closed when selling as he had switched to Nat. Gas, $1200.
Yup, theyget you for that. Not unusual to have a tank in the ground back in the day. It sucks when u have to get rid of it.

Reactions: Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
83E7BCCA 44E1 4498 85A4 24C8A4212AFD
FB888370 0CD4 4EF7 AC6A 310A3AC78CBA
I’m the only guy in our shop that was trained in fuel oil. It’s kinda a dying trade here. I worked on them for quite a few years. Good heat but messy and needs maintenance regularly. I have propane and have an air to air HP with gas back up. I fill my tank 1-2 times a year as opposed to the 4 times before. I heat my barn with a propane unit heater and a tankless WH. What type of HP do u have?
I bought a LG . Good to -25. So it says. It’s been to -20 and still good. I have the furnace set at 20 and it hasn’t had to come on yet. And yeah we have gas off our coast and coming ashore but our great government thought it would be better to send it to Boston rather than let us use it. A few businesses have it but not many homes. But the HP works good. My friend in Alberta with the ranch has a big horse barn with a huge national gas heater in it . No horses so not using it. My buddy in Ontario raises horses and just put up this post and been barn. Probably done by now.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A6F9891A 9B24 4218 B5C9 63C508CC28ED
I guess I should have sent a picture of the HP too. Mini split. Inside and outside.
3399ACE3 FB6B 4920 8654 26F9E92500EF

Caper

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!