Weather Talk

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Absolutely beautiful night here. Deift smoke from Alberta gave the sun a nice sheen tonight.
20190531 201045

Reactions: Caper and Mudwing
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Dardanelle took a hard hit. Wastewater plant went under last week. I've been in contact with city officials and it will be close, but the water plant is ok as of now. I've been reaching out to every system between Little Rock and Oklahoma since this started. Some are submerged and some are holding on with sandbags and prayers. Everything that is in the Fort Smith and Van Buran areas is heading down stream. Those that are fine tonight may be screwed in a day or two as it moves down stream. Time and the strength of the levy's will tell.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We did (red team). If my daughter was a little better at catching the ball at first we wouldve shut them out. We will be working on it the next few days.
My oldest son was a terrible base ball player, but loved to play, always played the out field and would turn his head and close his eyes on grounders and get hit in the head with the ball, I thought enough, so I duck taped him to a tree and threw tennis balls at him until he kept his eyes open and quit ducking, issue solved! True story! HA! # 2 son was a natural, played short stop, nothing got buy him, he was a little poop for his age. When he would come up to bat the out field would move in and he would send them chasing the ball behind them, he usually made it to 3rd base, he quicker than a house cat! HA! And batting the umps would try to get him to stand in the middle of the batters box, I would just whistle and he would know to move up, I coached him on crowding the plate to make the pitchers take some off there pitches, he was really small! HA! Not now!

Last edited:
Reactions: Caper
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The levy at Van Buran was reinforced and looks like it will hold. Water is still coming over at Paris but as of now hasn't burst. My hat is off to the old timers that weren't engineer's that built the levy's with material on hand, drag lines and mules, experience, and dedication to protect others. They took nothing and made something that today has saved more than they thought it would when they were breaking thier backs.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The levy at Van Buran was reinforced and looks like it will hold. Water is still coming over at Paris but as of now hasn't burst. My hat is off to the old timers that weren't engineer's that built the levy's with material on hand, drag lines and mules, experience, and dedication to protect others. They took nothing and made something that today has saved more than they thought it would when they were breaking thier backs.
Just how old or disposition do you have to be to be considered an old timer? HA!

Last edited:
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just how old do you have to be to be considered an old timer? HA!
Anyone with more experience and older than me.
I've worked floods before but this is the worst I've seen in Arkansas.

advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Anyone with more experience and older than me.
I've worked floods before but this is the worst I've seen in Arkansas.
This is bad, I can see the locks and levies being repaired.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
My oldest son was a terrible base ball player, but loved to play, always played the out field and would turn his head and close his eyes on grounders and get hit in the head with the ball, I thought enough, so I duck taped him to a tree and threw tennis balls at him until he kept his eyes open and quit ducking, issue solved! True story! HA! # 2 son was a natural, played short stop, nothing got buy him, he was a little poop for his age. When he would come up to bat the out field would move in and he would send them chasing the ball behind them, he usually made it to 3rd base, he quicker than a house cat! HA! And batting the umps would try to get him to stand in the middle of the batters box, I would just whistle and he would know to move up, I coached him on crowding the plate to make the pitchers take some off there pitches, he was really small! HA! Not now!
My wife was not athletic in high school. I was a late bloomer. All league in cross country and track. All league and all area my senior year in basketball. I lettered every year in every sport I played including football my freshman year.

SWB

SWB

Apr 22, 2019
South Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't ever recall it being this bad. Lake Saracen in Pine Bluff is almost out of its banks. Has no where to go but up. Still going up another foot and half before all this crest.

Reactions: Caper and YardDog
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad you guys are out there working this....:cool:
Thanks man. I've worked floods, ice storms, tornadoes, and hurricanes. You see a lot of s*** you can't get in a picture, and in some cases it doesn't need to be. But everytime I'm done and heading home, the folks impacted are more than appreciative. I never remember their names, but I never forget their faces.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!